South Africa is on the brink of martial law/anarchy

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
From what I understand, it's mostly the Zulu nation deeply affected by his imprisonment. Despite the compromises made by Mandela during the transitional period to post apartheid SA being unfair to the blacks in the country, the corruption certainly didn't help, it was like stabbing a sick man and say he was going to die anyway.

I come from a country that was a settler economy and had an armed struggle for independence and read the compromises that the first generation of politicians had to make OP, even some of the lands "fought" for were actually bought back from the whites once the smoke cleared. Despite these compromises setting us back, the crippling corruption that started post independence affects us more today than settler colonialism did.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Saw someone post something on IG the other day. I know I shared the story but not familiar with the politics or happenings in South Africa. Situation does look scary tho. I know covid hit hard over there and I'm sure this makes things worse. Hopefully any y'all over there and/or any loved ones y'all have over there are ok.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
they all ex pats, but all the SAfricans I know personally hate the fukk out of Zuma.
ANC stay winning elections despite Malema always going viral tho so i guess his support is much bigger on the ground :francis:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Because you are not nationalist and never been nationalist

Zuma is held in spiritual reverence in SA because he has been the voice of native Africans against the White/Colored elites
Get the fukk outta here Zuma is a piece of shyt and the fact he's getting this much support shows how inept the average southern African is. It's pathetic.

Dude is nothing but a triabikist bigot that hindered South African growth. The country is becomig a giant failure

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
I mean :manny: they do execute the same ANC backed legislation better than the ANC itself

I use to have this discussion with ANC supporters all the time. Blind loyalty to them just because they fought during Apartheid yet overlooking the corruption within the party won’t get the country anywhere. The question is where will new leadership come from and will they stand up to the old regime
We will never vote for white people. End of story. :unimpressed:

All these black opposition parties can and should form one official black opposition, then they'll have a decent chance of toppling the ANC.

No one is ever voting for white people, coz we're out of mind, but we're not THAT crazy.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not to make light of the issues going on or the topics in this thread

but i just watched that South African You Got Served shoe on Netflix and it’s :ohlawd:

SA looks like a fun place despite its bigger problems :manny:

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
This worst thing is they will still vote for ANC come election time
20 million eligible voters did not participate in the last elections, more than half the voting constitutuents.

At least know what you're talking about then run off the mouth

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Get the fukk outta here Zuma is a piece of shyt and the fact he's getting this much support shows how inept the average southern African is. It's pathetic.

Dude is nothing but a triabikist bigot that hindered South African growth. The country is becomig a giant failure

I am not disagreeing with Zuma being problematic, but there is a reason why people are riding for him as they are now. You can't dismiss it and unless you are a black SA (particularly Zulu) on the ground, how do you really know?

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
Nah, that's just
Africa and the Caribbean.
We'd appreciate if @Amestafuu (Emeritus) and @Hiphoplives4eva would keep that weirdo tribal african shyt over there.
nikkas arguing about "mulattos" but they BEEN beefing over slight differences in language and location, in the same country, with zero white DNA or interference.
Y'all let the cacs come in and exacerbate the problem. That's on you.
Criticizing American racial arrangement won't change why both of them dirty nikkas are NOT in Africa.
"but I can go any time I want"
:mjpls: Sure.
We are not them, they are not us.
O0tvKuq.jpg

No buffer class
oCOn14X.jpg

The only people resistant to one drop are BUFFER CLASS ass West Indians and BUFFER CLASS ass Africans, who are already a BUFFER CLASS in America by virtue of being immigrants.
PilOVG7.jpg
PilOVG7.jpg

and they DO have real buffer classes in their home countries that rule to this day
PxXSTnJ.jpg

"COLOUREDS" are a thing in South Africa
Mandela-death-prompts-sou-008.jpg

Sorry, AFRICANS, these would be considered regular African Americans and we ALL have family that look like them. They are not in a any special classification, they are just ADMIXED BLACK PEOPLE where we're from.
Your opinions and input on this subject are not welcomed or needed, GO HOME.
Your goofy ass comes into every African, Caribbean diaspora thread to Cape about all the white blood flowing through your veins.

We don't care. This is not a thread about the one-drop rule...

Why are you in this thread :gucci:

We get it, one drop rule black :unimpressed:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
From what I understand, it's mostly the Zulu nation deeply affected by his imprisonment. Despite the compromises made by Mandela during the transitional period to post apartheid SA being unfair to the blacks in the country, the corruption certainly didn't help, it was like stabbing a sick man and say he was going to die anyway.

I come from a country that was a settler economy and had an armed struggle for independence and read the compromises that the first generation of politicians had to make OP, even some of the lands "fought" for were actually bought back from the whites once the smoke cleared. Despite these compromises setting us back, the crippling corruption that started post independence affects us more today than settler colonialism did.

I really need to know what the fukk Mandela was thinking here

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
For my SA experts, why are ppl going to battle for Zuma when essentially he stole from them (state funds). I have always considered SA as being more politically mature than the citizens of other African countries.
Zuma has nothing to do with the civil unrest, he's just a catalyst to a larger problem

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
I really need to know what the fukk Mandela was thinking here
I literally posted multiple links explaining this very same question.

But hey this the Coli.

Mandela didn't "sell out" or "make compromises".
The Soviet Union fell, US became an undisputed world power/empire and forced him to choose between a neo liberal white globalist agenda or international sanctions/civil war.
He chose the lesser of the 2 evils.