Sony’s only way out now is to allow Gamepass on their system

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
you sure you want to do this Breh?:usure:
Serious question. I honestly don’t think it’s the end of Sony or anywhere near as bad as most are making it seem, but what if these acquisitions really do take Sony out the game? Or what if Gamepass does end up on PlayStation? Will the fans admit “defeat”?

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Crash isn't a big loss in the year 2022 especially since its been multiplat since the early 2000's :yeshrug:

Na.... its a big loss and its ok to admit that.

Just like its been admitted that it was a loss for Xbox when they lost the exclusivity of Mass Effect and I believe Splinter Cell. Those were big games

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Serious question. I honestly don’t think it’s the end of Sony or anywhere near as bad as most are making it seem, but what if these acquisitions really do take Sony out the game? Or what if Gamepass does end up on PlayStation? Will the fans admit “defeat”?

That would mean xbox is going 3rd party pretty much cause there’s not a soul on this planet that would buy an xbox if they put gamepass on playstation.

Thats my serious answer

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
That would mean xbox is going 3rd party pretty much cause there’s not a soul on this planet that would buy an xbox if they put gamepass on playstation.

Thats my serious answer
You may be right but that was Microsoft’s plan from the jump though. They said years before Series S/X that their goal was to make it to where people didn’t have to buy an Xbox to enjoy Xbox…they’re doing exactly that.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Thats my serious answer
Sony allowing access to Game Pass on PlayStation does more harm to Sony than Xbox. People that want native access to Xbox games would still own an Xbox.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I would love to put money on that
If I can get Game Pass on a PlayStation even owning one suddenly I don't need to buy as many games because some of them inevitably come to Game Pass. Sony isn't getting it licensing fees from the third party games sold on the platform from games they aren't selling. Meanwhile as far as Microsoft is concerned I'm still paying them what a native Xbox owner pays for Game Pass.

Example: MLB The Show was included on Game Pass but cost full price on PlayStation. Why would I buy it if I had access to Game Pass? I think another problem introduced is a PlayStation version of Game Pass is probably using xCloud. Due to the inferior experience in streaming games some gamers are gonna want to play natively. The PlayStation will then become a gateway for them to get an Xbox to do so and they will end up spending less on PlayStation.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Na.... its a big loss and its ok to admit that.

Just like its been admitted that it was a loss for Xbox when they lost the exclusivity of Mass Effect and I believe Splinter Cell. Those were big games
If this was 20 years ago maybe it would be seen as a big loss. Today? Nah.

I would love to put money on that
I think they're right about that. Sony would lose a lot of revenue from 3rd party game sales, mtx, etc., especially if that means people would have to buy through XBL marketplace.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If I can get Game Pass on a PlayStation even owning one suddenly I don't need to buy as many games because some of them inevitably come to Game Pass. Sony isn't getting it licensing fees from the third party games sold on the platform from games they aren't selling. Meanwhile as far as Microsoft is concerned I'm still paying them what a native Xbox owner pays for Game Pass.

Example: MLB The Show was included on Game Pass but cost full price on PlayStation. Why would I buy it if I had access to Game Pass? I think another problem introduced is a PlayStation version of Game Pass is probably using xCloud. Due to the inferior experience in streaming games some gamers are gonna want to play natively. The PlayStation will then become a gateway form the to got an Xbox to do so and they will end up spending less on PlayStation.

No thats not how it works. If it were put on PlayStation it would have to be a deal thats beneficial enough that they get a decent cut from downloads on it. Not only that but if they are the only higher tech console maker in town they make even more money. Why would Sony’s version of the gamepass app be through xcloud and not the same way it is through the PC?

If gamepass exist the same way it does on pc on playstation, that means the games are able to be downloaded and played natively. At that point what advantage do i have buying an xbox for 500 dollars? All i get on an xbox at that point is the loss of playstation games. As A PlayStation only player i have access to everything on xbox plus playstation games, VR, trophies etc etc.

The whole 3rd party licensing fees argument doesn’t make sense because this wouldnt even happen if a deal isn’t worked out for gamepass to exist on sony consoles in teh first place

Deman

All Star
Daps
that aint never gon happen xbox would need to give a stupid cut for sony to take ‘em losses

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No thats not how it works. If it were put on PlayStation it would have to be a deal thats beneficial enough that they get a decent cut from downloads on it. Not only that but if they are the only higher tech console maker in town they make even more money.

If gamepass exist the same way it does on pc on playstation, that means the games are able to be downloaded and played natively. At that point what advantage do i have buying an xbox for 500 dollars? All i get on an xbox at that point is the loss of playstation games. As A PlayStation only player i have access to everything on xbox plus playstation games, VR, trophies etc etc.

The whole 3rd party licensing fees argument doesn’t make sense because this wouldnt even happen if a deal isn’t worked out for gamepass to exist on sony consoles in teh first place
Xbox games aren't gonna run natively on a PlayStation. It's just going to be an app that grants access to the xCloud version of Game Pass. If anything Microsoft would give Sony a per-account fee possibly per download of the app on PlayStation. This is all hypothetical because there's no way Sony allows it. It would undermine their business.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
that aint never gon happen xbox would need to give a stupid cut for sony to take ‘em losses

its they number1 game for a decade n nikkas talkin bout exclusives gon save em. Sony needa b shock these nikkas not playin
Realistically it's irrelevant to Microsoft. We all know the distant endgame of this is for it to end up on an app you can install on devices like Roku and Firesticks at some point. They're looking to reach beyond the limited install base of a console. They'll end up on a device the PlayStation owner already owns. Does it really matter to Netflix if you watch their shyt on your PlayStation or off your TV natively?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Xbox games aren't gonna run natively on a PlayStation. It's just going to be an app that grants access to the xCloud version of Game Pass. If anything Microsoft would give Sony a per-account fee possibly per download of the app on PlayStation. This is all hypothetical because there's no way Sony allows it. It would undermine their business.

Where did you read about this supposed xcloud plan?