Spin: Black Male Statistics

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
How do we fix bad parents? By raising kids as a village and keeping other parents in check when they're not doing right.

How do we keep black men out of prison? By INVESTING in Black BOYS and showing them there's more to life than hoes, rapping and sports!

These two stand out to me, espeicially the first. We as black people see examples of bad parenting all the time but look the other way. I'm gulity of it as well but I've also mentored other family members of mines and friends of my son. There is only so much you can do to change bad parents, but you can always help out the child.

And yes, nothing wrong with black men playing sports and being into rap music but please in addition to those things lets teach them how to tie a tie, how to play chess. Teach them about credit. My son loves sports to death and thats why I tell him about other sports related jobs besides being an athlete such as being a sports agent, coaching, scout, promotions, etc.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I disagree and here is why. This goes for you as well Nigerian poster.

You have immigrants that move to this country and although they do get special incentives to open businesses and loans, what do they do? They keep that money in-house. Ya'll in every thread talking about the goodness of Mae Ling's fried shrimp meanwhile that dollar will not be reinvested within the community.

I'm at work so I don't have the time to pull up every Government initiative that has targeted specifically us, but check it. Even when we hold one of our "people" to that, there's 100 to say that's not "his or her's" job *cough* Obama.

:wtf:

So spare me. It has to come from within. As soon as we speak on single mothers. There are 100 believing we are attacking them.

We speak on jail and it's "I never had a chance" :to:

I know brotha's from the same block as me, same opportunities, same career progression still turn to crime. And for what? To Floss!

Black people are extremely hyper-sensitive. It's nauseating. You would think with all the self-agrandizement, chest bumping, fist pumping, Queen, King talk etc that we were Alonzo in Training Day, but like they say the Loudest person in the room is the weakest.

I was riding the bus through the huge Asiatown we have in Houston and it just amazed me this community had it's own banks, retailers, food stores, restaurants, dry cleaners, hotels, apartments, etc. etc. all owned and operated by the community. And this isn't the only example. Most communities have all of the needs of that community handled by members of the community so the money stays in house.

Meanwhile in black communities the only thing we have any control over is the church. And they're not exactly giving back like they used to.

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin
Really, the only point people are trying to make in this thread is you guys(not all of us) spend 50% of your time shytting on black women. Not a day goes by where a thread trying to show black women in a negative manner doesn't get made. But when a thread does the same to black males yall cant even defend yourself and start getting tongue tied:skip:

I mean really, yall nikkas have the AUDACITY to make threads talking about "should we give single mothers a second chance" when half of yall nikkas were raised by single moms :rudy: foh with that bullshyt.

Lets keep it 100 for a second, the only reason yall nikkas think black women aint shyt, is because your mom probably wasnt shyt and thats how you view all black women.:shaq:

:ohhh:

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
But the fact, still, remains...

None of us are gonna do shyt about these stats once this thread dies. :comeon:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
:why: Am I the only person thus far that has said "I am part of the problem". That's why this p-ssing contest exists. That's the culture I speak of. The complete lack of humility to say, "I've made mistakes, I am sorry, I have let the people around me down, How can I make this better?"

Realest shyt said here so far. But we need to build ourselves as a people. nikkas and women dont want to hear that. Woman support intelligence in our young man. Man rezpect and uplift ya woman.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff

Complaining is easier. :manny:

At least we could mentor young black men, but I guess somewhere a single mother would benefit and we CAN'T have that. :comeon:

• Dap
Reactions: I'z

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All these issues are symptoms of poverty a system designed to take advantage of those who are the least fortunate. If you study American history then you know how the black community got here. It was no accident. Economic empowerment is the only solution to these issues. Everyone else is getting govt handouts while black folks are blaming themselves buying republican rhetoric about pulling themselves up from their bootstraps. What do you call bailouts, no bid contracts, corp subsidies, white privelage/racism etc.. Time to stop eating scraps off the floor and come to table and demand our piece of the pie. We pay taxes too.

We need real investment in our communities and more contracts for black owned businesses. Need more govt jobs in our communities. Corp America has proven they will hire a white man with a felony and high school diploma over a brother with a college degree. Need real education reform and career training programs. That just for starters.
^^THIS. a REAL answer. not that nonsense answer you here everyday about "we need mentors". sure that would help a smidget. but not enough. because we have mentors and the same thing still happens.

like stated in the above post. learn the game. its not checkers people. its chess. the white man hides their flaws thru economics and power. we cant hide our flaws. they give corporate handouts from both sides of the aisle. nepotism at its finest all across the board. and you wonder why someone not as smart as you is your bosses boss. thats how and thats why. its not fair at all. if it was fair. the numbers would be around the same for everyone. they're not. and thats by design.

i'll take it a step further. obama is a big as it gets. big time college grad, with a white who's the same. obama is the president. yet and still, he cant be seen by WHITES to show nepotism for his people(the black side). if he does, all hell will break loose.

but truth is. clinton did it, bush I and II did it, reagan did it, they all do it. but yet when Obeezy gets in office. he better not do it to the fullest. otherwise the white people in this country will have a fit.
now if they will treat him like that. how do you think they'll treat YOu and I??????????

and if you want to know what happens if our community came together and really was serious about education. look no black wall street tulsa oklahoma 1921. what really happened? everytime we get it crackin like we're about to make moves and move up as a UNIT of people. we get SMACKED back down. you do this enough to anyone. it starts to sink into to your psyche. and you stop trying.

we are all humans but we are all mammals. tell your dog to go outside thru the same door. then as soon as he gets to the door. close it on him and let him bump his head. do it over and over for 3 months straight. eventually the dog will stop trying to go out the door. because he sees no reason to try. every time he gets close, it closes on him.

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
I was riding the bus through the huge Asiatown we have in Houston and it just amazed me this community had it's own banks, retailers, food stores, restaurants, dry cleaners, hotels, apartments, etc. etc. all owned and operated by the community. And this isn't the only example. Most communities have all of the needs of that community handled by members of the community so the money stays in house.

Meanwhile in black communities the only thing we have any control over is the church. And they're not exactly giving back like they used to.

Brothas and sistas would rather spend money at stores that don't care for them. I can't pull it up but there is a married couple that "bought black" for an entire year. I hadn't seen their updated progress but that's what I am talking about.

Again ya'll buy chicken wings from Asians.

Black people buy chicken wings from Asians:dwillhuh::what::why:

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
I've said this many times. The only way to stop this problem is to prevent this problem. Don't become part of the problem. As long as nikkas and bytches are in style nothing will ever change. No one can save the world. I'm happy you guys finally realized this though. You FINALLY ACCEPTED the problem. It's sad that it took a WOMAN making a thread on the stats of the MEN in order for you guys to understand the severity of the situation. These are generational and cultural problems. Now it's up to you to now be a part of it. Swim lonely. Find your own way out.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland

This is my biggest problem with the black community.

How is it we don't even run the stores that sell the black hair products?

I think spending our money with our own people will be a big step in the right direction

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA

:pachaha: Word we all know this shyt ain't gonna happen, the black community is a sinking

ship, better jump off and swim to shore while you still can.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All these issues are symptoms of poverty a system designed to take advantage of those who are the least fortunate. If you study American history then you know how the black community got here. It was no accident. Economic empowerment is the only solution to these issues. Everyone else is getting govt handouts while black folks are blaming themselves buying republican rhetoric about pulling themselves up from their bootstraps. What do you call bailouts, no bid contracts, corp subsidies, white privelage/racism etc.. Time to stop eating scraps off the floor and come to table and demand our piece of the pie. We pay taxes too.

We need real investment in our communities and more contracts for black owned businesses. Need more govt jobs in our communities. Corp America has proven they will hire a white man with a felony and high school diploma over a brother with a college degree. Need real education reform and career training programs. That just for starters.
LOL @ half of you nikkas ignoring this post

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Wasn't gone do it since.I ain't a black woman hater but since u asked and a nikka bored here u go. The reason is females. Everything a nikka does nowadays is based on the percieved p*ssy they gone get. A nikka can be bright as day but in school those principles are not what women respect and look for. So a nikka dumbs himself down to attract the woman's attention. Few males have sense enuff to avoid that trap. So by the time nikkas is outta school they done flunked and failed the system while the black woman.is graduating at a highly successful.rate.. So our own is the reason we not succeeding. But the ultimate blame lies with the white man and I will explain.another Time.
Why do you dumb muthaphuckas keep propagating this bullshyt? How old are you nikkas?