Sooo....no talk on Kiev's gradual descent into Mad Max beyond Thunderdome status??

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
The Ukrainians that are abandoning or switching over are Ukrainian military in Crimea, there is no sign of Ukrainians defecting in Ukraine itself, just the opposite, the signs are that Ukraine is bulking up on its borders and blocking all roads into the country

Nah, actually it's been reported that some of those Ukrainian soldiers in Crimea switched sides. It's not a majority by no means, but there actually have been defections.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Nah, actually it's been reported that some of those Ukrainian soldiers in Crimea switched sides. It's not a majority by no means, but there actually have been defections.

there hasnt been any defections of soldiers inside ukraine of any significance, ukraine has tactical control over their territory, meaning all the roads leading into ukraine are manned, if the russians come there will be a firefight, and the nato planes will come, it will not be like crimea

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Yeah...
there hasnt been any defections of soldiers inside ukraine of any significance, ukraine has tactical control over their territory, meaning all the roads leading into ukraine are manned, if the russians come there will be a firefight, and the nato planes will come, it will not be like crimea
I don't know breh. From what i've read, there have been hundreds to defect. Vice (if you like their reporting or not) has a commander on one of the vids who said of his unit of 110, about 50 literally defected. Not abandoned. Defected.

Thats nothing to balk at.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Couple of thoughts on Cold War 2:

Sarah Palin was right and is owed an apology by the media for dragging her through the mud over inarticulate comments about being able to see Russia from her house. It's not her fault she has a speech impediment.

Mitt Romney was right as well and received similar comedic backlash for his Russia comments during the 2012 debates.

The timing of this latest crisis coincides with renewed government attempts to cut defense spending. Synergy or coincidence?

Ronald Reagan "won Cold War 1" by bankrupting the Soviets through drawing them into unsustainable militarism and proxy wars with Arab extremists. We appear to be falling prey to the same strategy and it's our 'allies' who are doing the pushing. I'm willing to bet this won't gain much traction during the upcoming election, as we'll be too busy arguing about Monica Lewinsky and health care. I'd love to see a government that allowed for both a Rand Paul anti-military industrial complex foreign policy and a Hillary Clinton domestic/ social agenda. I'm starting to think that if our government is going to regain any kind of functionality we need to consider alternatives to the current 2 party system.

I'm not giving either of them an apology because Russia would have tried this shyt regardless.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Ukrainians that are abandoning or switching over are Ukrainian military in Crimea, there is no sign of Ukrainians defecting in Ukraine itself, just the opposite, the signs are that Ukraine is bulking up on its borders and blocking all roads into the country
im talking about the military build up on the borders

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/russian-troop-buildup-now-covers-entire-ukrainian-border/

The buildup of Russian troops now covers essentially the entire Ukrainian border - with some soldiers as close as 50 kilometers away, CBS News national security correspondent David Martin reports.

The buildup is raising serious concerns that Russia could invade Ukraine proper.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
the flaw in your logic and a lot of people that think like you is that you think that wealth comes from resources, wealth doesnt come from resources, russia has vast resources and its a broke ass country, they can take all supposed wealth of "vast oil resources" and they will still be a broke ass country and wanna be superpower

wealth comes from knowledge, creativity and organization, which russia lacks and which will keep russia and its new crimean province poor relative to the west

ive been saying from the beginning that we should let russia take crimea, its just just a communist enclave, its a drag on a westernized, productive, progressive, democratic ukraine

and as i explained, tactically speaking russia never invaded ukraine, all they did was let the russian soldiers out of their crimean bases, if russia would actually try to invade ukraine that would be stopped by ukranian soldiers and nato planes
Great comment.

This is part of why the west won. The APPEARANCE of freedom does wonders. The CIA even sponsored Jackson Pollack art events to send teh message that the West was culturally more open and creative than Russia.

The culture wars matter.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Self deception is no way to live.

Russia is a broke ass country? Stupid statement number one.

Which is why Putin had to force all of the oligarchs to stop stashing bread overseas? :heh:

Communist enclave? Another fictitious statement.
Which is why ex-soviet states are trying to rejoin? (Peep moldova) :heh:

Russia lacks creativity and organization? How can you unabashedly spew such racist bigoted bile?
Putin once bragged to Obama that he could change the constitution and asked why Obama didn't do the same so he could stay in power. :heh:

No Russian soldiers left their posts. The standing Crimean militia was the one that was out and about securing airports etc. The comedic VICE videos you and your buddy have been big upping confirm that.
Those were russian soldiers with no badges. I guess that magic trick worke don you too :heh:

It seems no matter what reality is, you will concoct an edition suit your own perverted thoughts. Unfortunately for you lies and arrogance are a hindrance to knowledge.
The irony :heh:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

Nah breh. Like I said it isn't a majority but it's noticeable enough.

Breh, at this point I think the aim for Putin was to secure his military interests in Crimea first and cause more political turmoil within Ukraine itself secondly. From the Russian perspective, they can't risk simply invading Ukraine because while Crimea is one thing, the Pro Russian sentiments in the East and South of the country aren't nearly as defined. Plus how the fukk does Ukraine have tactical control in its territory when the govt can't even reign in the armed extremist elements within it? How do you have tactical control when your territory is basically deebo'd off you without a shot being fired between soldiers. Playin devil's advocate, if China or Russia were to gain influence in territories close to America with the intention of adding strong economic ties and military installations later on then our govt would be goin apeshyt too in fact we probably wouldn't of shown the level of restraint(For lack of a better term :laugh:) Russia has. :ld:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Because lacking detail, the comment is pointless.

Russia wasn't a threat until Ukrainian politics fell inward.

Ukraine was the straw that broke the hova's back. It's only so long that Nato/EU can eat up buffer states before something happens, especially when you're talkin about somebody that draws on the Soviet past for pride like Putin does. It's really the reason why I'm on neither side like that, both sides know damn well what they're doin and what it'll lead to. The West knew that Russia and Putin wasn't fukkin with those NATO bases being so close, the West knew how important Ukraine was to the Eurasian bloc scheme that Moscow had in place, it's a pissing match and Russia got tired of gettin pissed on. :ehh:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I predict the US will see another spike in productivity and growth thanks to Russia.

We've gone almost a generation without Americans seeing what Russia is capable of.

Now youth can see it.

The US loves existential enemies. While I doubt it'll be as strong as what we saw in the first cold war due to the freedom of information, I do think that many Americans will be inspired to defend their country, ideals, way of life, and their own autonomy.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Nah breh. Like I said it isn't a majority but it's noticeable enough.

Breh, at this point I think the aim for Putin was to secure his military interests in Crimea first and cause more political turmoil within Ukraine itself secondly. From the Russian perspective, they can't risk simply invading Ukraine because while Crimea is one thing, the Pro Russian sentiments in the East and South of the country aren't nearly as defined. Plus how the fukk does Ukraine have tactical control in its territory when the govt can't even reign in the armed extremist elements within it? How do you have tactical control when your territory is basically deebo'd off you without a shot being fired between soldiers. Playin devil's advocate, if China or Russia were to gain influence in territories close to America with the intention of adding strong economic ties and military installations later on then our govt would be goin apeshyt too in fact we probably wouldn't of shown the level of restraint(For lack of a better term :laugh:) Russia has. :ld:
i have no problem with crimea going to putin as a consolation prize, i totally agree that a westernized ukraine is a threat to putin in the same manner if china or russie got influence in a territory close to america

but im not neutral or playing devils advocate, im pro american, and we already won because we have a pro western government right next to russia, if putin wants to throw a temper tantrum and get crimea as a consolation prize, thats fine with me, ukraine is a chess piece that will lead to putin's final checkmate in a few years

a pro western ukraine is putin's nightmare, in one of the articles i posted it said the only reason a pro russian president can get elected in ukraine is because of the crimean vote, with that vote gone, ukraine will be guaranteed to be pro western, in other words putin won the battle of crimea but he lost the war for ukraine, american interests are to control kiev not crimea

i think pro russian protests had a spark last week but they seem to have died down, the armed extremists elements are anti russian so that's neither here nor there, that doesn't help putin

tactical control means they control their borders, as opposed to political control which is more iffy, but the significance of tactical control is that russians cant come in without a fight the way they did in crimea

but you can analyze it anyway you want, the point is putin is not going to go into ukraine, which means we won, putin can keep the communist enclave of crimea, i think overall its a good deal for american interests

i think obama needs to up the PR tho, a lot of people dont get that the us has already won and putin is just throwing a temper tantrum

Last edited:

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm not giving either of them an apology because Russia would have tried this shyt regardless.

I see your point, it's not like they previously tried it before when they did the same thing to Georgia in 2008.