Sony President wants to increase profit margins with multiplatform releases

Daps
I don't think Sony will move to day one PC releases with AAA, at least not anytime soon. I think we will see more GaaS that releases day/date on PC with the success of Helldivers 2 and a continuing trickle of badly-optimized PC releases of AAA games three years after console release.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I don't think Sony will move to day one PC releases with AAA, at least not anytime soon. I think we will see more GaaS that releases day/date on PC with the success of Helldivers 2 and a continuing trickle of badly-optimized PC releases of AAA games three years after console release.
are badly optimized ports the result of incompetence or malice?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The unoptimized releases were only on the more rushed stuff. The ones that took a few years weren't as problem prevalant.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The only truly bad port was TLOU which is why they probably haven’t announced part 2 for PC yet or Tsushima.
Horizon Zero Dawn was pretty bad at launch. but some issues were patched pretty quick, and then Nixxes really fixed it when they got involved