Sony's cynical game design. 2016 update, Movie Games Galore!!!

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Did those games come out 10 years ago?
They came out within the last 3-4 years.

You're going to argue how "soon" is recent huh? :russ: Pathetic.

3-4 and even 5 year old games are in no way considered "recent" and half of the games on your list aren't developed or even published by Sony.

Try to read and comprehend, then try again :ufdup:

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
What does Ryse have to do with anything?
Its a game that "..revolves around this idea of making the best looking game possible, even if gameplay and fun factor are sacrificed".

Do you seriously lack the reading comprehension to make that connection? Or was that a half assed attempt to disregard his (valid) point in that Microsoft (as well as other gaming companies) produces those types of games as well?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
3-4 and even 5 year old games are in no way considered "recent" and half of the games on your list aren't developed or even published by Sony.

Try to read and comprehend, then try again :ufdup:
:wow:

Keep on setting parameters breh. :heh:

"Half those games on that list have employees who worked on them that were from multiplatform studios so therefore they're not really Sony games."
:camby:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Its a game that "..revolves around this idea of making the best looking game possible, even if gameplay and fun factor are sacrificed".

Do you seriously lack the reading comprehension to make that connection? Or was that a half assed attempt to disregard his (valid) point in that Microsoft (as well as other gaming companies) produces those types of games as well?

Does pointing out that Ryse did it excuse The Order for its limited design?

If ryse is so bad, then why do y'all turn around and excuse Sony for directing most of its games this way?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

TWD-game-cover.jpg

Bu bu bu bu the story is good :troll:

Game is literally point and click and because it's a game based off a show it's raved online.
:smh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:wow:

Keep on setting parameters breh. :heh:

"Half those games on that list have employees who worked on them that were from multiplatform studios so therefore they're not really Sony games."
:camby:

"No other developer/publisher approaches game design like Sony has in recent years."

The "parameters" were set in the OP. Not my fault you can't read/comprehend

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

If ryse is so bad, then why do y'all turn around and excuse Sony for directing most of its games this way?
Excuse me sir but have The Order came out already?? Did you play it??

You ignored my post in that "recent' The Order E3 thread where I posted several comments from people who you know PLAYED the game and said it was great. I posted several E3 awards it won but you disappeared. You Xbot trolls are so wack. Y'all get exposed and corrected so y'all go into hiding just to resurface a few weeks later starting the argument over again.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures

Hopefully by post 18,000 you discover sanity.

I wonder would this thread have gotten made if The Order was a ContradictBox exclusive?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
TWD-game-cover.jpg

Bu bu bu bu the story is good :troll:

Game is literally point and click and because it's a game based off a show it's raved online.
:smh:

Difference between a game like this, B2S, Heavy rain,ect. And on rails movie games like The Order is:

Your choices effect the direction of the game/story. So even though the gameplay is simple Directing the movie is part of the gameplay. In "cinematic action games" the movie is dictated to you.

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell

Pointing out that ryse did it doesn't excuse anything. It just shows that you choose to ignore that other companies do it

Ryse WAS bad, most sony games don't do as poor critically as ryse did so you're making a moot point. People like sony games. Ryse was tolerated cause there wasn't much to choose from at launch.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"No other developer/publisher approaches game design like Sony has in recent years."

The "parameters" were set in the OP. Not my fault you can't read/comprehend
Even if you ONLY include games literally published and/or developed by Sony Studios, it's still not no damn fact that "Sony" games have bad gameplay design. It's literally the stupidest shyt I've read on the internet. It basically goes like this:

X game comes out PS3/4 and it's getting accolades and appraise everywhere?
*Say "while the story is great and gfx are amazing... the gameplay leaves a lot to be desired."

It's literally been proven time and time again that it is completely wrong. You tried that shyt with TLOU and I posted reviews where the gameplay was praised and you ignored it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Excuse me sir but have The Order came out already?? Did you play it??

You ignored my post in that "recent' The Order E3 thread where I posted several comments from people who you know PLAYED the game and said it was great. I posted several E3 awards it won but you disappeared. You Xbot trolls are so wack. Y'all get exposed and corrected so y'all go into hiding just to resurface a few weeks later starting the argument over again.

Ryse won e3 awards as well and SOME people who played it said it was great.

What does any of that have to do with this thread? More dumb ass deflections. Not once have you addressed what's in the OP. just a bunch of reaching and bullshyt coming from you :scusthov:

The devs themselves said gameplay is not important to them. Do you think they were lying?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Difference between a game like this, B2S, Heavy rain,ect. And on rails movie games like The Order is:

Your choices effect the direction of the game/story. So even though the gameplay is simple Directing the movie is part of the gameplay. In "cinematic action games" the movie is dictated to you.
That's how I know you didn't play Heavy Rain because this is completely false. Completely false. Heavy Rain had MULTIPLE endings and branching paths but you won't admit that.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Pointing out that ryse did it doesn't excuse anything. It just shows that you choose to ignore that other companies do it

Ryse WAS bad, most sony games don't do as poor critically as ryse did so you're making a moot point. People like sony games. Ryse was tolerated cause there wasn't much to choose from at launch.

Yes other companies have tried to clone the style. Some with success (tomb raider) some without success (Ryse). But once again what does that have to do with this thread?

Y'all do this with everything. Instead of addressing what was said you reach for other shyt to diss to deflect from the topic at hand.

LITERALLY EVERY ANNOUNCED SONY DEVELOPED PS4 game follows this design ideal. As a PS4 owner is this what you want?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That's how I know you didn't play Heavy Rain because this is completely false. Completely false. Heavy Rain had MULTIPLE endings and branching paths but you won't admit that.

READING fukkING COMPREHENSION. :snoop:

Heavy rain is in the same boat with walking dead. Both games I liked because YOU CHOOSE THE STORY. As opposed to following down the same halway and seing the same canned explosion over and over again.