'Speak No Evil' (Remake of the 2022 Danish Film) | James McAvoy, Mackenzie Davis | Official Trailer [9/13]

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
LOL never felt so uncomfortable and awkward in a movie for a while.

McAvoy was good as the lunatic villain, but this movie is an example of what can happen when you don't nip things in the bud the first time someone crosses the line.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This was fun, but it feel like something was missing. Maybe it was because the ending was little too pat. Probably because they completely changed it from the original version. I was so frustrated with the parents, and then the little girl, but I guess that was the point. They were good people and very naive. James McAvoy plays unhinged a little too well, I think. lol. I wonder if he's worried about getting typecast or if he goes looking for these kind of roles. Anyway, this version made go look up the plot summary for the original movie, and I was deeply disturbed just from reading it so maybe it is a good thing they revised so much. My poor American heart probably couldn't handle seeing something so amoral and nihilistic. :::shudder::: 7.5/10

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good movie, kinda predictable but still tense, James Mcavoy is a great actor

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
this was weak as fukk. Og was much better.
Pacing was too fast to the point where it felt rushed. Mcavoy was the best thing about this movie. He killed his part.

shyt turned into every other horror kidnap film once it reached a certain point which lowkey kills the whole point of making a remake in the first place.

husband was p*ssy as fukk my goodness.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
"Rich white folks go on vacation and all hell breaks loose", genre movie

What, another one?

daemonova

Daps
My Latin teacher had a house like that. Big, but full of tiny rooms, tiny hallways, great places to play hide and seek.

She taught the best and richest. The privileged were making out in her class, passing sex notes in her class( I wanna go down on you like a glazed donut.) I'm pretty sure some shenanigans went down in that house second half of the twentieth century.

daemonova

Daps
This stays faithful to the original up to a certain point until it becomes a full-fledged popcorn thriller. Has a more digestible ending that audiences should eat up. Nothing really groundbreaking but for a remake, it’s not damning either like The Vanishing.

I was missing that foreboding score from 2022’s though, this was a little too quiet for me.

This is what happens in the original Danish version. It’s a different and IMO, less impactful ending here. The parents and both kids end up finding a way to escape and kill the other couple.

I thought Watkins and Blumhouse would show some balls here, but guess I should’ve already known the ending would be sanitized for a more accessible one due to the likelihood of American audiences not being able to handle such a major downer. :francis:

One thing I did like about the remake was the fact that the parents actually fought back against McAvoy and his wife, rather than continuously being complicit to every red flag presented. It was like they were contending for ‘Worst Parents of the Century’ in the OG, and it was hard for me to feel sorry for them when they died.
was the American wife actually want to fukk McAvoy. Looks like he was about to get that take out he wanted

daemonova

Daps
Said in other thread that I met Mackenzie Davis in LA, and she was really good in this. Never heard of her before this year, and would have not known if I wasn't told.

She did a good job being pretty mildly obnoxious at times and portraying a certain type of professional class woman.

It was pretty much a comedy to me. Along the lines of movies like Carnage, and the classic social/class tensions. Also, like movies like The River Wild, a commentary on rural vs country, mans man vs kind of the educated white collar man. Man takes back his power/manhood and wins back his family. McAvoy was excellent. He was masterful. You couldn't take it that serious, and I am glad the ending wasn't bleak, it would have not fit the material.

Lots of not subtle commentary on modern masculinity, emasculation, a lot of funny moments. Just the constant line crossing and McAvoy cracking the girls neck like that, yelling at his son, that goose scene, "that's not dancing", lots of laugh out loud moments. Had fun, but it's a not a great movie. The direction is good looking and competent, but not beyond that.

Reminded me of Vacancy too.
Mackenzie Davis was in that hipster show Station Eleven, she was wasted in that

daemonova

Daps
8/10, i liked that fact that they keyed on some men unyielding yearn to be accepted and appreciated, like this was the reason the husband stayed in Europe..

so of course the line in the trailer becomes apropos, "You Let Us". or whatever

of course homegirl blames her infidelity on her husband like he wasn't trying to smash first night

daemonova

Daps
watch-speak-no-evil-streaming.jpg