Spider-Man Miles Morales to support 4K/60fps on PS5

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh I already know but I’m saying that should be left behind

I feel like you have to play the exact same game with the exact same graphics or better, with one at 30 fps and one at 60 fps to tell the difference. Last of Us Remastered was literally the eye opener for me. More responsive and and obviously looks smoother. shyt even playing through TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima rn, I notice the 30 like :snoop:

Also, too many ppl just don't care about it on consoles :yeshrug: if enough ppl cared, 30 fps would die

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dude I've seen you post ESSAY's responding to multiple people on Saturday AND Sunday mornings don't act all high and mighty now:russ:

This is what objective-reasoning and non-biased discussion looks like:wow:
I didn't expect you to type all that and I was on the phone with someone. I'm ready now. I will pierce through your post like I pierce through shields in Smash Ultimate:lolbron::

You just mentioned in here how we should wait for them to clarify what they mean by “40k / 60fps”. Sony’s marketing has always been strong and concise, so why is stuff like this so ambiguous and easy to misunderstand for the average consumer?
Why is this a point of contention? Plenty of things said by devs/PR spokesmen can be misunderstood/misinterpreted. As if the average consumer is suddenly well versed in technology and will be basing their purchase of the PS5 on technical minutae?

I mean just the other day you seriously acted like Far Cry 6's Ubisoft Twitter account saying this was clear cut:

n8gfnv1llfb51.png

You acted as if FC6 would run at 4K on CURRENT gen Xbox one X and Series X but suddenly for PS5 it will not despite the PS5 being obviously similar in specs to a Series X and a generation ahead of the Xbox One X.

Later on they clarified the tweet was for Xbox consoles and not any other consoles. They had to "clarify" just as I'm saying Insomniac should clarify for this.

When I said it's stupid to think Xbox One X(2017 console) to run the game at 4K but a next gen console that's several times more powerful will not, you acted like you was confused and just started to rabble rouse :skip:

I'm not saying the PS5 isn't capable of achieving these things, but at lot of their marketing is coyly dancing around the XSX overall power advantage. For example, they've stated PS5 can do ray-tracing but they aren't emphasizing it as a talking point because it's done the same way the XSX does but with more limitations due to their GPU discrepancy. Obviously Ray-tracing is a huge buzzword right now so if Sony knew they could compete or had an advantage, we'd definitely know about it. PS5 will most likely load faster, and the power/graphics discrepancy wont be a huge difference early, but it'll reveal itself later in the gen as devs start pushing the tech as far as it can go.
There's nothing to emphasize because ray-tracing is on the developers.
The concern at first was about this stupid "RDNA 1/2" which was confirmed afterwards. People kept looking for anything to sort of confirm their suspicion that the PS5 can't do this or that when the thing they're looking for is not beholden for Sony to announce for games made by different developers. Sony isn't even "dancing coyly" about this, it says Ray tracing directly on the front page of the PS5 site in big clear text, not hidden somewhere behind a link.

aMiBcLZ.png

:dahell:
You can even watch DF's video that showcases RT in the games shown.

Sony was very clear about PS4 Pro too several years ago not being native 4K and spoke about checkerboard rendering(remember those days?) I remember Mark Cerny saying this clearly in his presentation.

It's quite obvious why MSFT is boasting about power and talking up BC and other things:they're not the market leader so they gotta pound their chest. Sony isn't trying to play catch up.

Spiderman MM apparently can do 4k OR (?) 60FPS in "performance mode" (which will likely remove a lot of said ray-tracing) while MS has stated that their Standard for new games going forward will be 4k/60FPS (although 3rd party multi-plat devs aren't necessarily held to that) and have shown actual ray tracing demos with Minecraft and even had the Gears 5 XSX demo that was whipped up in a couple weeks showing the game with ultra PC graphics at 60FPS easy. Coalition mentioned they were even aiming for 120 FPS for multiplayer, so obviously 40k/60fps isn't outside of the ream of possibility when devs are already pushing it early
That's good for MSFT. They want their 1st party games to offer 4K/60fps, that's on them. There's plenty of 4K/60fps games on the PS5 but the noise around the few 30fps games shown in a stream to which more information would be posted later drowns out any logic that tries to say wait for more details. Do we know the resolution/framerate of Hellblade 2? The Medium? You think Gears 5 or Halo will be 4K/120fps with Ray tracing in MP? They'll most likely have the resolution lowered or be dynamic. I can tell you now it won't be native 4K/120fps with ray tracing.

GT7 already is running at 4k/60fps with ray tracing.

Since its inception Gran Turismo has always pushed the envelope for each new console. With the reveal of Gran Turismo 7 at Sony's recent PlayStation 5 event then, we have an exclusive that appears to live up to that reputation: both 4K resolution and 60fps are on display in the trailer, alongside taxing ray traced reflections.
The road to Gran Turismo 7 - the evolution of Trial Mountain
Practically every game shown for the PS5 featured ray tracing. You basically are saying why isn't Sony making tweets and public blog posts about ray tracing. Their marketing doesn't have to mirror what MSFT is doing.

As for BC:

Sony backwards compatibility:

In his presentation, Mark Cerny provided a snapshot into the Top 100 most-played PS4 titles, demonstrating how well our backward compatibility efforts are going.

"We have already tested hundreds of titles and are preparing to test thousands more as we move toward launch. We will provide updates on backward compatibility, along with much more PS5 news, in the months ahead."

"We’re focusing on PS4 compatibility so that users can transfer their PS4 library to the new console. There is nothing we can say about backward compatibility with original PS1, PS2, and PS3 games."
I knew you were going to say this.

First off, Mark Cerny when speaking was talking about PS4 games that would run at boost mode on the PS5. Like typical internet fashion, a bunch of people quickly took this to mean only 100 PS4 games will be BC on PS5. They clarified that the overwhelming majority of games will run on PS5 when it releases.

As to MS:

MS:

" Backwards compatible games run natively on the Xbox Series X hardware, running with the full power of the CPU, GPU and the SSD. No boost mode, no downclocking, the full power of the Xbox Series X for each and every backward compatible game. This means that all titles run at the peak performance that they were originally designed for, many times even higher performance than the games saw on their original launch platform, resulting in higher and more steady framerates and rendering at their maximum resolution and visual quality. Backwards compatible titles also see significant reductions in in-game load times from the massive leap in performance from our custom NVME SSD which powers the Xbox Velocity Architecture.

"In partnership with the Xbox Advanced Technology Group, Xbox Series X delivers a new, innovative HDR reconstruction technique which enables the platform to automatically add HDR support to games. As this technique is handled by the platform itself, it allows us to enable HDR with zero impact to the game’s performance and we can also apply it to Xbox 360 and original Xbox titles developed almost 20 years ago, well before the existence of HDR.

In addition, the new Quick Resume feature was designed to not only work with new games, but it can also be enabled for backward-compatible titles. Quick Resume enables players to resume exactly where they left off, across multiple titles, ensuring gamers can get right back to the fun in an instant.

All of these advances happen at the platform level and require no additional work from title developers.
Again, that's great for MSFT. MSFT doesn't have to do what Sony does and vice versa BUT to make a point clear, they had to clarify things themselves:

The blog post above was most likely updated after they clarified this online.

Personally, I could care less about backwards compatibility beyond the PS4/X1 era, but anyone can see that Microsoft has been much more clear about what XSX backwards compatibility can do vs PS5's "idea" of backwards compatibility, which isn't even as capable as XSX in theory. Best case scenario you're getting 95% of your PS4 games (rolled out over time) with faster load times (which is good enough for most let's keep it real:ehh:) and maybe some PS3 games? XBox is much more straightforward. What you have now is gonna work on the new shyt and run better it's that simple:yeshrug:. A lot of their marketing has just been a lot more clear and upfront about exactly what the console can do than Sony throughout this whole process. I don't know how people will nitpick the fukk out of XSX but just totally overlook that somehow.
Well clearly their marketing wasn't as clear since they had to make updates which was a big topic when this was announced:
MS and Sony update/clarify BC status for next-gen consoles
PS5's "idea" of BC is clear as day on the site. This is the disingenuity I speak about I see on here. When things are corrected or put forth online, y'all sometimes ignore it or just distract from the convo to say something else that has nothing to do with the original discussion. PS5's BC was clearly updated, same as MSFT did but people wanted to feign ignorance.
UPDATE: A quick update on backward compatibility – With all of the amazing games in PS4’s catalog, we’ve devoted significant efforts to enable our fans to play their favorites on PS5. We believe that the overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 titles will be playable on PS5.
The PS5 BC in that blog post clearly states what it will do and not this "just faster load times" point you're making:

We’re expecting backward compatible titles will run at a boosted frequency on PS5 so that they can benefit from higher or more stable frame rates and potentially higher resolutions. We’re currently evaluating games on a title-by-title basis to spot any issues that need adjustment from the original software developers.

In his presentation, Mark Cerny provided a snapshot into the Top 100 most-played PS4 titles, demonstrating how well our backward compatibility efforts are going. We have already tested hundreds of titles and are preparing to test thousands more as we move toward launch. We will provide updates on backward compatibility, along with much more PS5 news, in the months ahead. Stay tuned!
The "top 100" games were the PS5 games that would be enhanced so to speak, similar to the Xbox Series X enhanced games for Xbox. People nitpick Xbox over games. New games at that. The same way you say people are "nitpicking" Xbox is the same way I see incessant nitpicking and psuedo concern over anything Sony announces. First Spider-man Miles Morales was a mere remaster/expansion pack but then Insomniac says it's a full fledged PS5 game. Then it was "Oh but it's 30fps lol" and now they announce 60fps and what happens? "Lol it's faux K probably".

Edit: This video by DF is a good watch.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I didn't expect you to type all that and I was on the phone with someone. I'm ready now. I will pierce through your post like I pierce through shields in Smash Ultimate:

Why is this a point of contention? Plenty of things said by devs/PR management can be misunderstood. I mean just the other day you seriously acted like Far Cry 6's Ubisoft Twitter account saying this:

n8gfnv1llfb51.png

later on they clarified it was only speaking for Xbox consoles and not other consoles. They had to "clarify" just as I'm saying Insomniac should clarify for this.

When I said it's stupid to think Xbox One X(2017 console) to run the game at 4K but a next gen console that's several times more powerful will not, you acted like you was confused lol

There's nothing to emphasize because ray-tracing is on the developer. The concern at first was about this stupid "RDNA 1/2" which was confirmed afterwards. People kept looking for anything to sort of confirm their suspicion that the PS5 can't do this or that when the thing they're looking for is not beholden for Sony to announce for games made by different developers. Sony isn't even "dancing coyly" about this, it says Ray tracing directly on the front page of the PS5 site in big clear text.

aMiBcLZ.png

:dahell:

That's good for MSFT. They want their 1st party games to offer 4K/60fps, that's on them. There's plenty of 4K/60fps games on the PS5 but the noise around the few 30fps games shown in a stream to which more information would be posted later drowns out any logic that tries to say wait for more details. Do we know the resolution/framerate of Hellblade 2? The Medium?
GT7 already is running at 4k/60fps with ray tracing.
The road to Gran Turismo 7 - the evolution of Trial Mountain
Practically every game shown for the PS5 featured ray tracing. You basically are saying why isn't Sony making tweets and public blog posts about ray tracing. Their marketing doesn't have to mirror what MSFT is doing.

I knew you were going to say this.

First off, Mark Cerny when speaking was talking about PS4 games that would run at boost mode on the PS5. Like typical internet fashion, a bunch of people quickly took this to mean only 100 PS4 games will be BC on PS5. They clarified that the overwhelming majority of games will run on PS5 when it releases.

As to MS:

Again, that's great for MSFT. MSFT doesn't have to do what Sony does and vice versa BUT to make a point clear, they had to clarify things themselves:

The blog post above was most likely updated after they clarified this online.

Well clearly their marketing wasn't as clear since they had to make updates which was a big topic when this was announced:
MS and Sony update/clarify BC status for next-gen consoles
PS5's "idea" of BC is clear as day on the site. This is the disingenuity I speak about I see on here. When things are corrected or put forth online, y'all sometimes ignore it or just distract from the convo to say something else that has nothing to do with the original discussion. PS5's BC was clearly updated, same as MSFT did but people wanted to feign ignorance.

The PS5 BC in that blog post clearly states what it will do and not this "just faster load times" point you're making:

The "top 100" games were the PS5 games that would be enhanced so to speak, similar to the Xbox Series X enhanced games for Xbox.

:wow:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
It says optional. I wonder if they'll downscale the graphics to achieve that? If that is the case, I'd rather play at upscaled 4k with 60fps.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Spiderman MM apparently can do 4k OR (?) 60FPS in "performance mode" (which will likely remove a lot of said ray-tracing) while MS has stated that their Standard for new games going forward will be 4k/60FPS (although 3rd party multi-plat devs aren't necessarily held to that) and have shown actual ray tracing demos with Minecraft and even had the Gears 5 XSX demo that was whipped up in a couple weeks showing the game with ultra PC graphics at 60FPS easy. Coalition mentioned they were even aiming for 120 FPS for multiplayer, so obviously 40k/60fps isn't outside of the ream of possibility when devs are already pushing it early

They're going to go with reconstruction to achieve 4k and hold 60fps like they did on the pro (referring to the resolution and their use of temporal injection). It's going to remove rt because you're not going to see any games running at native 4k+60fps+rtrt anywhere. These consoles don't have that kind of power.

Wrt MS' standard: This is just PR. They're going to say "this is our standard, but devs are free to do what they want to achieve their vision." The most impressive thing they showed off so far is that HellBlade 2 in-engine video and it was 24fps /w black borders (3840x1608 sub-native) on an empty environment. The Minecraft DXR demo also ran at 1080p and 30-35fps.