'Speak No Evil' (Remake of the 2022 Danish Film) | James McAvoy, Mackenzie Davis | Official Trailer [9/13]

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
James McAvoy looks like he went ham on the crazy dad role but the only thing making me apprehensive about this remake is if they kept the original's super bleak ending or not.
Folks on Reddit so far been praising James’s performance on this

A lot of people saying they actually did a totally different ending. OG is apparently on Hulu so I gotta hit that after seeing this joint

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Folks on Reddit so far been praising James’s performance on this

A lot of people saying they actually did a totally different ending. OG is apparently on Hulu so I gotta hit that after seeing this joint
I kinda want to spoil myself to find out lol because I like McAvoy but based on the OG I DO NOT want to see no shyt like that

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This stays faithful to the original up to a certain point until it becomes a full-fledged popcorn thriller. Has a more digestible ending that audiences should eat up. Nothing really groundbreaking but for a remake, it’s not damning either like The Vanishing.

I was missing that foreboding score from 2022’s though, this was a little too quiet for me.

Long story short, the couple is basically slowly abducted by in this case James McAvoy and his wife. The other couple basically refuses to accept the reality of their fate which is that they're going to be killed unless they escape. They don't and McAvoy and his wife drive the other couple out to a remote rock quarry. They make the other couple walk down to the bottom and they are stoned/bludgeoned to death by McAvoy and his wife throwing massive rocks down at them
This is what happens in the original Danish version. It’s a different and IMO, less impactful ending here. The parents and both kids end up finding a way to escape and kill the other couple.

I thought Watkins and Blumhouse would show some balls here, but guess I should’ve already known the ending would be sanitized for a more accessible one due to the likelihood of American audiences not being able to handle such a major downer. :francis:

One thing I did like about the remake was the fact that the parents actually fought back against McAvoy and his wife, rather than continuously being complicit to every red flag presented. It was like they were contending for ‘Worst Parents of the Century’ in the OG, and it was hard for me to feel sorry for them when they died.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This stays faithful to the original up to a certain point until it becomes a full-fledged popcorn thriller. Has a more digestible ending that audiences should eat up. Nothing really groundbreaking but for a remake, it’s not damning either like The Vanishing.

I was missing that foreboding score from 2022’s though, this was a little too quiet for me.

This is what happens in the original Danish version. It’s a different and IMO, less impactful ending here. The parents and both kids end up finding a way to escape and kill the other couple.

I thought Watkins and Blumhouse would show some balls here, but guess I should’ve already known the ending would be sanitized for a more accessible one due to the likelihood of American audiences not being able to handle such a major downer. :francis:

One thing I did like about the remake was the fact that the parents actually fought back against McAvoy and his wife, rather than continuously being complicit to every red flag presented. It was like they were contending for ‘Worst Parents of the Century’ in the OG, and it was hard for me to feel sorry for them when they died.

Maybe remix due to the Cultural differences of the family lol

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Just got out.

Gotta say this but this would’ve never happened with black folks lol. Anyway.

McAvoy played the fukk outta this character.

Does a masterful job of being that guy that doesn’t line press fully, to the point of throwing hands but def tests the boundaries and makes shyt awkward before backing off.

Movie was tense as hell and awkward af.

Last edited:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
So this is better than the Danish version? Does it have the same ending?