Sony introduces the world to Next Gen

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This article gonna piss some people off. But this is for the people who claim that the Xbox Series X "fukked up" focusing on CPU and GPU.

Scorn Interview: Delving Inside the Xbox Series X Exclusive - MSPoweruser

So all this talk of the Series X "botching next gen" is just ridiculous.

Edit: And like I said CPUs aid in A.I, physics, etc. Especially going from these trash ass Jag CPUs.

think this is understood.

If we had better cpus in the current gen consoles, we could probably have gotten 1080p60 out the gate, esp in closed environments like consoles.

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug: "Honestly i'm cool with my PS4 for now. Plenty of dope titles to get to still. Besides how much better can graphics possibly get in the next generation? We're due for a plateau at some point anyway"

*watches OP vid

tenor.gif

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Marketing at work:snoop:

from searching, it seems Xbox Series X SSD is at 2.4gb/second

so not actual marketing ploy at work here.. its half the speed of the PS5 SSD, thats just facts currently.

Dont trip, PC's average SSD speed is 600 mb/second, way slower than both. It all depends how the game developers choose to structure the games for their respective platforms.

The SSD in the PS5 is so fast because theyre banking developers to have it take load off the GPU to enhance game play.

Microsoft might be working with devs in another way.

SoSoSlick

Still gettin it!
Daps
Reppin
PG County
from searching, it seems Xbox Series X SSD is at 2.4gb/second

so not actual marketing ploy at work here.. its half the speed of the PS5 SSD, thats just facts currently.

Dont trip, PC's average SSD speed is 600 mb/second, way slower than both. It all depends how the game developers choose to structure the games for their respective platforms.

The SSD in the PS5 is so fast because theyre banking developers to have it take load off the GPU to enhance game play.

Microsoft might be working with devs in another way.
It aint facts that XB games will look worse because the SSD is slower. Stop it breh. Believing that is indeed Marketing at work or just blind thinking.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
It aint facts that XB games will look worse because the SSD is slower. Stop it breh. Believing that is indeed Marketing at work.
:wtf:

are you retarded? read my post. Actually read it. I never said xbox games will look worse because the SSD is slower.. I said the opposite, I said they will work with developers to use alternative ways to enhance games..

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Meach you get my vote for WOAT poster of the year. Hell WOAT poster of the forever....

I’m sick of you twisting the truth and acting like you don’t understand shyt to prove a point.

It’s embarrassing.

SoSoSlick

Still gettin it!
Daps
Reppin
PG County
:wtf:

are you retarded? read my post. Actually read it. I never said xbox games will look worse because the SSD is slower.. I said the opposite, I said they will work with developers to use alternative ways to enhance games..
Read the thread. The post you quoted and seemingly defended in your reply was in response to a dude sayin that games wont look better on XSX due to the SSD being slower.
There wasnt a dispute on the speed of the SSDs themselves......

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Read the thread. The post you quoted and seemingly defended in your reply was in response to a dude sayin that games wont look better on XSX due to the SSD being slower.
There wasnt a dispute on the speed of the SSDs themselves......

Again, I ask, what does your reply have to do with my reply. Forget the discussion prior. I gave an explanation, and you gave an off the wall response.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
think this is understood.

If we had better cpus in the current gen consoles, we could probably have gotten 1080p60 out the gate, esp in closed environments like consoles.
No we couldn’t have.

It’s like y’all don’t understand that PC hardware exists.

We have all the examples we need. For even 1080p 60fps you would have needed hardware far beyond what could be had at $500 in 2013