Spin: Black Male Statistics

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
corporate america doesn't want to hire black men?

:why:

you guys talk outta your asses so much it's ridiculous. maybe we can argue about minorities getting C-level and executive management positions, but the whole notion that corporate america has a "NO N!GGAS" approach is completely ass backwards.

in fact, the reality is the opposite. i work at an F100 that's good on diversity but by no means the standard-bearer, and they pay out $5k+ bonuses to managers that hire and retain AAs over 2 years. HIRE and RETAIN.

I've even had a chance to see the actual HR reports for recruits and hires. They have a specific qualifier for African American men in the system...they are flagged in the system! and if you're trying to fire a black male, you have to go through a ton of shyt w/ HR because the company is so desperate for them. trying to fire a black dude who hasn't just gone nuts on the job is like trying to move a mountain.

so bottom line is...if you're a black guy w/ a college degree in something useful and a half decent GPA (i'm talking 2.8+), you will not have trouble finding a job. stop w/ the bullshyt. :pacspit:

and i'm black btw.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
*Black college men end up just a few dollars ahead of Whites who went no further than high school.

I'll tackle this one.

I'm too lazy to get the sources (I'll let you google them) but blacks, men and women, are more likely to major in less lucrative fields (religion, social work, education) than whites are, likelier to end up with lower GPAs than whites, and are also likelier to attend third and fourth tier universities. If you control for these factors, black male college graduate earnings should be on par with white male college graduates.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll tackle this one.

I'm too lazy to get the sources (I'll let you google them) but blacks, men and women, are more likely to major in less lucrative fields (religion, social work, education) than whites are, likelier to end up with lower GPAs than whites, and are also likelier to attend third and fourth tier universities. If you control for these factors, black male college graduate earnings should be on par with white male college graduates.

I would like to see this information.:beli:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
corporate america doesn't want to hire black men?

:why:

you guys talk outta your asses so much it's ridiculous. maybe we can argue about minorities getting C-level and executive management positions, but the whole notion that corporate america has a "NO N!GGAS" approach is completely ass backwards.

in fact, the reality is the opposite. i work at an F100 that's good on diversity but by no means the standard-bearer, and they pay out $5k+ bonuses to managers that hire and retain AAs over 2 years. HIRE and RETAIN.

I've even had a chance to see the actual HR reports for recruits and hires. They have a specific qualifier for African American men in the system...they are flagged in the system! and if you're trying to fire a black male, you have to go through a ton of shyt w/ HR because the company is so desperate for them. trying to fire a black dude who hasn't just gone nuts on the job is like trying to move a mountain.

so bottom line is...if you're a black guy w/ a college degree in something useful and a half decent GPA (i'm talking 2.8+), you will not have trouble finding a job. stop w/ the bullshyt. :pacspit:

and i'm black btw.

Aside from the firing stuff. :snooze: to this post.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gotta disagree here. There has never been any serious political initiative to economically empower blacks pushed on a national level.

First WE have to realize these stats are no accident...

All these issues are symptoms of poverty a system designed to take advantage of those who are the least fortunate. If you study American history then you know how the black community got here. It was no accident. Economic empowerment is the only solution to these issues. Everyone else is getting govt handouts while black folks are blaming themselves buying republican rhetoric about pulling themselves up from their bootstraps. What do you call bailouts, no bid contracts, corp subsidies, white privelage/racism etc.. Time to stop eating scraps off the floor and come to table and demand our piece of the pie. We pay taxes too.

We need real investment in our communities and more contracts for black owned businesses. Need more govt jobs in our communities. Corp America has proven they will hire a white man with a felony and high school diploma over a brother with a college degree. Need real education reform and career training programs. That just for starters.

:heh:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I'll tackle this one.

:rudy:

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
You know what really pisses me off is when a black man decides to make the proactive decision to NOT go down the stereotypical path outlined above, we are called "sellouts" or accused of "acting too white". What the fukk is that breh?

I can't choose to be educated and live with standards and morals without being typecast? Why?

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
You know what really pisses me off is when a black man decides to make the proactive decision to NOT go down the stereotypical path outlined above, we are called "sellouts" or accused of "acting too white". What the fukk is that breh?

I can't choose to be educated and live with standards and morals without being typecast? Why?

Funny thing is the only people who accuse me of trying to be white for going against stereotypes are white people themselves :dead:

Then they have the audacity to also call me a thief, obsessed with watermelon, fried chicken and grape juice, among other things all the while they would steal shyt from ME.

The stupidity of some white people knows no bounds :dead:

Daps
1. I aint post these stats.

2. I never did anything to anyone on here but I'm called every fat single black bytch/single mother in the book on here. :rudy:

there's a lot of cacs on this board. They post some of that disrespectful shyt too.

havoc00
We Ready
msims
OPTiMO
ugksam
HookersandIceCream
Double J
RJY33
resurrection
KoolGTrap
Slystallion
houston911
Killer Instinct
Gallo
KEEPITTRILLA
SwiggyCabrera24
jackswstd
The Bilingual Gringo
matthew2777
lachreyatarbabypits
ROFL_GUY
aRoMaN21
Mike Statik
Tom
badvillain
Turenne
Demonic Servers

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
there's a lot of cacs on this board. They post some of that disrespectful shyt too.

havoc00
We Ready
msims
OPTiMO
ugksam
HookersandIceCream
Double J
RJY33
resurrection
KoolGTrap
Slystallion
houston911
Killer Instinct
Gallo
KEEPITTRILLA
SwiggyCabrera24
jackswstd
The Bilingual Gringo
matthew2777
lachreyatarbabypits
ROFL_GUY
aRoMaN21
Mike Statik
Tom
badvillain
Turenne
Demonic Servers

msims isn't white :dry:

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
This whole debate is funny for a myriad of reasons. *fades back into the shadows laughing*

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The sad thing is how quick we are as black men to support the bullshyt that is said about us.