Sony President wants to increase profit margins with multiplatform releases

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I don't think Sony will move to day one PC releases with AAA, at least not anytime soon. I think we will see more GaaS that releases day/date on PC with the success of Helldivers 2 and a continuing trickle of badly-optimized PC releases of AAA games three years after console release.

They said years ago that day and date on GAAS and Multiplayer games will be done. Big AAA games will hit PC when games sales on consoles stall.

But their games on Xbox and Nintendo ain't happening (cats need to stop using MLB too because baseball mandated that for the license).

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They said years ago that day and date on GAAS and Multiplayer games will be done. Big AAA games will hit PC when games sales on consoles stall.

But their games on Xbox and Nintendo ain't happening (cats need to stop using MLB too because baseball mandated that for the license).
That’s what they said but it seems like with this new nikka in charge he wants to speed PC releases up. I’m not saying day and date yet but I definitely see the window getting smaller between Console and Pc releases.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That’s what they said but it seems like with this new nikka in charge he wants to speed PC releases up. I’m not saying day and date yet but I definitely see the window getting smaller between Console and Pc releases.

Maybe :yeshrug:

But I wouldn't do less than 2 years on AAA Big Budget IPs. That allows the Game Of The Year Version to be released simultaneously on Playstation and PC

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Maybe :yeshrug:

But I wouldn't do less than 2 years on AAA Big Budget IPs. That allows the Game Of The Year Version to be released simultaneously on Playstation and PC

games shouldn’t go to pc until they hit ps plus, which from seeing how badly it hurt HFW’s sales should be two years

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
as a PC gamer, if I did buy a PS5 to only play their exclusives, would I really be the kind of customer they're looking for?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
as a PC gamer, if I did buy a PS5 to only play their exclusives, would I really be the kind of customer they're looking for?

The average ps5 user only spends 600 dollars or so over the lifetime of the console, so yes.

You’d be an above average customer if you bought multiple exclusives

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
No one should be phased by this. With crossplay becoming the norm, this was inevitable. Still, getting timed exclusives with mass released GAAS is a win

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The average ps5 user only spends 600 dollars or so over the lifetime of the console, so yes.

You’d be an above average customer if you bought multiple exclusives
wasn't that stat "life to date"

Fw3RmckWwAkl_t-

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
wasn't that stat "life to date"

Going by that chart you’d still have a higher spend that the average ps5 user if you bought MOST ps5 exclusives for the rest of the generation

Thats not even taking into account whatever additional accessories you may end up buying with the console

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
games shouldn’t go to pc until they hit ps plus, which from seeing how badly it hurt HFW’s sales should be two years
The game hasn’t been released for Horizon forbidden west on PC yet? How did it hurt sales?

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

They gotta be careful IMO because as it stands, the PC users that are willing to wait and buy when it's released a couple of years later are fine with that.

But there are those with a PC and Playstation who want it day one and you don't want to lose those console sales of those who can't wait and buy the console version.

Making their AAA day and date with PC isn't smart for the bigger games as those are system sellers.

Don't fukk up yo fosho trying to get some mo.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Going by that chart you’d still have a higher spend that the average ps5 user if you bought MOST ps5 exclusives for the rest of the generation

Thats not even taking into account whatever additional accessories you may end up buying with the console
how am I hitting $600 (over 3 years?) buying maybe 1-2 games a year?

I'm not buying accessories, subscriptions, or 3rd party games