Sony Sacrificed the PlayStation 4 Camera to Beat Microsoft on Price

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
what 360 games require a HDD?

Halo 3 and Reach co-op modes did initially until they patched it.
Burnout Paradise
Final Fantasy XI

I'm sure there are others, they let you know on the back of the game case if you need a HDD.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This will be a bad move for Sony if it turns out that by making it standard, devs take full advantage of the Kinect and implement it in new and exciting ways that make games impossible to play without it. Fortunately for Sony, I just don't see that happening.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Gimmicks are what won last gen...hardcore gamers are a minority not a majority hence why pc gaming is an after thought for most....this may comeback to haunt Sony....3rd place 2 gens in a row....last place in both handheld and console devices this can't be life :to:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Gimmicks are what won last gen...hardcore gamers are a minority not a majority hence why pc gaming is an after thought for most....this may comeback to haunt Sony....3rd place 2 gens in a row....last place in both handheld and console devices this can't be life :to:
people who play core titles are the money games. you see the casuals abandoned Nintendo last generation and have yet to return. at best Nintendo sold them a box with a pack-in title and like one more game then they were done. the core crowd you can depend on them to buy your product. the casuals follow trends and will just as quick abandon you.

also Sony worldwide passed Microsoft earlier this year so they're technically #2 .

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This will be a bad move for Sony if it turns out that by making it standard, devs take full advantage of the Kinect and implement it in new and exciting ways that make games impossible to play without it. Fortunately for Sony, I just don't see that happening.

How many non-hardcore gamers are going to spend 500 dollars on a new console just because it has the Kinect?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
It wasn't mandatory for devs in the PS3 like it is now in the PS4.

PS4-Vita Remote Play enabled at a system level | Games industry news | MCV

Every single PS4 game will be playable via Remote Play on PlayStation Vita.

That’s because, unlike on PS3 when the functionality needed to be specifically coded in, PlayStation 4 will allow Vita streaming on a system level, Engadget reports.

Sony Worldwide Studios head Shuhei Yoshida told the site: "On PlayStation 4 it just happens. You just make a PS4 game, it supports Remote Play.

"The single biggest issue, why there are not many PlayStation 3 games that support Remote Play, was that it was optional – the system didn't do much. The game has to set aside some memory or CPU to be able to do that, and usually, memory is the most precious resource that [development] teams fight amongst each other for. So when it comes down to the priorities, these are features that are very easy to drop.

"Please make sure that when you play your games on Vita, the control is good. That's the minimum thing we're asking them to do."

Obviously there technically are bound to be some exceptions – with the PlayStation Eye-requiring Just Dance given as an example.

the devs don't have to do anything

teacher

All Star
Daps
people who play core titles are the money games. you see the casuals abandoned Nintendo last generation and have yet to return. at best Nintendo sold them a box with a pack-in title and like one more game then they were done. the core crowd you can depend on them to buy your product. the casuals follow trends and will just as quick abandon you.

also Sony worldwide passed Microsoft earlier this year so they're technically #2 .

At the end of the day they want to sell consoles and first party games first and foremost Nintendo accomplished that in spades last gen....now as a gamer you may not be happy about it, but it worked from a business standpoint...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
At the end of the day they want to sell consoles and first party games first and foremost Nintendo accomplished that in spades last gen....now as a gamer you may not be happy about it, but it worked from a business standpoint...
they sold almost 100 million units and abandoned the thing overnight. now when you look at their new system its not very popular.

Nintendo scorched the earth. they sold out to casual gamers and when the casuals abandoned them almost nobody was left.

its like your favorite rapper sells out and goes pop then later the pop crowd abandons him. well many of his original fans are disenchanted with him and the pop fan have moved on. who's he got left?

teacher

All Star
Daps
they sold almost 100 million units and abandoned the thing overnight. now when you look at their new system its not very popular.

Nintendo scorched the earth. they sold out to casual gamers and when the casuals abandoned them almost nobody was left.

its like your favorite rapper sells out and goes pop then later the pop crowd abandons him. well many of his original fans are disenchanted with him and the pop fan have moved on. who's he got left?

I wouldn't say they completely abandoned it...wii-U is BC and most if not all the accessories work on the wii-u

Also

The ps3 surpassing the 360 is irrelevant since the next gen started with the wii-U :youngsabo:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yeah...I agree, but its gotta be something they haven't seen before. The Kinect and motion controls in general aren't new anymore, which is part of the reason the Wii-U is in the state that its in.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hear ya, and what your doing is trying to dictate what gets made. You don't make games, your not part of the creative process. You don't even care for the advancement of games. You think you know everything, and any innovations are all trash. Your words.

I didn't get kinect 1.0 to replace all other ways of gaming. I just wanted to try it out :ahh:
somethings it does wonderful, others not so much. Most of the issues are fixed now with 2.0. I've seen it with my own two eye'icles. All the gripes I had, but never reported to anybody. I see they fixed them. So I know what type of experiences they "CAN" offer. You have no idea, your convinced they can't do nothing. They wasted the billions they spent making it/etc. Cuz it wont work for you!!!

But I'm here to tell you they will find ways to make use of it, they already have, and its only gonna expand 100-fold this gen. You'll understand better once the games are in our hands. If you don't agree, thats fine. But you can't deny that THE INDUSTRY disagrees with you. Its not just my personal opinion :hula:

I love advancement in gaming. But I'm talking about real advancement. What I dislike are gimmicks that lead to watered down games. These things you are talking about are gimmicks.

Sony learned from their mistakes last gen when they tried to sell the PS3 as an expensive entertainment device. They are going back to focusing on gaming. I applaud them for it.

With Xbox though it seems as if they don't know what they are doing. They are trying to attract casual gamers, but their console is too expensive. They were marketing a future of digital downloads and no used games. And then they changed all of those features in a week. They don't have faith in their own vision. Gaming isn't changed by gimmick features, it is changed by games. Name me one great game to come out of Kinect.