Spider-Man (Official Thread)

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Played the mission where you chase the shocker...after like 10 min i was like "how long this shyt last" :gucci:...didn't realize you had to press triangle to initiate the cutscenes :mjlol:

Did one of those oscorp lab things and of course it was the one where I was swinging through the gas:yeahok:

Then I had to take pictures of two cars:dahellwhat:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Arkham Asylum is a 91 on Metacritic
Arkham City is a 96
Arkham Knight is a 87

Spider-Man is a 87

My bad, not sure what reviews I was looking at, but lets not act like those scores are wildly different with the exception of the first game.

So far I'd say the story, combat, the traversal and the world are all superior in this. I'm not sure what the Batman games did better.

RNS

My Own Lane
Supporter
Daps
You know i'm surgical wit this bytch Jake...lol

giphy.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
and?
Higher/lower scores within 4~5 points mean diddly squat. It ain't like this has a 78 and Batman a 91.

How many people would say Horizon Zero Dawn is better than UC4 meanwhile UC4 has a higher score?

This game(Spider-Man) is more FUN to me than frigging BOTW and that game has a 97. Once games are in the 87+ and up range it's all opinions and shyt. Arkham Knight having an 87 means nothing as that game wasn't that great from what I played compared to the first two. It's 3AM and I just got off. I haven't done that with a game in quite some time.

Either way, it's great to have another AAA superhero game even worth talking about. It was getting annoying. I'm already ready for DLC and I'm not even done with the game.
This being better that Breath of the Wild is a tough sell. It's good but Zelda is gonna be one of those generation defining games. Playing BOTW I spend many of this 60+ hours just roaming the world exploring. In many respects BOTW redefined what a good Zelda game could be. Hell it redefined what an open world game could be.

Many games are fun but you seem to be comparing a good game to a great one. Even with Arkham the game changed everything and redefined superhero games. This Spider-Man game doesn't have that level of impact.

As for Uncharted 4. I guess I own myself to finish it one day but about half way through I just got bored with it and dropped it. It was at the part with Sully and the jeep driving around. Hell I like Spider-Man better than Uncharted 4 and Horizon better than both.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
It's good but Zelda is gonna be one of those generation defining games. Playing BOTW I spend many of this 60+ hours just roaming the world exploring. In many respects BOTW redefined what a good Zelda game could be. Hell it redefined what an open world game could be.

Dude it's zelda, not the next step in game evolution....:hhh: shyt was lackluster, good at the most... Graphics wise its fukking trash, cel shaded animation was a poor design choice, everyone trying to move TOWARDS the uncanny valley, nintendo stay doing the same shyt over and over... How can you stan a game that doesnt progress??? nintendo's hardware is crap and is always a step behind the other majors because they feed whatever they want to the fanboys like you and you love it...:scust:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The second shocker fight was dope.

This game could have been a 10/10 but they need to re-do the whole open world design imo.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
I’m not feeling this could never get the swinging down
God of war spoiled me
Game is mid

Gonna brush up on my backlog til red dead drop

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Repetitive? What game are y'all playing?? The missions aren't repetitive. If you talking some crimes and side stuff then yeah but the game is FUN to play. That's what it boils down to. it's FUN.
Yeah, you're still high off that new exclusive hype.

The game is fun but I'm literally doing repeat missions with the research facilities I've just unlocked :pachaha:

There are only 6 types of thug crimes to stop (drug deals, B&Es, store robberies, muggings, car chases, and rescuing civilians) and there are 5 tokens to collect for each part of the city...you're going to be doing these multiple times.

It's just the curse of an "open world" game, you're going to eventually be doing the same things over and over again.

Still a good game, but we're gonna call a spade a spade.