Sonya Massey Reports Intruder and Is Killed In Her Own Home By Police

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I think the lesson Elon took from 2020 is that the media dictates behavior, and if they are showing police brutality or riots it increases the chances that people will respond by joining protests or sympathizing with black people. I don't agree with him obviously but I think it's clear he thinks this drives behaviors and sentiments. Which is why twitter timelines are now constantly full of videos of black people being violent/committing crimes, illegal immigrants committing crimes, etc. He wants to drive reactions, specifically from white people by scaring them.

IMO much of the media is on a similar page, given how many outlets are now run by right wingers. And instead of showing cops killing people they're going to do what Fox has done since 2021: show black people committing crimes and convince people that crime is out of control (when in reality crime is down). They're driving sentiments with political purpose, it's just that "black man killed by cops" is no longer on the agenda because the outcome (protests, political movement, riots, etc) scares them.
Yep these rich people want to own media to shape the narrative.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I don’t be on Twitter, but every time I open Facebook, no matter the time of day, this is the first story I see. Maybe it’s my algorithms or maybe it’s because I follow a bunch of news media pages (legit news media), but I’ve been seeing it everywhere.
Saw it on Reddit.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Do you guys think he purposefully overcharged? Maybe 2nd-degree murder?

You see it. Just look how dude replied to you,

They take advantage of our raw emotion and go first degree. But there’s supposed to be checks and balances in place, advocates for us, to do what’s best. We don’t know what’s best legally. 2nd degree murder is a layup and could get him 30 years in jail. Instead they go 1st degree like it’s symbolism, but he might walk

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
You see it. Just look how dude replied to you,

They take advantage of our raw emotion and go first degree. But there’s supposed to be checks and balances in place, advocates for us, to do what’s best. We don’t know what’s best legally. 2nd degree murder is a layup and could get him 30 years in jail. Instead they go 1st degree like it’s symbolism, but he might walk
They do it all the time.

This case will go to trial 3 years from now and he could get off when everyone forgets.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Do you guys think he purposefully overcharged? Maybe 2nd-degree murder?
How is he overcharged? He was never threatened in any way. He escalated the entire situation. He needs to spend the rest of his life in prison and 2nd degree murder isn’t a life sentence.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
she turned toward them with the boiling water in her hand talking about "rebuking them". i can understand at that point backing up and getting a taser ready, not even pointing but having it in your hand while issuing clear and simple commands to somebody who is in a mental crisis. she had been saying strange things the entire time which is also why i think they should have made her sit on the couch while they call EMS instead of letting her go into the kitchen.
She didn’t “turn toward them “ with boiling water. You have no idea if it was boiling at all. The pig made a comment and said to turn the stove off because he didn’t want a fire. She grabs it off the stovetop and places it in the sink. If she intended to throw it she would’ve, not placed it in the sink.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
How is he overcharged? He was never threatened in any way. He escalated the entire situation. He needs to spend the rest of his life in prison and 2nd degree murder isn’t a life sentence.

First-degree murder is usually more serious than second-degree murder because it involves premeditation and intentional killing, while second-degree murder can be intentional but unplanned.

First degree is harder to prove