'Speak No Evil' (Remake of the 2022 Danish Film) | James McAvoy, Mackenzie Davis | Official Trailer [9/13]

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Said in other thread that I met Mackenzie Davis in LA, and she was really good in this. Never heard of her before this year, and would have not known if I wasn't told.

She did a good job being pretty mildly obnoxious at times and portraying a certain type of professional class woman.

It was pretty much a comedy to me. Along the lines of movies like Carnage, and the classic social/class tensions. Also, like movies like The River Wild, a commentary on rural vs country, mans man vs kind of the educated white collar man. Man takes back his power/manhood and wins back his family. McAvoy was excellent. He was masterful. You couldn't take it that serious, and I am glad the ending wasn't bleak, it would have not fit the material.

Lots of not subtle commentary on modern masculinity, emasculation, a lot of funny moments. Just the constant line crossing and McAvoy cracking the girls neck like that, yelling at his son, that goose scene, "that's not dancing", lots of laugh out loud moments. Had fun, but it's a not a great movie. The direction is good looking and competent, but not beyond that.

Reminded me of Vacancy too.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
McAvoy is incredibly captivating from beginning to end. He does a commendable job capturing the Andrew Tate energy. Story is ho hum and predictable but the ending has some decently tense moments.
he specifically said that he was not channeling Andrew Tate lol

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
McAvoy is the reason to watch this. The reveal near the end is horrifying, and the climax is very entertaining but I think the movie could easily be less than mid without the right person in that role. Its better than mid mostly because of him.

Its funny that its another movie portraying people from the west country as backwoods psychopaths. This film had to be influenced by Straw Dogs. Thats probably a superior movie but I haven't seen it in a long time, I remember it being very good.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I just started this movie and I already know James McAvoy is a psycho in the movie.

He's at the pool on summer vacation, and he has on a pair of High Top Air Forces:mjlol: You get any kind of moisture in those shoes, and they're going to wrestle your feet into submission.

dDWkidb.png

Last edited:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Said in other thread that I met Mackenzie Davis in LA, and she was really good in this. Never heard of her before this year, and would have not known if I wasn't told.

She did a good job being pretty mildly obnoxious at times and portraying a certain type of professional class woman.

She was "Kyle Reese" in the last Terminator movie. I saw the movie, and I wouldn't have known unless I googled her. Don't watch that bs :mjlol:

Lots of not subtle commentary on modern masculinity, emasculation, a lot of funny moments. Just the constant line crossing and McAvoy cracking the girls neck like that, yelling at his son, that goose scene, "that's not dancing", lots of laugh out loud moments. Had fun, but it's a not a great movie. The direction is good looking and competent, but not beyond that.

Reminded me of Vacancy too.

He alluded and specifically brought up his name. Heā€™s taking it back now because he probably catching some heat for it, which is dumb.

That's what I got while watching the movie. The other husband/dad was a grown man and he looked up to James McAvoy like he was his big brother. Paddy kept, I only know the og term for this, giving him a "punk test" and Ben lost each time.

Even at the end Paddy was like :childplease: You fukking p*ssy I tried to kill your whole family.

Ant had to Tommy Jarvis Paddy at the end of the movie
tenor.gif

They were probably going to adopt the kid, but now he has to go to an institution. Dude's wife is going to divorce him.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Would have for sure left that kid there.

@Duke Dixon, yeah met her at my friends wedding, my boy's new wife is friends with her.

What's interesting is that so many of those themes run through movies from Straw Dogs, The River Wild, Eden Lake

but now are like front and center in social media debates and modern culture. What is masculinity? and showing the emasculated (more liberal) professional class as not masculine, but redeems themselves through violence, protecting the family. Both sides basically establish very traditional world views.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
was i the only one who thought...

after mcavoy is knocked out on the ground and the "son" is standing there

that the son would decide to stay cause he got stockholm syndrome and sorta felt sorry for his "dad" ?

what we did get was better of course, though

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
She was "Kyle Reese" in the last Terminator movie. I saw the movie, and I wouldn't have known unless I googled her. Don't watch that bs :mjlol:

That's what I got while watching the movie. The other husband/dad was a grown man and he looked up to James McAvoy like he was his big brother. Paddy kept, I only know the og term for this, giving him a "punk test" and Ben lost each time.

Even at the end Paddy was like :childplease: You fukking p*ssy I tried to kill your whole family.

Ant had to Tommy Jarvis Paddy at the end of the movie
tenor.gif

They were probably going to adopt the kid, but now he has to go to an institution. Dude's wife is going to divorce him.
Oh she was in the last Terminator:gladbron:

And the Husband was such a punk in this movie:russ:

Last edited: