Sony Sacrificed the PlayStation 4 Camera to Beat Microsoft on Price

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
sony didn't 'sacrifice' a thing. They made the wise choice of putting something in that most people buying the console couldn't care less about and would have boosted up the price unnecessarily. If people want that cam, they can drop that 60 on it.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I'll be shocked if they don't release with a bundle for a lil more $

Mmm-hmm. I think they'll release a bundle with the PS4 Camera, "Knack" or "Driveclub", & PS+ trial for $500 to attract the family/broad mainstream audience.

And now the insane fanboy wishlist again :laff:
Yeah, they gonna for $100 more give you two launch games (never done in console history btw) $50 PS+ and the Camera $60
If you really think that will be available at launch I really believe you are a crack baby

Retarted ass nikka, re-read my post again. It's not insane.

I said the option of "Knack" OR "Driveclub". A free TRIAL of PS+, which will probably be 30 days.

I don't think "Knack" and to a lesser degree "Driveclub" will be huge sellers to core gamers. They're both family-friendly games. If Sony were to offer a PS4 bundle that included a choice of either of "Knack" OR "Driveclub" with the PS4 camera & a free PS+ trial for $500, that would be very attractive to the broad mainstream family audience compared to the XB1. It would also guarantee a higher adoption rate of the PS4 Camera. It should be a no-brainier for Sony.

Look like I might have speculated correctly:
Picture of a PS4 Bundle with PlayStation Camera and Knack Leaked
by Giuseppe Nelva Jun 26th 2013 6:47PM 2 @abriael

PS4-Knack-Bundle-670x349.jpg

Following our post about the content of the PS4 box, one of our commenters posted a mysterious picture that portrays very similar elements, but seems to add to the bundle a copy of Knack and the PlayStation 4 Camera. The picture was apparently found on Sony’s own servers. You can see it above.

Considering the similarity with the picture seen in the previous post, the bundle definitely seems legit. On the other hand we don’t know if this is a still unannounced bundle that will be unveiled in the future, or a bundle that Sony planned to sell, but then scrapped in order to shave off the price of the camera from the console, offering it at a more competitive price. Rumors on this have been floating around quite a lot lately.

For the moment we can only wait and see. We’re either looking at the future, or at an “alternate reality” that might never come to be.

We reached out to Sony for a clarification on the nature of the picture, and will keep you updated if we hear anything relevant.

Source: (Thanks TZuck for the tip)

Picture of a PS4 Bundle with PlayStation Camera and Knack Leaked | DualShockers

Audible101

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Göteborg, Sverige
Smarter thing to do. Motion control is not going to last very long IMO. Wii was fun people got over that, maybe rift will become the new thing:manny:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Coulda used the camera for some Psycho Mantis Level type fukkery.

*you beating the level ending boss's ass while wifey is cheering you on*

*he stops, stares into the screen, " I see your wife is very fond of you....It would be a shame is something were to happen to her......":shaq:*

you :merchant:

Boss: "Did i scare you? Why did your hear rate increase......." :shaq:

Then while your shook boss goes ham on your ass. :dead:

Glad they didnt include it though. :whew:

-DMP-

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The one feature about signing in/assigning controllers is worth the money to me:manny:

How many times have you had to try to sign out or switch over controllers cause your on the wrong side if the screen? Changing profiles can be a hassle

With kinect that is a thing of the past. And that's on top of all of the potential it has of enhancing gameplay.

Ps wanted to "me too" with the camera so they built a lot of the same is functions into the system, then they abandoned all that cause the fanboys told them too:heh:

They keep letting the fanboys run their company at they'll run it into the ground. The light beam on your ds4 will always be a glaring reminder of the wasted potential of the ps eye.:wow:

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
Coulda used the camera for some Psycho Mantis Level type fukkery.

*you beating the level ending boss's ass while wifey is cheering you on*

*he stops, stares into the screen, " I see your wife is very fond of you....It would be a shame is something were to happen to her......":shaq:*

you :merchant:

Boss: "Did i scare you? Why did your hear rate increase......." :shaq:

Then while your shook boss goes ham on your ass. :dead:

Glad they didnt include it though. :whew:

-DMP-
Don't worry...X-Box1 got you covered. ;)

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Xbox stans bringing up fragmentation in this instance is funny to me considering that MS was releasing consoles without an HDD and some games required it.

I don't see a problem with Sony going this route at all.

The first DualShock controller released during the PS1 generation and it wasn't standard. I remember playing Ape Escape and that game really put the DS functionality on the map IMO. It showed a lot of the value in dual analog control which a lot of people at the time may not have seen prior to a game releasing that displayed the controller's use.

That's what needs to happen with these cameras before gamers take it serious when it comes to enhancing the gameplay experience.