Spectre: Bond 24 Official Thread

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Is Cam out for this yet? There's no way I'm paying to watch another Sam Mendes borefest.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
The Mrs. drug me out after brunch to see this, and it was not that bad. It was just 20 minutes too long. It was a stereotypical bond movie. He seduced women for information, he had a cool car, was always in some exotic location, flew helicopters, had conversations with the super villain, etc.

Moneypenny was looking right too. :whew:
I peeped what she had in her bed though. :mjpls:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Maybe because of how great I thought Skyfall was lead me to be massively disappointed by this movie. It's the worst in the Daniel Craig era. It was so boring and the cinematography which was so incredible in Skyfall was lacking here. No real conflict either. I was done with this movie really early. Waltz really put no fear into me like Bardem did, especially considering He was the one they all worked for.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Maybe because of how great I thought Skyfall was lead me to be massively disappointed by this movie. It's the worst in the Daniel Craig era. It was so boring and the cinematography which was so incredible in Skyfall was lacking here. No real conflict either. I was done with this movie really early. Waltz really put no fear into me like Bardem did, especially considering He was the one they all worked for.
I thought the cinematog was good, but it was no Deakins. Skyfall has bar none the best cinematog of any bond movie ever. I swear when spectre (edit:typed skyfall meant spectre) was first announced they had Roger Deakins listed for DP and then when I went to see it I checked imdb and it was a different dude. Sadly, the highlight cinematography wise in spectre was the beginning, the day of the dead shyt and the scene in the helicopter. The helicopter scene was shot really really well.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I thought the cinematog was good, but it was no Deakins. Skyfall has bar none the best cinematog of any bond movie ever. I swear when spectre (edit:typed skyfall meant spectre) was first announced they had Roger Deakins listed for DP and then when I went to see it I checked imdb and it was a different dude. Sadly, the highlight cinematography wise in spectre was the beginning, the day of the dead shyt and the scene in the helicopter. The helicopter scene was shot really really well.
The helicopter scene was really it

I sorta liked the train fight scene as well.

The movie was just really dry and boring. Too much traveling too.

The topic was interesting though.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The helicopter scene was really it

I sorta liked the train fight scene as well.

The movie was just really dry and boring. Too much traveling too.

The topic was interesting though.
I still enjoyed it, way more than quantum but I was really looking forward to roger deakins cinematog piffery :mjcry:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Saw it yesterday, felt let down. Opening scene was good tho
The drums that band were playing weaving into the james bond music was pure piffery. I do think its a pretty huge mistake to put such an awesome scene at the very beginning with no more crazy epic set pieces to follow, I mean there were more cool moments but the opening of the film was the best part. And yes I realize most of these Craig films open up with a really cool scene, but there is also usually an equally cool scene towards the middle-end part of the film.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I still enjoyed it, way more than quantum but I was really looking forward to roger deakins cinematog piffery :mjcry:

The opening two acts of Quantum is better than Skyfall and Spectre, imo.

The writer's strike really destroyed that movie, but I really like the foundation. And the scaffolding fight is my favorite set piece in any Craig Bond film.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The opening two acts of Quantum is better than Skyfall and Spectre, imo.

The writer's strike really destroyed that movie, but I really like the foundation. And the scaffolding fight is my favorite set piece in any Craig Bond film.
Honestly I need to revisit it, I had a terrible experience watching Quantum in theaters.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
The drums that band were playing weaving into the james bond music was pure piffery. I do think its a pretty huge mistake to put such an awesome scene at the very beginning with no more crazy epic set pieces to follow, I mean there were more cool moments but the opening of the film was the best part. And yes I realize most of these Craig films open up with a really cool scene, but there is also usually an equally cool scene towards the middle-end part of the film.

The awesome cold open is a Bond franchise staple.