Sony's "Playstation Now" Service announcement

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Point me to this PS3 emulator. I'm sure it'll be as laggy as the PS4/Vita remote play is which I have zero problems with.

There are ps3 emualtors, but that comment was more in reference to ps1 and ps2 games.

Ps3 isn't old enough for games to be scarce, and lets be reality there is only a very small handful of ps3 games that people would want to go back and play right now.

This is just me but given the choice I'd much rather pay for an upgraded remake of a last gen game, than to rent a gimped version of one.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Not saying they are any good right now, but they will definitely be good by the time playstaion 3 games become classic and people want to go back for nostalgia sake. Just like any other system.
there's a lot of issues trying to emulate that cell processor. I wouldn't hold my breath for anything soon

gamecube and wii emulation is easier because the architecture is similar to PC's

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
there's a lot of issues trying to emulate that cell processor. I wouldn't hold my breath for anything soon

gamecube and wii emulation is easier because the architecture is similar to PC's

What were the reports of people playing gtaV early on ps3 emulators?

Are only some games do-able?

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are ps3 emualtors, but that comment was more in reference to ps1 and ps2 games.

Ps3 isn't old enough for games to be scarce, and lets be reality there is only a very small handful of ps3 games that people would want to go back and play right now.

This is just me but given the choice I'd much rather pay for an upgraded remake of a last gen game, than to rent a gimped version of one.
I would rather have a remastered version, also. There are a good number of games that I haven't played yet and this provides me with a service to play them with having to search for a copy (or hoping on a ps+ IC release), and then there is a chance I won't even like it.
I'm looking at it like Netflix but for gaming.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I would rather have a remastered version, also. There are a good number of games that I haven't played yet and this provides me with a service to play them with having to search for a copy (or hoping on a ps+ IC release), and then there is a chance I won't even like it.
I'm looking at it like Netflix but for gaming.

I just don't see the value in the service for the non-casual gamer. Maybe if it was included with ps+ or if you could play the games you already own for free. But as it stands it just looks like a way to get playstation games in the hands of casual iphone/iPad gamers

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps

Guess you're going to be first in line to plunk down $60 for Tomb Raider The Definitive Edition.