• Other

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I'd have to vote Malcolm X because the subject matter alone was powerful and important - although there were certain things in the book I would have liked to have seen in the film. It's a good thing he made it when he did, because I couldn't see that movie being given a pass in 2012. I still remember when my mother took me to see it when it was released so it hold good memories for me. Everybody in the theatre was deeply moved by it.

Do the Right Thing, Jungle Fever and the underrated Mo Better Blues are all Grade A top quality movie making.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
anyone ever wonder what norman jewison would've done with Malcolm X, or what scorsese would've done with Clockers?

*note these directors were attached to the films. I'm not throwing random shyt out

My favorite is Do the Right Thing.

Spike fukking ruined Clockers tho...i wish somebody else woulda made that movie.

what do you think?

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
what do you think?
Scorcese and Clockers? I dunno. What does Scorcese know about nikkas and New Jersey? He certainly coulda done better than Spike Lee did.

Spike pretty much cut a quarter of the story out...then changed it to Brooklyn. He had questionable casting too. Delroy Lindo was fukking perfect. Harvey Kietel was cool...but everybody else was pretty much terrible or didnt fit their role at all.

I really like how Nick Gomez made New Jersey Drive...Really captured the setting. I would have loved if Clockers had that feel.

I think David Simon coulda done that shyt justice...He loved Clockers so much he hired Richard Price to be a writer on the Wire. Plus there were alot of scenes inspired from/directly taken from Clockers and put on The Wire...but I dont think Dave has done any movies...he prolly couldnt do it without stretching it out.

Brian DePalma would be an upgrade...he knows how to make long ass epics with great Cinematography that nikkas in the hood love. And he's from Jersey.

Daps
Do The Right Thing is his best movie

Malcolm X is his most important movie

QFT

Do The Right Thing was such a great work of art. A myriad of different characters all developed and portrayed appropriately. A single day on a single block felt so epic yet so ordinary at the same damn time. Spike even ended it well (which is never a given with him).

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Scorcese and Clockers? I dunno. What does Scorcese know about nikkas and New Jersey? He certainly coulda done better than Spike Lee did.

Spike pretty much cut a quarter of the story out...then changed it to Brooklyn. He had questionable casting too. Delroy Lindo was fukking perfect. Harvey Kietel was cool...but everybody else was pretty much terrible or didnt fit their role at all.

I really like how Nick Gomez made New Jersey Drive...Really captured the setting. I would have loved if Clockers had that feel.

I think David Simon coulda done that shyt justice...He loved Clockers so much he hired Richard Price to be a writer on the Wire. Plus there were alot of scenes inspired from/directly taken from Clockers and put on The Wire...but I dont think Dave has done any movies...he prolly couldnt do it without stretching it out.

Brian DePalma would be an upgrade...he knows how to make long ass epics with great Cinematography that nikkas in the hood love. And he's from Jersey.

you do realize the screenplay was co-written by Richard Price?

and of course they took some of the story out, that always happens when books become films. The Godfather completely left out Vito's rise to power, left out main characters and breezed over everything that happened in Las Vegas. thats what happens with adaptations.

Aside from the move from Jersey to Brooklyn, the film captured the book really well. The characters and the way their relationships impacted on one another was spot on, and being that the book was less about the city and more about the characters i really didn't mind. The film and the book are two different pieces of work, if you dislike the film simply because it wasn't exactly like the book then you are really missing out on a great film.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
anyone ever wonder what norman jewison would've done with Malcolm X, or what scorsese would've done with Clockers?

*note these directors were attached to the films. I'm not throwing random shyt out

in essence, scorsese did do clockers. as the producer the end product had to ultimately be what he approved. I'm happy with how that flick turned out...great great movie and even better book

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap

some of your points could be made about anything

imagine if spike lee did the wire. it would have a different feel that some would argue is better...clockers, as it stands, was perfect imo. its a story that shined hard and benefitted from all the quirky spike-isms. the film i think was more emotional than the book because of how spike lee'd it was