Sony’s only way out now is to allow Gamepass on their system

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Sony will be fine but they do need to have more of a focus on big exclusive online multiplayer games. The single player ones are cool and all and they should 100% keep bringing them but you also gotta have something to bring in that long term revenue and keep gamers attached for longer then a week or 2. Twisted Metal can be the start if done right.

Also as much as people don't want it to happen they also need to just release all their exclusive shyt on PC no longer then a year after they release on PS. A whole new revenue stream for them right there and Horizon and especially God of War proves the userbase is there. Horizon 2 is coming out next month. It should be on PC no later then Feb of 2023.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Where did you read about this supposed xcloud plan?
Phil Spencer has said as much.
Phil Spencer: Xbox Game Pass “will come to every device”
"When you think about reaching a customer with this content where their only compute device could be an Android phone, you think about, 'What are all the ways that person pays for content today'?" Spencer said. "So we need to make sure that we're world-class at free-to-play content, but we also look at subscription as a much lower barrier way for a customer to build a library of content.

"So we built Xbox Game Pass -- it started on console, it will come to PC, and eventually it will come to every device -- we use the flywheel that we have with customers on an Xbox to start the growth in Xbox Game Pass. But as somebody sitting back and taking a longer-term view of where our business is going, you should look at that as a business model that we think scales to billions of people not hundreds of millions of people like retail does."
So you tell me how will they get it on every device?

They got it on Apple's devices already
Microsoft’s xCloud game streaming is now widely available on iOS and PC

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Sony has nothing to worry about, they have plenty of IPs to justify the existence of their console.

You're NEVER going to see GP on a playstation, you all must really be on drugs.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
A gaming console isn’t the same as a mobile device, stop.
xCloud was literally created so they can run their games on non-native devices.
Sony has nothing to worry about, they have plenty of IPs to justify the existence of their console.

You're NEVER going to see GP on a playstation, you all must really be on drugs.
No I know for certain there's no way Sony allows that. Sony customers already like free PS+ games what the hell you think is gonna happen when they get access to more monthly games and even newer games day 1 instead of just old titles? shyt would be a gateway drug to get them hooked.

Deman

All Star
Daps
Realistically it's irrelevant to Microsoft. We all know the distant endgame of this is for it to end up on an app you can install on devices like Roku and Firesticks at some point. They're looking to reach beyond the limited install base of a console. They'll end up on a device the PlayStation owner already owns. Does it really matter to Netflix if you watch their shyt on your PlayStation or off your TV natively?
Rite

My bro was sayin they missed shyt ton of technology this is the only recent hit they gotta maintain lead in sub service gaming

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
Na.... its a big loss and its ok to admit that.

Just like its been admitted that it was a loss for Xbox when they lost the exclusivity of Mass Effect and I believe Splinter Cell. Those were big games
I respectfully disagree breh :manny:

Crash ip been multiplat longer than it was associated with PS, no big loss to me personally

Soylent Greenz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I can't front...I copped a Ps5 day and date,I think the shyt is dope and I'm happy I copped....but I just got a series x 2 weeks ago and I have not turned on the ps5 since.
This game pass shyt is wild to the point where I almost cant believe its 15 cash.
Sony will always have its exclusives that I want to play,but anything multi plat is getting played on the series x.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its not going to stop at cod. Just like it didn’t stop at bethesda. They’re probably eyeing Taketwo and Ubisoft.

So are a variety of other companies, who will also be alarmed at how quickly M$ is buying up the big publishers. Sony at least are already an established force in gaming - the likes of Facebook, Google, Amazon will need to do something big to get their foot firmly in the door.

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago
So are a variety of other companies, who will also be alarmed at how quickly M$ is buying up the big publishers. Sony at least are already an established force in gaming - the likes of Facebook, Google, Amazon will need to do something big to get their foot firmly in the door.
I’m surprised Amazon - NVidia hasn’t purchased a publisher to bolster Luna - Geoforcenow

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Yeah if anything Microsoft just made it more hot. Other companies are like, wait…. Are we missing out? They paying 70b to get game studios…. :patrice:

The blood is in the water, and honestly? I don’t really care. I don’t care for much of any of the western publishers. Ubisoft, Activision, Take Two, and EA has mass effect and dragon age, but outside of that? :yeshrug:

Gaming is 95% sony, capcom, Square enix, Fromsoftware, and indie games for me

Between Tencent, NetEase, Embracer, Amazon, Google, Apple, Netflix, Facebook….its already set in motion. Majority of 3rd party publishers, especially american ones are gonna be swallowed up by the end of this generation

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
TBH i'd prefer if Amazon or somebody swoop in & get them rather than MS walling them behind Gamepass
At least they'd still be multi-platform :francis: