Sony is BAD at garnering hype and effective communication lately resulting in poor first impressions.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Then whats the point :dwillhuh:
This means nothing. 30/60fps is a design choice and 95% or more of the games released this gen on PS5/Series X has 60fps modes. Even Spider-Man 2, Rebirth and other "BIG" games had 60fps modes. I cannot think of a major game that released without 60fps modes this gen. Literally there may be less than 5 games total on PS5/Series X without a 60fps mode.

Issue has mainly been image quality in performance modes. I think GTA VI will have a 60fps mode even on the base consoles with obvious concessions.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
For all of you guys that bemoan "Sony stans" as incessantly defensive, don't say I never been objective. :ufdup:

Looking at you @Thavoiceofthevoiceless @MeachTheMonster @The Mad Titan .

Anyway, Sony is quite terrible lately at garnering hype and stumbling with communications with their fans. With the reveal of the Pro, stupid communications has now let the narrative become controlled by bad faith arguments by haters, ignorance from less tech savvy gamers, and legitimate gripes/critiques is being drowned out by the noise for the aforementioned.

WHY would you reveal a mid-gen refresh leading with TLOU PT2 remastered? It's a looker no doubt, but it's essentially a PS4 game at it's core. 9 minutes is not even enough to get shorty going if you get what I mean.:shaq:

So you showcase it with some PS4 games, and a quick side by side lasting a few seconds of games that's already out. Cool, but that could've been something you do during a longer presentation while showing UPCOMING games(not necessarily NEW unknown games) and then at the end announce the state of play where new worldwide exclusives will be revealed. Why didn't they show us Wukong, Rebirth, Elden Ring or any of the big games that are out NOW with a longer demonstration? Instead, they just showed a few older titles for a mere few seconds that doesn't showcase a big difference outside of obvious framerate improvements for quality modes. I've been in conversations with some IRL that think they're rereleasing TLOU! :mjlol:

The average gamer/consumer is very ignorant to tech and don't understand simple shyt at times so how you present something needs to be explained in detail loudly. Those "list of supported pro games" should have been SHOWN and demonstrated and clearly explained in the showcase but 9 minutes doesn't allow that.

The price is expensive, sure. I would bet you though that had they did a better job at SHOWING a lot of games, how PSSR(Ai upscaler) works on older titles that aren't supported and emphasized a slate of games to be presented in mere days/weeks the initial reception would've been much better imo.

I think they should've made the SSD just 1TB with the disc drive included because that's easier to upgrade as prices can be found for cheaper but no disc drive LOOKS worse even though a 1TB SSD can be had for around the same price. Most people didn't even talk about the 2TB SSD because it's whatever. If someone was upgrading their PS5 to a Pro and had an additional SSD installed, logic would say they would take it out and put it in the Pro so idk. Dumb thinking imo there.

Now for the hype part, it's been years since we saw anything BIG from Sony that has generated hype outside of the 3rd party exclusives(Rebirth is my GOTY though).

If Sony doesn't reveal wtf ND is doing as well as some other studios of theirs, they're failing BIG time. Say what you want about Xbox, they will generate hype for their fans even though they deliver nothing mostly. Sony hasn't had a GREAT showcase since years ago after E3 was bushed. We need live stage presentations with crowds, long demonstrations and announcements.

I get not wanting to blow their load early and then having lackluster showcases due to lack of things to talk about but at least tease. A logo for a new IP/game would go a long way. All year they've had some pretty stupid setbacks PR wise that are annoying.

IRl it's not changing anything in regards to sales and whatnot but we've been waiting for years now only to be met with cancellations of Factions, and radio silence from ND and a few other studios since. I don't even need to mention the way Concord was rolled out as that convo has been beaten to death.
Didn't read, I'm sure it was some self reflection/introspect. And then the reveal that your gay. We already knew y'all had an all male Epstein island type cult going on, Sonytoligy is a freaky ass religion :francis:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Didn't read, I'm sure it was some self reflection/introspect. And then the reveal that your gay. We already knew y'all had an all male Epstein island type cult going on, Sonytoligy is a freaky ass religion :francis:
Trust me, whatever projection you had of me isn't more gayer than you sleeping on a mattress that another man slept, farted, nutted and swamp assed on for years that you felt was a good deal. I'm sure your nose was perched up on the exact corner some nikka say his sweaty ass on for years.

200w.gif

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ill-wait.gif

Yall been eating up them selling you the same thing over and over for a premium price tag. Not sure what you expected to happen :yeshrug:
And tbh if they would have shown new game footage this conversation wouldn't even be happening because yall would be deep throating said games mad hype ready to spend money no questions asked.

But without the hype stans can't just drown out the narrative. Now people are admitting they really haven't have any 1st bangers like that and that sony has been screwing them all generation. :mjlol:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
:stop:
whatever projection you had of me isn't more gayer than you sleeping on a mattress that another man slept
You mean like in a hotel?
, farted, nutted and swamp assed on for years that you felt was a good deal.
I compared it to a broken TV and a PS3, Then you reacted like Trump supporters by ignoring reality and running with the narrative that you continue to push till this day. You know, like saying Trump didn't lose the election. Same exact tactic, meanwhile you at that time period was gaming with me. All the newest Sony games were played together at this same time

Make it make sense
I'm sure your nose was perched up on the exact corner some nikka say his sweaty ass on for years.

200w.gif
Notice this bottom did not deny that he was a bottom. He'll probably angrily respond that his partner is the bottom but my first reply in this post sums it up :manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:stop:

You mean like in a hotel?

I compared it to a broken TV and a PS3, Then you reacted like Trump supporters by ignoring reality and running with the narrative that you continue to push till this day. You know, like saying Trump didn't lose the election. Same exact tactic, meanwhile you at that time period was gaming with me. All the newest Sony games were played together at this same time

Make it make sense

Notice this bottom did not deny that he was a bottom. He'll probably angrily respond that his partner is the bottom but my first reply in this post sums it up :manny:
Nobody cares about this babbling you're doing here. All your posts nowadays boils down to nonsense, with a Trump analogy and misplaced smilies. You're washed up unc.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
The truth is, MS and Sony are suffering from the same issues right now. Problem is MS has been suffering from that issue a lot longer and that is, there are hardly any new worthwhile games to play. Astrobot is a new game but I really don't have any interest in it.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Nobody cares about this babbling you're doing here. All your posts nowadays boils down to nonsense, with a Trump analogy and misplaced smilies. You're washed up unc.
How would you know what I been saying if you didn't read....

boom.gif
Feel free to act like you don't read my post, you know how often nikkaz say that then they respond to everything I ever written? Let's move on...
The truth is, MS and Sony are suffering from the same issues right now. Problem is MS has been suffering from that issue a lot longer and that is, there are hardly any new worthwhile games to play. Astrobot is a new game but I really don't have any interest in it.
It's true that last gen Microsoft didn't have much towards the middle and end but they had tons of games at launch and had plans but people was afraid of being connected :facepalm: and so the power of the cloud was no longer an option.

But you're speaking on the now and you're so wrong that it's laughable. No company in video game history has as much incoming as Microsoft does right now. They bought up dozens of AAA studios and they have 1st party games scheduled for every month for the next few years.

And your response to that is we're all in the same boat? :wtf:
Sony literally only has LEGO horizon adventures for the rest of the year. Xbox pushing games back so they can fit into windows. Every Xbox game is pre determined to be bad by people who talk like you. Avowed looks amazing, but if you believe the majority of voices? It looks bad and controls bad. So we're in the same horizon Lego adventures boat!!!! Hellblade 2? Voices not yappin so it's probably worse than the original which was highly praised by Sony gamers when it was exclusive on the ps3. It's not the best looking game out today.

Speaking of looks, Ryse still looks better than most games released today. Voices told you it was a bad game huh man? You should try it, you'll be shocked at what's reality and what's narrative :manny:

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
ill-wait.gif

Yall been eating up them selling you the same thing over and over for a premium price tag. Not sure what you expected to happen :yeshrug:
And tbh if they would have shown new game footage this conversation wouldn't even be happening because yall would be deep throating said games mad hype ready to spend money no questions asked.

But without the hype stans can't just drown out the narrative. Now people are admitting they really haven't have any 1st bangers like that and that sony has been screwing them all generation. :mjlol:

The conversation wouldn’t be happening because those new games would be an incentive for upgrading.
We’ve all known that Pro consoles were on the way, and honestly I don’t see Xbox’s Pro system being priced much better without taking a loss on every unit sold which defeats the point of a Pro model.

The only mistake PlayStation has made thus far is no built-in disc drive and a very light PS5 exclusive offering.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The conversation wouldn’t be happening because those new games would be an incentive for upgrading.
We’ve all known that Pro consoles were on the way, and honestly I don’t see Xbox’s Pro system being priced much better without taking a loss on every unit sold which defeats the point of a Pro model.

The only mistake PlayStation has made thus far is no built-in disc drive and a very light PS5 exclusive offering.
That's the thing those games should still be an incentive for you to upgrade if the PS5 pro matters to you like that.

But overall it doesn't, and as of now it seems like it won't even necessarily fix the "problems" with the current games completely.

The series X is a pro system if we keeping it a buck, so I don't think we see anything crazy different from pro games unless specifically built for it, and it only.