Sony Respected Developer Dave Jeffe states "Sony is at its end"

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Thats why its not even that fun to joke with xbox stans about gaming becuase they’ve been wrong for so long they have no problem with continuing to be wrong. It’s like, what’s the point?

Like yall can just say anything and the score would be the same
You say this but an industry pivots fast. This wasn't even 10 years ago. This video basically won Sony the last console generation.

9 years later those physical games that were so important in that video to gamers at the time are damn near a niche product.

There are many companies in the industry that have game streaming and game subscription services. Most of them are half assed committed to them. There is one single company that has 100% committed to game subscriptions as a service.

Almost every other form of media from movies, TV, music has transitioned to subscription services as a business model. Books are slowly doing it too. The real question is when does such a service exist that puts it all together and creates such a value proposition with the right content that gamers go I need that. Once that happens like I said the industry pivots fast.

What you mock Xbox for makes them the perfect candidate to put forth the most successful game streaming service. They have all these resources, money, and limited success in the traditional video game market. They have almost nothing to lose if game streaming / subscriptions take off and everything to gain. Everyone else is the opposite.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Thats why its not even that fun to joke with xbox stans about gaming becuase they’ve been wrong for so long they have no problem with continuing to be wrong. It’s like, what’s the point?

Like yall can just say anything and the score would be the same
:dead:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You say this but an industry pivots fast. This wasn't even 10 years ago. This video basically won Sony the last console generation.

9 years later those physical games that were so important in that video to gamers at the time are damn near a niche product.

There are many companies in the industry that have game streaming and game subscription services. Most of them are half assed committed to them. There is one single company that has 100% committed to game subscriptions as a service.

Almost every other form of media from movies, TV, music has transitioned to subscription services as a business model. Books are slowly doing it too. The real question is when does such a service exist that puts it all together and creates such a value proposition with the right content that gamers go I need that. Once that happens like I said the industry pivots fast.

What you mock Xbox for makes them the perfect candidate to put forth the most successful game streaming service. They have all these resources, money, and limited success in the traditional video game market. They have almost nothing to lose if game streaming / subscriptions take off and everything to gain. Everyone else is the opposite.

Xbox would’ve gotten smoked regardless last gen. The video definitely didn’t help but the problem was lack of games. And it’s been that way since the back half of the 360. They took an entire gen off with last gen even with leadership promising the games were coming. Only have themselves to blame.

They weren’t even the pioneers n the console space with GAAS subscription program either (PS Now was out two years before Gamepass). They have the most popular one primarily due to their exclusives that they do put out being on there day one.

At this point the PS and Nintendo brands are too set and established worldwide for Xbox to overtake. They’re Apple status.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I mean Sony knows in the long run the only way they can even attempt to compete with microsoft when it comes to gaming is to put their flagship system selling games on PC.

Maybe the playstation is still around for the last of us 3. Or maybe by then it will be coming out on xbox and pc after sony becomes the next sega :leon:
Love the sarcasm.

They've blown Xbox out in 2 of the 3 generations they've competed in so far and it's going to be a third with the current gen. :skip:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They already make more profit and revenue too. :ld:
They are also scrambling to change their business plan.

Like i said sony themselves see the writing on the wall. You stan’s just pretend to be blind
Why you ain't accept my friend invite on XBox. You ain't my friend :mjcry:
Didn’t se it :manny:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They are also scrambling to change their business plan.

What's scrambling? :ld:

PS Now was out before Gamepass was it not? :ld:

If they decide to do the one thing that Gamepass has over them (Day 1 exclusives on the service), it'd be curtains. We all know this too.

I fully expect to see Gamepass on Playstation sooner than later. I think MS would be better off going the Netflix route. :yeshrug:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yall thought Phil was gonna give you some new exclusives last gen tho :mjlol:

He did promise every year right? :mjlol:
No lie, in all seriousness. 1st party games don't really mean much to me, like the only company that 1st party matters to me is Nintendo.

Everybody else it's cool but the 1st party titles are so few and far between that it just doesn't matter, among other things.