Sooooooo... AT&T hit me with a "Copyright Infringement Alert"...

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Since when? I can't get to browse their selection unless I log in. That's not to say they haven't bought their way in already.

It's public as in you can sign up and log into it. That is what a public tracker is. Anyone can sign up and anyone can log in and anyone can donwload anything at any time, which is why feds is watching.

IP torrents used to be a private tracker as in it didn't have a sign up page, the only way you could get a log in was to get an invite and if you didn't keep your ratio right you would get banned AND the person who sent you an invite would get banned so people were very particular about who they let in...

Generally speaking if you using ANY torrent tracker that has open invites...you better be using some sort of vpn as well..

You better be using a vpn period...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's public as in you can sign up and log into it. That is what a public tracker is. Anyone can sign up and anyone can log in and anyone can donwload anything at any time, which is why feds is watching.

IP torrents used to be a private tracker as in it didn't have a sign up page, the only way you could get a log in was to get an invite and if you didn't keep your ratio right you would get banned AND the person who sent you an invite would get banned so people were very particular about who they let in...

Generally speaking if you using ANY torrent tracker that has open invites...you better be using some sort of vpn as well..

You better be using a vpn period...
IP Torrents is not a public tracker. You need an account to get access. The difference being is if you're willing and you pay them money you can get an account on demand.

A public tracker is Pirate Bay. Anybody can go there with no account and download whatever.

A semi-private tracker is Demonoid. The torrents on a semi-private tracker can use public trackers as well they usually said external on them. They also let anybody download old stuff there and you only have an account for new torrents.

IP Torrents is probably one of the worst private trackers because you can buy your way in so it's not as exclusive but it's better than a public tracker. If you're gonna use IP Torrents download a bunch of BS nobody gets sued for and seed it for bonus points then when you find something higher risk download that and use your bonus points to wipe it from your ratio if you think there's a huge risk.

Many torrents there are freeleech too when they're new. So again you don't have to seed them because they don't hurt your ratio and can just use bonus points to wipe them.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
IP Torrents is not a public tracker. You need an account to get access. The difference being is if you're willing and you pay them money you can get an account on demand.

A public tracker is Pirate Bay. Anybody can go there with no account and download whatever.

A semi-private tracker is Demonoid. The torrents on a semi-private tracker can use public trackers as well they usually said external on them. They also let anybody download old stuff there and you only have an account for new torrents.

IP Torrents is probably one of the worst private trackers because you can buy your way in so it's not as exclusive but it's better than a public tracker. If you're gonna use IP Torrents download a bunch of BS nobody gets sued for and seed it for bonus points then when you find something higher risk download that and use your bonus points to wipe it from your ratio if you think there's a huge risk.

Many torrents there are freeleech too when they're new. So again you don't have to seed them because they don't hurt your ratio and can just use bonus points to wipe them.

If it has a sign up button, its public, because anybody can see it and anybody can click it...

Unlike how IPtorrents used be years ago where the only way to even sign up for it was to get an invite from someone and click the link in the invite email, because there was no sign up button on the iptorrents page.

Just because you log into it doesn't make it private. Because anybody could click sign up and log into it. It makes it private when the only way to gain entry to the site is to know someone and get an invite, cause it is not possible to sign up for the site.

There is nothing private about a torrent site that has a button that says click here to gain access to everything on our torrent site...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If it has a sign up button, its public, because anybody can see it and anybody can click it...

Unlike how IPtorrents used be years ago where the only way to even sign up for it was to get an invite from someone and click the link in the invite email, because there was no sign up button on the iptorrents page.

Just because you log into it doesn't make it private. Because anybody could click sign up and log into it. It makes it private when the only way to gain entry to the site is to know someone and get an invite, cause it is not possible to sign up for the site.

There is nothing private about a torrent site that has a button that says click here to gain access to everything on our torrent site...
A private tracker means an account is required to access the torrents on the site. That's all it means. Different private trackers have different rules and methods for how people get in. Some private trackers have open registration periods.

Also anybody can't sign up to IP Torrents. Either you have to pay them money or get an invite. Also if you think because a tracker is private you're safe that's a mistake. Even a tracker that is private, never has open registrations, and requires invites only can be infiltrated. Someone with something to offer can barter their way into a private tracker.

Really if you're gonna mess with torrents you'd probably want a VPN and/or seedbox.

I kinda fell out of keeping up with all this stuff because I just pay for Netflix / Hulu / Amazon Prime / VRV and I have all the premium channels on cable so I rarely need to download anything especially from something as risky as a torrent. Hell you can get Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime for the price of a good seedbox monthly. The three combined are barely over $27 a month.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Means nothing, just warnings. Just don't upload. Those are the guys getting wrecked.

I never got any of these since I know what the fukk I'm doing, but hey what do I know, I don't DL shytty movies like the Wolverine

giphy.gif

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
Man I have over 2000 movies downloaded and not one of em was downloaded via torrent. And fukk a VPN too, what I look like paying to get free shyt? :heh: