Spider-Man (Official Thread)

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
This game is great and definitely one of the best of the year, but those of you that say the combat is better than Arkham are bugging.

In Arkham, you can use all your gadgets in combat without bringing up the weapon wheel, that alone gives it the edge over Spider-Man imo. My combat rhythm in this always gets broken any time I want to change my gadgets. Every gadget should have a dedicated button or button combination, and it’s kinda crazy to me that the basic web shooter doesn’t have its own dedicated button like the batarang does in Arkham. Additionally, I think the predator gameplay in Arkham is more polished than Spider-Man’s stealth.

That being said, none of this takes away from how great the combat is in this game.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Apart from the first few main missions I've just been swinging around and grabbing the back packs... Really digging this... This game is what made me enjoy gaming.

I went on a hiatus after Uncharted 4 and than came back to it with GOW 4 while a great game that is, this for a lack of a better word is just sit back and have fun.

I agree brought me back to what made me love gaming just fun.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This game is great and definitely one of the best of the year, but those of you that say the combat is better than Arkham are bugging.

In Arkham, you can use all your gadgets in combat without bringing up the weapon wheel, that alone gives it the edge over Spider-Man imo. My combat rhythm in this always gets broken any time I want to change my gadgets. Every gadget should have a dedicated button or button combination, and it’s kinda crazy to me that the basic web shooter doesn’t have its own dedicated button like the batarang does in Arkham. Additionally, I think the predator gameplay in Arkham is more polished than Spider-Man’s stealth.

That being said, none of this takes away from how great the combat is in this game.
Who said this was better than Batman??:gucci:

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps

You can switch back and fourth between gadgets by tapping L1 instead of opening up the whole wheel but I know in Arkham Knight you couldn't access all your gadgets without bringing them either unless I'm remembering wrong.

I like the combat waaaay more than Arkham as it can actually be punishing where as Arkham is more like a rythm game and everything is more automatic and much easier with the counter button . Its hard to even get touched in arkham on the highest difficulty.

Spidey is like a littlel Arkham + Devil May Cry lite.

The stealth stuff is much more inspired by the Arkham games than the combat imo. Arkham's stealth has more depth to it but I'm glad that this isn't too heavy on stealth.

SalamiAttack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Ancient City of Brooklyn
5SMUzoO.jpg

STAND UP FOR FREEDOM, TODAY!!!

9/11/18

NEVER FORGET

:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
oh, that helicopter chase bit...fire. in the times i've played it, i haven't even done much of the main story yet.

i've been enjoying just swinging around collecting backpacks and enjoying getting the landmarks.
i like that Rand Industries or whatever its called and Jessica Jones PI agency is included in it.

also, nice that Miles makes an appearance in it.

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
So you gonna share or what?
My fault I thought I did.

First you get the skill that lets you do air tricks then you run up the side of the Empire state buidling you may have to do it a few time till the game glitches and you get stuck near the top . You will be in a permanent free fall hold triangle and Circle you will spin and get XP its a slow process. When I first got stuck I just watched an episode of Iron first while holding Triangle and circle.

Before bed I got stuck again taped down the controller and went from 41 to 50 when I woke up.