Spider-Man Miles Morales to support 4K/60fps on PS5

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Not for every game lol but I didn't think press releases of a game hitting 4k60fps was gonna be a big thing you know?

after seeing how many pc games don't even hit that shyt, I pumped the breaks.

If the toll on the visual fidelity is too much to hit 4k60, then I don't want something compromised either.

depends on the game. Most of the games hitting 4k60 don't really have a ton of shyt going on in them either and that's why they're able to.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
lmao at nikkaz believing X box games are gonna run at 4k 120fps lmao

they can't even afford a 4k TV that can do 120hz or a gaming monitor that can do 4k hdr let alone 4k hdr at 120hz

They should just stick to checker boarding, with HDR enabled you can't noticed the difference between checker boarding and native 4k even on PC, games are only going to get better graphically so consistently having games in 4k period will be a probably for consoles

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh:

I'm confused, what is this suppose to prove? Having the option to turn on 60 fps is a good thing, it would be crazy if the ps5 couldn't hit 60fps. Now 60 fps true 4k along with other stuff I believe it's still gonna struggle with if it's able to do it at all. I expect the PS5 pro to handle that nicely though:unimpressed:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Do some of you really believe there's this huge gap in power between the PS5 and XSX where one can run games at native 4k @ 60fps + all the bells and whistles including rtrt and the other one cannot? I mean, the XSX has a compute advantage that is going to lead to some better performance, but it is nowhere near that wide.

What Insomniac is likely going to do here is:

Performance mode: Reconstructed 4k @ 60fps same visual fidelity w/o any rt
Visual mode: Native 4k @ 30fps same or higher visual fidelity /w rt

What do some of you believe is going to happen next-gen? This is open to everyone posting if they want to answer.

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
What asterisk ass specs and BC details?

You just mentioned in here how we should wait for them to clarify what they mean by “40k / 60fps”. Sony’s marketing has always been strong and concise, so why is stuff like this so ambiguous and easy to misunderstand for the average consumer?

I'm not saying the PS5 isn't capable of achieving these things, but at lot of their marketing is coyly dancing around the XSX overall power advantage. For example, they've stated PS5 can do ray-tracing but they aren't emphasizing it as a talking point because it's done the same way the XSX does but with more limitations due to their GPU discrepancy. Obviously Ray-tracing is a huge buzzword right now so if Sony knew they could compete or had an advantage, we'd definitely know about it. PS5 will most likely load faster, and the power/graphics discrepancy wont be a huge difference early, but it'll reveal itself later in the gen as devs start pushing the tech as far as it can go.

Spiderman MM apparently can do 4k OR (?) 60FPS in "performance mode" (which will likely remove a lot of said ray-tracing) while MS has stated that their Standard for new games going forward will be 4k/60FPS (although 3rd party multi-plat devs aren't necessarily held to that) and have shown actual ray tracing demos with Minecraft and even had the Gears 5 XSX demo that was whipped up in a couple weeks showing the game with ultra PC graphics at 60FPS easy. Coalition mentioned they were even aiming for 120 FPS for multiplayer, so obviously 40k/60fps isn't outside of the ream of possibility when devs are already pushing it early

As for BC:

Sony backwards compatibility:

In his presentation, Mark Cerny provided a snapshot into the Top 100 most-played PS4 titles, demonstrating how well our backward compatibility efforts are going.

"We have already tested hundreds of titles and are preparing to test thousands more as we move toward launch. We will provide updates on backward compatibility, along with much more PS5 news, in the months ahead."

"We’re focusing on PS4 compatibility so that users can transfer their PS4 library to the new console. There is nothing we can say about backward compatibility with original PS1, PS2, and PS3 games."

MS:

" Backwards compatible games run natively on the Xbox Series X hardware, running with the full power of the CPU, GPU and the SSD. No boost mode, no downclocking, the full power of the Xbox Series X for each and every backward compatible game. This means that all titles run at the peak performance that they were originally designed for, many times even higher performance than the games saw on their original launch platform, resulting in higher and more steady framerates and rendering at their maximum resolution and visual quality. Backwards compatible titles also see significant reductions in in-game load times from the massive leap in performance from our custom NVME SSD which powers the Xbox Velocity Architecture.

"In partnership with the Xbox Advanced Technology Group, Xbox Series X delivers a new, innovative HDR reconstruction technique which enables the platform to automatically add HDR support to games. As this technique is handled by the platform itself, it allows us to enable HDR with zero impact to the game’s performance and we can also apply it to Xbox 360 and original Xbox titles developed almost 20 years ago, well before the existence of HDR.

In addition, the new Quick Resume feature was designed to not only work with new games, but it can also be enabled for backward-compatible titles. Quick Resume enables players to resume exactly where they left off, across multiple titles, ensuring gamers can get right back to the fun in an instant.

All of these advances happen at the platform level and require no additional work from title developers.

Personally, I could care less about backwards compatibility beyond the PS4/X1 era, but anyone can see that Microsoft has been much more clear about what XSX backwards compatibility can do vs PS5's "idea" of backwards compatibility, which isn't even as capable as XSX in theory. Best case scenario you're getting 95% of your PS4 games (rolled out over time) with faster load times (which is good enough for most let's keep it real:ehh:) and maybe some PS3 games? XBox is much more straightforward. What you have now is gonna work on the new shyt and run better it's that simple:yeshrug:. A lot of their marketing has just been a lot more clear and upfront about exactly what the console can do than Sony throughout this whole process. I don't know how people will nitpick the fukk out of XSX but just totally overlook that somehow.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You just mentioned in here how we should wait for them to clarify what they mean by “40k / 60fps”. Sony’s marketing has always been strong and concise, so why is stuff like this so ambiguous and easy to misunderstand for the average consumer?

I'm not saying the PS5 isn't capable of achieving these things, but at lot of their marketing is coyly dancing around the XSX overall power advantage. For example, they've stated PS5 can do ray-tracing but they aren't emphasizing it as a talking point because it's done the same way the XSX does but with more limitations due to their GPU discrepancy. Obviously Ray-tracing is a huge buzzword right now so if Sony knew they could compete or had an advantage, we'd definitely know about it. PS5 will most likely load faster, and the power/graphics discrepancy wont be a huge difference early, but it'll reveal itself later in the gen as devs start pushing the tech as far as it can go.

Spiderman MM apparently can do 4k OR (?) 60FPS in "performance mode" (which will likely remove a lot of said ray-tracing) while MS has stated that their Standard for new games going forward will be 4k/60FPS (although 3rd party multi-plat devs aren't necessarily held to that) and have shown ray tracing demos with Minecraft and even had the Gears 5 XSX demo that was whipped up in a couple weeks showing the game with ultra PC graphics at 60FPS. Coalition mentioned they were even aiming for 120 FPS for multiplayer, so obviously 40k/60fps isn't outside of the ream of possibility when devs are already pushing it early

As for BC:

In his presentation, Mark Cerny provided a snapshot into the Top 100 most-played PS4 titles, demonstrating how well our backward compatibility efforts are going.

"We have already tested hundreds of titles and are preparing to test thousands more as we move toward launch. We will provide updates on backward compatibility, along with much more PS5 news, in the months ahead."

"We’re focusing on PS4 compatibility so that users can transfer their PS4 library to the new console. There is nothing we can say about backward compatibility with original PS1, PS2, and PS3 games."

MS:

" Backwards compatible games run natively on the Xbox Series X hardware, running with the full power of the CPU, GPU and the SSD. No boost mode, no downclocking, the full power of the Xbox Series X for each and every backward compatible game. This means that all titles run at the peak performance that they were originally designed for, many times even higher performance than the games saw on their original launch platform, resulting in higher and more steady framerates and rendering at their maximum resolution and visual quality. Backwards compatible titles also see significant reductions in in-game load times from the massive leap in performance from our custom NVME SSD which powers the Xbox Velocity Architecture.

"In partnership with the Xbox Advanced Technology Group, Xbox Series X delivers a new, innovative HDR reconstruction technique which enables the platform to automatically add HDR support to games. As this technique is handled by the platform itself, it allows us to enable HDR with zero impact to the game’s performance and we can also apply it to Xbox 360 and original Xbox titles developed almost 20 years ago, well before the existence of HDR.

In addition, the new Quick Resume feature was designed to not only work with new games, but it can also be enabled for backward-compatible titles. Quick Resume enables players to resume exactly where they left off, across multiple titles, ensuring gamers can get right back to the fun in an instant.

All of these advances happen at the platform level and require no additional work from title developers.

Personally, I could care less about backwards compatibility beyond the PS4/X1 era, but anyone can see that Microsoft has been much more clear about what XSX backwards compatibility can do vs PS5's "idea" of backwards compatibility, which isn't even as capable as XSX in theory. Best case scenario you're getting 95% of your PS4 games (rolled out over time) with faster load times (which is good enough for most let's keep it real:ehh:) and maybe some PS3 games? XBox is much more straightforward. What you have now is gonna work on the new shyt and run better it's that simple:yeshrug:. A lot of their marketing has just been a lot more clear and upfront about exactly what the console can do than Sony throughout this whole process. I don't know how people will nitpick the fukk out of XSX but just totally overlook that somehow.
wall_of_text_1664.gif

:mjlol:

I'll get back to this.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Spiderman MM apparently can do 4k OR (?) 60FPS in "performance mode" (which will likely remove a lot of said ray-tracing) while MS has stated that their Standard for new games going forward will be 4k/60FPS (although 3rd party multi-plat devs aren't necessarily held to that) and have shown actual ray tracing demos with Minecraft and even had the Gears 5 XSX demo that was whipped up in a couple weeks showing the game with ultra PC graphics at 60FPS easy. Coalition mentioned they were even aiming for 120 FPS for multiplayer, so obviously 40k/60fps isn't outside of the ream of possibility when devs are already pushing it early

As for BC:

MS:

The way I see it at this point, after Thursday, it's probably on Sony to quit talking around shyt and put out the facts consumers need to make an informed decision. I'm in already on games alone, but I can say the drip feed of info is getting old.

MS is treating this gen more like PC, and it shows in all the specs and performance they throw out. If I couldn't play all/most of their games without an Xbox, I'd be interested

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like they should’ve waited another year :yeshrug:

We should never see 30 FPS ever again on the the ps5.