Spike Lee gives Bernie Sanders yet another endorsement from the Black community

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
who said i didnt mention them? i think you need to read my post more clearly. did i not mention the companies that are running around not paying their fair share of taxes? Bernie is going after them TOO. read around this form. i posted it yesterday.

I can't trust someone thats in bed with the people who are a part of the issue. ok fine for arguments sake, lets say wall street/bankers, etc are not the MAIN problem(i never said they were). i said LOBBYING/Big money in politics is the problem. We end up in the same place with Hillary and the Clintons. they have been paid ridiculous amts of doe to just run their mouths. WHY? you know why.

Let me explain something to you. lets say, i..me rapbeats was given millions of dollars to speak in front of wall street and bankers. lets just assume that was the case. even me being down for the people and not budging on the bull...

The moment something comes up where i have to make a tight decision on doing the bankers/ wallstreet dirty with a policy change. I will hesitate to help the people. you know why? because in my understand of fairness, wallstreet gave me millions for little speeches. I some how some way feel like i owe them a little something somethin. even if it aint that much, i feel like i owe them something. and thats coming from Joe honest aka rapbeats. now we know thei clintons/hill are not Joe honest. lets keep it 1000. They will lie to do what they have to do as well. So, i know hill will do favors for those who paid her crazy money. its a fact of life.

When i vote for you. I"M YOUR CONSTITUENT ..>EFF ANYONE ELSE. i need you to do whats right BY Me for ME. Now there are times its in the best interest of even myself for you to help out the business sector, banks, etc. but the manner in which the money has been flowing for the past 20 years or so hasnt been a fair process. not even close. So WE THE PEOPLE cant keep running up behind the usual suspects expecting any change. and if we assume no change will occur regardless. we might as well not even discuss it and dont show up to the voting booth. thats also an option.
Bruh, the american banking system rungs the fukking world dumbass.

You can't just ignore them or pretend to not cater to their wants and interests.

You ignore the fact that very industry you probably work in has done just as much lobbying for their own values as well.

Not everything comes down to making you feel good about YOURself.

America is bigger than you, and yes, there are people more powerful and influential and frankly, more IMPORTANT than your maniacal rambling.

Hell, these "banks" are responsible for you even getting paid through loans, asset and debt restructuring, and even expansion capabilities.

Tailor your fukking arguments to include specificity and nuance or you'll forever be labeled like the out of touch rabid a$$hole that you're becoming. :ufdup:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh, the american banking system rungs the fukking world dumbass.

You can't just ignore them or pretend to not cater to their wants and interests.

You ignore the fact that very industry you probably work in has done just as much lobbying for their own values as well.

Not everything comes down to making you feel good about YOURself.

America is bigger than you, and yes, there are people more powerful and influential and frankly, more IMPORTANT than your maniacal rambling.

Hell, these "banks" are responsible for you even getting paid through loans, asset and debt restructuring, and even expansion capabilities.

So stay with the status quo you say. Thank you for your input kind sir. You dont have an argument. You have chosen a side. fine by me. stay out of these bernie threads. You chose your side. hang out with the side you chose. You're for the same ole same ole. you dont need to vote at all to be honest. let it ride like it usually does. lol.

and one more thing you're talking to the wrong one. I receive emails about how who i work for is lobbying congress. so you dont have a clue about what i know or dont know. and no i wont tell you WHO or what TYPE of company i work for.

I'm in the matrix still fighting the agents from within. You're acting like oh well this is just the way it is. Nah B. i aint going for that. i will fight that "thats just the way it is" until i leave this earth. win or lose.

and i got specific in other threads. pay attention. i noticed you've ran up on all of them so i know you've seen it. why do we keep talking about wallstreet/bankers, etc? because thats who she got paid the most by for running her yap.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

say what she gotta say to get elected. but i know who you are. thats the beauty of having hill run. we actually do know her. and quiet as kept we also know bernie. neither of these two are brand new. and we know one is known for lying and switching up while the other has stuck to his own script since his college days/hate him or love ihm.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So stay with the status quo you say. Thank you for your input kind sir. You dont have an argument. You have chosen a side. fine by me. stay out of these bernie threads. You chose your side. hang out with the side you chose. You're for the same ole same ole. you dont need to vote at all to be honest. let it ride like it usually does. lol.

and one more thing you're talking to the wrong one. I receive emails about how who i work for is lobbying congress. so you dont have a clue about what i know or dont know. and no i wont tell you WHO or what TYPE of company i work for.

I'm in the matrix still fighting the agents from within. You're acting like oh well this is just the way it is. Nah B. i aint going for that. i will fight that "thats just the way it is" until i leave this earth. win or lose.

and i got specific in other threads. pay attention. i noticed you've ran up on all of them so i know you've seen it. why do we keep talking about wallstreet/bankers, etc? because thats who she got paid the most by for running her yap.

New study: Vermont ships inmates to for-profit private prisons
KHYNNA KUPRIAN, Staff Writer
POSTED: 11/21/2013 01:00:00 AM EST

Vermont is currently one of four states that routinely sends its prisoners across state lines to be housed in private, for-profit institutions.

A new report on interstate prison transfers and the private prison industry has found that there are more than 10,500 state prisoners housed in facilities that are not in their state of residence.

Holly Kirby of Grassroots Leadership, a 33-year old national social justice organization, estimates in her report "Locked Up and Shipped Away" that a combined total of $320 million will be spent this year by California, Hawaii, Idaho and Vermont, to send their inmates between 450 and 3,000 miles from home.

Of the 2,121 Vermont inmates currently incarcerated, 503 are out of state.

"We don't know exactly how much profit they make," said Kirby, during a phone press conference held Wednesday. "These companies are multi-billion dollar companies. The specific profits from out of state prisoners we can't know, we just know what the states are spending on these contracts."

The Corrections Corporation of America was formed in 1983

Currently the facilities housing Vermont inmates, including the Lee Adjustment Center in Kentucky and the Florence Correctional Center in Arizona, are operated by the Correction Corporation of America, the oldest and largest private prison company in the United States.

"Transferring prisoners out of state does little to solve our mass incarceration problem," said Kirby, who noted that the practice is costly, unsustainable, and is hurting families.

"We need to work on keeping people in their communities," she said, by implementing sustainable reforms to decrease the number of prisoners overall.

California is currently under a court order to reduce their prison population. Inmates from the Golden State are sent to the Arizona facility, alongside Vermonters and those from Hawaii.

"Shipping people away, shipping them to in-state private prisons and building new jails, instead of reducing the population is [not working]," said Diana Zuniga, of Californians United for a Responsible Budget.

"California continues to tell prisoners they could be moved out of state at any moment, due to overcrowding," said Zuniga, citing a lack of sustainable and lasting reforms.

"The reliance on contracts with out of state and in-state private prison facilities is only a Band-Aid, given that CCA has plans to build more prisons in California," she said during the phone conference.

The report highlights the negative effect of transfers on prisoners and their loved ones and fail to offer necessary services, saying the practice "impedes prisoner rehabilitation by diminishing prisoners' ties to family and community, compromising rather than enhancing the public good."

While state officials have pointed to prison overcrowding and the expense of housing an inmate within Vermont, at approximately $56,000 per year compared with the less expensive option of transferring them for as little as $25,000 per year, the savings may not be a long-term one.

"Research shows that visiting, and communicating with friends and loved ones helps with the rate of recidivism," said Kat Brady, coordinator of the Community Alliance on Prisons in Hawaii.

"Of those arrested for nonviolent drug crimes, those who serve their sentence [away from home] are reconvicted at a higher rate for violent crimes when they come home," said Brady. "What else do we need to know?"

While it is clearly harder for Hawaiians to visit their loved ones than Vermonters, who can travel by land, the cost of time and transportation as well as the monetary expense of phone calls is, in many cases, prohibitive for families' ability to stay in contact.

Since 1972, there has been a 500 percent increase of incarcerations.

For the 25 percent of Vermont inmates currently incarcerated in the south, recent cuts have been made to healthcare services at those facilities, specifically in Kentucky, said Vermont State Rep. Suzi Wizowaty (D-Burlington).

"Instead of a criminal justice system that punishes crime, we want a criminal justice system that reduces crimes, and everybody wants the state to start using our tax dollars more effectively," said Wizowaty. "Public policy changes will do both of these things."

Wizowaty recommends increasing the use of alternatives to prison by utilizing and increasing community-based programs including referral and treatment options. "We need to end the war on drugs and realize it is a public health issue, like alcoholism, not a crime," said Wizowaty, who would like to see an end to the state's contract with CCA. "We need to change the rules of probation and parole, so we are not setting people up for failure."

Brady agreed, calling prison transfers a "banishment" to U.S. private prisons. "We need to end the war on drugs," she said. More than 1,700 inmates from Hawaii are currently at the Arizona facility.

In Vermont, a bill that would prohibit Vermont inmates from being sent to private prisons regardless of what state they are in has been introduced by Wizowaty two House sessions in a row.

"Whether or not it gets take up this time around will revolve around how successful we are in galvanizing the public around it," said Wizowaty.

Other suggestions include changing the regulations surrounding who is allowed to dispense controversial drugs such as methadone or buprenorphine.

Of private prisons, Brady cited ploys used to keep inmates within the system by denying them parole.

"Often, people are written up with informal grievances, which do not leave a paper trail," said Brady, listing common violations as ‘hindering,' and ‘failure to follow.' "[The prisons] like to do it right before that person has a video conference with the parole board," she said. "Then what happens is that person shows up on the video in shackles, which lends a very particular view of them. This keeps the money flowing and the beds warm."

Inmate overpopulation is a ‘crisis'

Although the inmate population in Vermont has been fairly level over the past few years, the detention population has been on the rise within the department over the last year, according to Cullen Bullard, the director of classification and facility designation for the state Department of Corrections.

That includes people who have been charged with a crime although not convicted, but are not able to post bail. "Bail doesn't decrease without a court hearing and the court making a determination," said Bullard. "So if somebody is held on a bail amount, it's that same amount until they go back to court again.

"I think the better model for all Vermont inmates and Vermont as a whole is to keep everybody in Vermont," said Bullard, who has worked for the department for over 21 years. "It allows a connection to be maintained with family, which increases the success rate of our inmates. But by pure numbers, that's not really an option," he said.

Although programs on substance abuse, education and career development, among others, may not be offered to out of state inmates, Bullard said prisoners are transported back to their home state in time to receive the treatments prior to release.

"The people being housed out of state -- in Vermont situations they are not missing out on available treatment," said Bullard, noting the programs contribute to helping people become successful citizens.

Using a standardized accreditment assessment tool, which reviews many factors of an inmate's history and future goals, Bullard said the department of corrections is able to recognize potential problems with education, career mobility and "soft skills," such as appropriate workplace behavior, which many need to be improved.

"For inmates that are in need of what we call ‘needs reducing programming,' we have switched to a more holistic model where we are addressing a variety of needs that a person may have, rather than the needs that are only part of their offense," he said.

Sentencing is unique in the Green Mountain State

Vermont differs from other states with their use of indeterminate sentencing, a system in which the court sentences are given in a ‘minimum to maximum' format, during which the department of corrections has the ability to hold you as long as they see fit within the given time frame.

"We really try to ensure that someone has appropriate housing," said Bullard, of one reason an inmate may be held longer than their minimum sentence. "We don't want people going out homeless."

"This is such a complicated problem," said Wizowaty of the issue. "We have 200 people in jail right now for lack of someplace to go. We may want to loosen the rules on what is acceptable housing for people who want to get out."

Many of the programs Vermont has in place to help drug offenders are located in Chittenden County, while other places around the state are left with fewer options.

"We can do a better job in trying to expand them around the state. We could do all of them, if we had the political will," said Wizowaty, who said she believes it is possible to reduce the out of state prison population to zero.

"Maybe not within a year, maybe it would take two years, or three," she said. "But for many people, incarceration at all is not productive."

"When people are failing and we send them back to jail for a year or when we send them to jail at all, where they take up a bed and don't get treatment, is counterproductive," she said.

"It's just a matter of understanding that recovery is a process."

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
say what she gotta say to get elected. but i know who you are. thats the beauty of having hill run. we actually do know her. and quiet as kept we also know bernie. neither of these two are brand new. and we know one is known for lying and switching up while the other has stuck to his own script since his college days/hate him or love ihm.
And Bernie won't?

For fukks sake man...you don't last as long as a senator without knowing how to do the same shyt Hillary is doing.

Bernie is only a radical because he's from fukking VERMONT.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
VT inmates complain about Michigan prison

MONTPELIER – Less than a month after Vermont’s out-of-state inmates were moved from a private prison in Kentucky to one in Michigan, prisoner complaints range from limited TV programming to unattended medical concerns.

The complaints, detailed in a letter from inmate Shaun Bryer to Gordon Bock, head of the prison advocacy group Vermont CURE, also include “no premium movie channel,” smaller cells, no windows, less recreational time and no privacy in the showers.

Bryer, a former school teacher, said he was responding to a request from Bock for comments and concerns from inmates. “Believe me, we have a lot of them,” he wrote.

The 280 Vermont inmates were moved at the end of June from a Kentucky prison to the North Lake Correctional Facility in Baldwin, Michigan, owned by the private prison firm, GEO Group Inc. (one of if not the worst operating in the country, they were found serving expired food to inmates)

Vermont officials said the move would save money and bring inmates somewhat closer to home. The state also ships some of its longer-term inmates to out-of-state prisons to ease overcrowding in in-state prisons.

Bock said other inmates relied on Bryer to write about their concerns. A former teacher in Morristown and Selectboard chairman in Morrisville, Bryer pleaded guilty in 2011 to 14 counts of sexually molesting young boys. He was given 12 years to serve in prison.

With the range of complaints, comes concern among advocates that the frivolous nature of some of them might detract from the more serious ones. Bock said it hurts the inmates’ cause when the complaints “go beyond the basic rights and needs to which they are legally and morally entitled and start talking about how they don’t have a wide choice of TV channels and don’t have instant easy access to an ice machine.”

Suzi Wizowaty, a former state lawmaker who heads Vermonters for Criminal Justice Reform, said she hopes inmates’ concerns would be taken seriously. Her group is working on system changes designed to reduce prison populations.

“We need to reduce the numbers and bring the guys back to Vermont,” she said.

Bryer’s mother, Cynthia Bryer, said the Vermont inmates were comparing the Michigan prison to Kentucky, where they had cable TV and could get more channels.

“They’re actually saying they miss Kentucky and I never thought I’d hear them say that,” she said in an interview.

The complaints outlined by Bryer included:

• A sick-call process that wasn’t set up when inmates arrived in Michigan at the beginning of July. “Some who submitted sick-call slips still hadn’t been seen a week later.”

• No privacy in the showers. Bryer wrote that the prison in Kentucky had installed curtains to comply with federal rules under the Prison Rape Elimination Act.

• “There are no windows anywhere.”

• “Currently, we’re only given one hour of outside recreation per day.”

Gary Dillon, facilities operations manager with the Vermont Department of Corrections, said the department has had staff in Michigan since early July, trying to address concerns raised by the move.

“When going from one facility to another, even in-state, there are differences in processes,” he said. “That doesn’t mean it’s wrong.”

Geo Group did not immediately response to an email Thursday.

VT inmates complain about Michigan prison

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Ad can be heard here.

"This is your dude, Spike Lee. And you know that I know that you know that the system is rigged! For too long we've given our votes to corporate puppets. Sold the okie doke. Ninety-nine percent of Americans were hurt by the Great Recession of 2008, and many are still recovering. That's why I am officially endorsing my brother, Bernie Sanders.

Bernie takes no money from corporations. Nada. Which means he's not on the tape, and when Bernie get's into the White House, he will do the right thing.

Enough talk. Time for action."

:myman:

Running list of figures in the Black community who have endorsed Bernie for president.

Lil' B!!!

Wait, do I really need to list any after that....okay:

Cornell West
Ta-Nehisi Coates
Michelle Alexander
Keith Ellison
Benjamin Jealous
Erica Garner (Eric Garner's daughter)
Shawn King
Saul Williams
Killer Mike
Big Boi
Tyler the Creator
Bun B
Scarface
Styles P ("shyt you ask me Bernie Sanders is blacker than Ben Carson.")
Fat Tony
David Banner
Charlamagne Tha God
Meshell Ndegeocello
Reggie Watts
Danny Glover
Zoe Kravitz
Malcolm D. Lee
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Michael Bennett
Wade Davis
Chad Johnson
Justin T. Bamberg (South Carolina State Rep. and lawyer for Walter Scott family)
Cezar McKnight (South Carolina State Rep.)
Joseph Neal (South Carolina State Rep.)
Wendell Gillard (South Carolina State Rep.)
Terry Alexander (South Carolina State Rep.)
Robert Williams (South Carolina State Rep.)
Gloria Tinubu (South Carolina State Rep.)
Bill Perkins (New York State Rep.)
James Sanders (New York State Rep.)
Vincent Ford (Georgia State Rep.)
LaDawn Jones (Georgia State Rep.)
Nina Turner (Ohio State Rep.)
Keelan Sanders (director of Mississippi Democratic Party)

I know there's more I missed - hit me up with their names

:salute:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
KHYNNA KUPRIAN, Staff Writer
POSTED: 11/21/2013 01:00:00 AM EST

Vermont is currently one of four states that routinely sends its prisoners across state lines to be housed in private, for-profit institutions.

There's no way that you're too ignorant to know that Bernie was a Senator in the FEDERAL government, not the Vermont STATE government, is there? :beli:

Bernie is massively opposed to the privatized prison system, but he has no control over the Vermont state government policy.

You better check yourself or you're catching a neg. :ufdup:

Running with Cruz/Clinton-style misinformation tactics here. :martin:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism

Some people are just shills and sheep man. Like I said, they will come in these threads and troll hard.