Sony President wants to increase profit margins with multiplatform releases

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ps plus

AAA games should get two holiday seasons before entering the sub. Notice how both Ragnarok nor Grand Turismo hit ps plus and they’re both still charting right now?
Ok but at the same time they are missing out on maximizing PC revenue releasing the game two or three years later. Besides the bulk of sales come within the first year of release on console.

Most publishers and developers that were apprehensive releasing on pc started with staggard releases at first then they seen the money coming in an are now doing day and date. I’m not saying Sony will do that but like I said the release window will inivetibly become smaller.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Ok but at the same time they are missing out on maximizing PC revenue releasing the game two or three years later. Besides the bulk of sales come within the first year of release on console.

that's why I think 2 years is a sweet spot. Maybe push up to 18 months. But 2 years is sufficient. Don't hurt your console business in the process.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
Still not buying a psanything.

I'll take their shyt on steam if it's good tho, truth be told Idgaf about their output other than the first Spidey.

I'm doing just fine with COD,Madden and 2K

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Still not buying a psanything.

I'll take their shyt on steam if it's good tho, truth be told Idgaf about their output other than the first Spidey.

I'm doing just fine with COD,Madden and 2K

Never understood why cas’s partake in these discussions

Last edited:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's why I think 2 years is a sweet spot. Maybe push up to 18 months. But 2 years is sufficient. Don't hurt your console business in the process.
Sony isn’t in the same position as Microsoft to hurt their console brand with shorter pc release windows. Remember Microsoft was falling before they released their games for PC and Sony has a strong worldwide brand. Not everyone one likes to play games on PC. And for a decent PC the cost is a lot for the average consumer.

Daps
Never understood why cas’s partake in these discussions

Breh your entire existence is sixty-two THOUSAND posts of throwaway console stanley excrement; literally 40+ posts a day on average without pause for over half a decade running. Yet you don't understand the psychology of a drive-by poster with nothing of substantiative value to say? :gucci: Look in the mirror goofball mothafukka :dead:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Breh your entire existence is sixty-two THOUSAND posts of throwaway console stanley excrement; literally 40+ posts a day on average without pause for over half a decade running. Yet you don't understand the psychology of a drive-by poster with nothing of substantiative value to say? :gucci: Look in the mirror goofball mothafukka :dead:

Stop flirting with me fakkit :umad:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sony isn’t in the same position as Microsoft to hurt their console brand with shorter pc release windows. Remember Microsoft was falling before they released their games for PC and Sony has a strong worldwide brand. Not everyone one likes to play games on PC. And for a decent PC the cost is a lot for the average consumer.
I'd still wait a year minimum though.