Sonya Massey Reports Intruder and Is Killed In Her Own Home By Police

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
RIP. Btw have you noticed this isn’t getting much media coverage and is barely mentioned on Twitter? Notice the multiple police shootings since 2020 have not been covered much? Very clear what’s going on. Elon doesn’t want you to see it on Twitter and the media has no incentive to cover it on TV. The medium is the message. They don’t want riots and figured out how to prevent them: stop covering that shyt.
I don’t be on Twitter, but every time I open Facebook, no matter the time of day, this is the first story I see. Maybe it’s my algorithms or maybe it’s because I follow a bunch of news media pages (legit news media), but I’ve been seeing it everywhere.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
She was clearly mentally ill and once again we see LE not being able to professionally deal with the mentally ill.
They do. They deal with raggedy ass crazy people all day. This woman was of sober mind. Maybe a little confused and paranoid but still sober. They just wanted to kill her.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
How would you de-escalate her in that situation?
no need to de-escalate her
Just leave,
you were called to investigate an home intruder, You found no evidence of any crime.
No need to hang around issuing commands and giving out orders, then getting violent when commands aren't followed.
Being a cop doesn't mean you need force compliance anytime you interact with somebody.
Case was closed, just leave and nobody would've died or gone to jail over this.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is one of the most clear cut lynchings I've ever seen. This race soldier had been in 6 diff departments and had 2 dui's. He never should've been allowed to wear a badge in the first place.

She was clearly mentally ill and once again we see LE not being able to professionally deal with the mentally ill. I also believe she saw the demon in him and was not intending on hurting them.

RIP Sonya and I pray your family receives justice.

Allegedly the sheriff is his father in law. Explains it all

Whole department needs to be thrown away

Daps
Reppin
NULL
RIP. Btw have you noticed this isn’t getting much media coverage and is barely mentioned on Twitter? Notice the multiple police shootings since 2020 have not been covered much? Very clear what’s going on. Elon doesn’t want you to see it on Twitter and the media has no incentive to cover it on TV. The medium is the message. They don’t want riots and figured out how to prevent them: stop covering that shyt.

I agree to an extent. The media and these platforms always dictate what we should get upset about. However, I don’t think they are suppressing these stories to prevent riots. It’s moreso that these storylines serve no political purpose at the moment and the citizenry’s attention needs to be focused elsewhere

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no need to de-escalate her
Just leave,
you were called to investigate an home intruder, You found no evidence of any crime.
No need to hang around issuing commands and giving out orders, then getting violent when commands aren't followed.
Being a cop doesn't mean you need force compliance anytime you interact with somebody.
Case was closed, just leave and nobody would've died or gone to jail over this.

This is what happens when you have white police officers acting like an occupation force instead of police. Anyone with half a brain could see she was not a threat especially when they are armed. We have to stop allowing ourselves to be policed solely by non black people, we have to pick up the mantle and handle our own areas. Any majority black area should have a majority black police force

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I agree to an extent. The media and these platforms always dictate what we should get upset about. However, I don’t think they are suppressing these stories to prevent riots. It’s moreso that these storylines serve no political purpose at the moment and the citizenry’s attention needs to be focused elsewhere
I think the lesson Elon took from 2020 is that the media dictates behavior, and if they are showing police brutality or riots it increases the chances that people will respond by joining protests or sympathizing with black people. I don't agree with him obviously but I think it's clear he thinks this drives behaviors and sentiments. Which is why twitter timelines are now constantly full of videos of black people being violent/committing crimes, illegal immigrants committing crimes, etc. He wants to drive reactions, specifically from white people by scaring them.

IMO much of the media is on a similar page, given how many outlets are now run by right wingers. And instead of showing cops killing people they're going to do what Fox has done since 2021: show black people committing crimes and convince people that crime is out of control (when in reality crime is down). They're driving sentiments with political purpose, it's just that "black man killed by cops" is no longer on the agenda because the outcome (protests, political movement, riots, etc) scares them.