Sony is BAD at garnering hype and effective communication lately resulting in poor first impressions.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
The conversation wouldn’t be happening because those new games would be an incentive for upgrading.
We’ve all known that Pro consoles were on the way, and honestly I don’t see Xbox’s Pro system being priced much better without taking a loss on every unit sold which defeats the point of a Pro model.

The only mistake PlayStation has made thus far is no built-in disc drive and a very light PS5 exclusive offering.
You're free to have your opinion but do you acknowledge that your opinion isn't the popular one? Only mistake? To me it's like you don't even know why people are upset. There's various reasons and they all are valid

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
That's the thing those games should still be an incentive for you to upgrade if the PS5 pro matters to you like that.

But overall it doesn't, and as of now it seems like it won't even necessarily fix the "problems" with the current games completely.

The series X is a pro system if we keeping it a buck, so I don't think we see anything crazy different from pro games unless specifically built for it, and it only.

What Pro consoles have ever “fixed” the problems?
This is the same spiel we got for the PS4 Pro and the One X, they’re here to make games look a little prettier. If I’m being completely honest Pro consoles were never objectively good value, that’s why it’s aimed at such niche audience.

You're free to have your opinion but do you acknowledge that your opinion isn't the popular one? Only mistake? To me it's like you don't even know why people are upset. There's various reasons and they all are valid

Yes. We wouldn’t be having this conversation if PlayStation had a strong PS5 exclusive library, and a steady lineup of anticipated games.
Yes, the price is steep, but this is intended to be a premium product. Par for the course.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What Pro consoles have ever “fixed” the problems?
This is the same spiel we got for the PS4 Pro and the One X, they’re here to make games look a little prettier. If I’m being completely honest Pro consoles were never objectively good value, that’s why it’s aimed at such niche audience.

Yes. We wouldn’t be having this conversation if PlayStation had a strong PS5 exclusive library, and a steady lineup of anticipated games.
Yes, the price is steep, but this is intended to be a premium product. Par for the course.
The PS4 pro and Xbox 1 x come to mine as great mid generation refreshers

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont think they are particularly bad at generating hype, They just became arrogant due to holding the crown in terms of market share.

Fast forward 2024 there's not that many exclusive games, the prices are only going up and they became what they making fun off in terms of game development management(MS).

When they had to be competitive a few years back with PS4 at the beginning and same with PS5 everything was going well. They were making great games and reigning with people loving and buying their shyt. I had every Sony console up to PS5 but with moves like PRO any sober thinking gamer should bounce off this new announcement.

But when i see people instead of saying fvck off to them after this price announcement already counting their pennies to get the PRO i think this stan shyt has gone WAY too far and people are clearly brainwashed.

Buy the PRO brehs, next gen we gon pay 700 for the base next gen yall:snoop:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Really depends on which way the wind is blowing.

Either sony has a monopoly or the switch outsold the ps2 and will lose 3rd party support to nintendo
Sony has a monopoly on gaming, but not in this part of the clause because Switch outsold the PS2.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
How would you know what I been saying if you didn't read....

boom.gif
Feel free to act like you don't read my post, you know how often nikkaz say that then they respond to everything I ever written? Let's move on...

It's true that last gen Microsoft didn't have much towards the middle and end but they had tons of games at launch and had plans but people was afraid of being connected :facepalm: and so the power of the cloud was no longer an option.

But you're speaking on the now and you're so wrong that it's laughable. No company in video game history has as much incoming as Microsoft does right now. They bought up dozens of AAA studios and they have 1st party games scheduled for every month for the next few years.

And your response to that is we're all in the same boat? :wtf:
Sony literally only has LEGO horizon adventures for the rest of the year. Xbox pushing games back so they can fit into windows. Every Xbox game is pre determined to be bad by people who talk like you. Avowed looks amazing, but if you believe the majority of voices? It looks bad and controls bad. So we're in the same horizon Lego adventures boat!!!! Hellblade 2? Voices not yappin so it's probably worse than the original which was highly praised by Sony gamers when it was exclusive on the ps3. It's not the best looking game out today.

Speaking of looks, Ryse still looks better than most games released today. Voices told you it was a bad game huh man? You should try it, you'll be shocked at what's reality and what's narrative :manny:

You're yapping at the wind breh, I'm an Xbox fan and play primarily on my Xbox, I play it way more than my PS5 but you know damn well that the issue for them for years was no games. That's the reason they're having tp release the games they have now on other systems because their marketshare is down mainly because they didn't give anyone an incentive to buy the systems. Yeah the games are coming but they ain't here now are they? There's a reason why my backlog is shrinking and it's because there ain't no current gen shyt to play.

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
Marketing works with what they get. :manny:

Announcing the PS5 Pro without any upcoming games to showcase how games are going to look so much better with the Pro in mind is just a dumbass move.