Soul Hackers 2 announced PS4/5, Xbox and PC

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This looks like a cash grab idk probably wait for the inevitable half off sale. I’ve seen more gameplay and ehh it just doesn’t grab me like I need to play this now. I already got a few jrpgs lined up so I’m good

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Okay playing this more and I can def see why its a 6/7 out of ten game :francis:

This shyt is literally a corridor simulator. And even the cutscenes you can see where they cut corners as far as direction.

music is flames though so I'mma need that ost pronto.

dont know if I'll be able to finish this. 3 or so dungeons of doing the exact same shyt is not wavy.
Not even gonna lie, I see it too and I'm just 5 and a half hours in.

This seems like the skeleton to a great game. Needed more time in the oven. The OST and characters are good but these dungeons leave a lot to be desired.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Not even gonna lie, I see it too and I'm just 5 and a half hours in.

This seems like the skeleton to a great game. Needed more time in the oven. The OST and characters are good but these dungeons leave a lot to be desired.

Ive completed about 3 of them shyts and this reminds me of nocturne with the level design. I almost rage quit immediately when I had to go run around searching for a key to a door that one of my randomlu generated personas had. Im like yall really this lazy :scust:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Unlocked fusions and did everything I could in the Soul Matrix before going into the subway.

Like I said, this is the skeleton of a great game. Everytime Atlus has a cast of characters that aren't a group of high schoolers, it's so refreshing. The dialogue is good and actually funny at times.

The actual game though? These Soul Matrix dungeons couldn't be anymore uninspired. You don't even get a different color palate for the different character you're exploring, it all looks the same. These are the new Vision Quests from the OG, but at least the OG had you in a new locale every time (granted, you had to do them twice, but still).

The quests in the Matrix are so bland but I'm gonna do them. Collect 6 keys, kill 9 of this specific demon, etc. :snoop:

It kind of hit me during this last session. Soul Hackers 2 is the PS5 version of Catherine. Basically, this game is just a tech demo/test run for the next Persona game. That said, Catherine was a far better effort than this because it actually tried something different while they were getting a feel for the new engine.

This is a bland dungeon crawler with characters that deserve better.

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
Unlocked fusions and did everything I could in the Soul Matrix before going into the subway.

Like I said, this is the skeleton of a great game. Everytime Atlus has a cast of characters that aren't a group of high schoolers, it's so refreshing. The dialogue is good and actually funny at times.

The actual game though? These Soul Matrix dungeons couldn't be anymore uninspired. You don't even get a different color palate for the different character you're exploring, it all looks the same. These are the new Vision Quests from the OG, but at least the OG had you in a new locale every time (granted, you had to do them twice, but still).

The quests in the Matrix are so bland but I'm gonna do them. Collect 6 keys, kill 9 of this specific demon, etc. :snoop:

It kind of hit me during this last session. Soul Hackers 2 is the PS5 version of Catherine. Basically, this game is just a tech demo/test run for the next Persona game. That said, Catherine was a far better effort than this because it actually tried something different while they were getting a feel for the new engine.

Not a single lie told

That subway boss was a hassle on hard difficulty :francis:

Daps

This game wasn't made by Persona Team.

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
Played the trial and it's aight, story is whatever so far.

The music at least what I've heard so far has been meh tbh not what I'd expect from an atlus. Not a fan of the all out attack being automatic but it's whatever I guess. You can definitely tell this was made by the Tokyo Mirage Sessions crew. Still looking like a $30 cop for me

Also Ringo is not a pawg :dwillhuh:

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
I've been hearing this is mid :francis:

I was hoping this would be a big revival kinda like how Persona 3 was for that series.

Honestly not a fan of these character designs they a lil too anime teeny bopper for me.

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
Played the trial and it's aight, story is whatever so far.

The music at least what I've heard so far has been meh tbh not what I'd expect from an atlus. Not a fan of the all out attack being automatic but it's whatever I guess. You can definitely tell this was made by the Tokyo Mirage Sessions crew. Still looking like a $30 cop for me

Also Ringo is not a pawg :dwillhuh:

Once again Ringo is a A.I. pawg :takedat: