Sonya Massey Reports Intruder and Is Killed In Her Own Home By Police

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I am so confused. I see her handling a pot and then all of a sudden the cop said something, and the woman said I'm sorry? Then next thing I know he is saying drop the pot, with his gun drawn, and then opened fire. What exactly changed from her moving the pot to him drawing his weapon? I'm beyond confused. Clearly he shouldn't have shot her but I'm confused on where/what the threat was? Did she say something weird? What was she apologizing for?

She has pot and looks like she’s draining it. The cops back up and say, “you have a hot pot of water” worried about their safety and she jokingly says, “I rebuke you” like preacher throwing holy water. CAC loses his shyt and doesn’t know what de escalation is.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
She has pot and looks like she’s draining it. The cops back up and say, “you have a hot pot of water” worried about their safety and she jokingly says, “I rebuke you” like preacher throwing holy water. CAC loses his shyt and doesn’t know what de escalation is.
OMG.....yeah straight up murder. That is so disgusting.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
where's the coverage for this?
I've been seeing it everywhere. First learned of this story about a week ago when a friend sent me a Tiktok (prior to the cop's arrest). Then I started seeing more and more after his arrest. Now that the body cam footage is out, it's been on every news outlet I follow.
she was mentally ill and very confused. the cops dont know how to handle mental illness. they shouldnt even have let her go into that kitchen, but once they did, they should have backed up and maybe pulled out the taser. the gun was un-called for and cowardly.
Why even pull out a taser? She was unarmed.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
I've been seeing it everywhere. First learned of this story about a week ago when a friend sent me a Tiktok (prior to the cop's arrest). Then I started seeing more and more after his arrest. Now that the body cam footage is out, it's been on every news outlet I follow.

Why even pull out a taser? She was unarmed.
she turned toward them with the boiling water in her hand talking about "rebuking them". i can understand at that point backing up and getting a taser ready, not even pointing but having it in your hand while issuing clear and simple commands to somebody who is in a mental crisis. she had been saying strange things the entire time which is also why i think they should have made her sit on the couch while they call EMS instead of letting her go into the kitchen.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
she was mentally ill and very confused. the cops dont know how to handle mental illness. they shouldnt even have let her go into that kitchen, but once they did, they should have backed up and maybe pulled out the taser. the gun was un-called for and cowardly.

Was she diagnosed with anything? I couldn’t anything about her condition.

If true it shows an even greater failure on the cops and public services.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Was she diagnosed with anything? I couldn’t anything about her condition.

If true it shows an even greater failure on the cops and public services.
i havent seen her family say anything about a diagnosis, but she was very confused during this encounter. the cop also asked her if she was mentally ok about 5.5 minutes into the video, so he definitely knew something was off.