Sony introduces the world to Next Gen

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
So epic says this tech can scale all the way down to mobile devices.

But I thought the narrative was that in order to have real “next gen graphics” old hardware had to be ignored.

Someone please explain this anomaly to me @Jesus is my protector???

:ohhh:
You're talking about tech/engine. Me and @Fatboi1 were talking about GAMES being developed.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So epic says this tech can scale all the way down to mobile devices.

But I thought the narrative was that in order to have real “next gen graphics” old hardware had to be ignored.

Someone please explain this anomaly to me @Jesus is my protector???

:ohhh:
Lots of things will be turned off and changed. Hey you don't have to upgrade to next gen consoles man :troll:. Xbox One X can play Halo Infinite :troll:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You're talking about tech/engine. Me and @Fatboi1 were talking about GAMES being developed.
That don’t make sense.

Games need tech/engines to exist.

What I always said was that modern game engines were made to scale.

This is a modern game engine and it was built from the ground up to scale to a wide variety of hardware.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Lots of things will be turned off and changed. Hey you don't have to upgrade to next gen consoles man :troll:. Xbox One X can play Halo Infinite :troll:
Obviously lots of things will be turned down/off.

Y’all’s narrative going in was that things couldn’t be turned down/off. Devs just had to ignore old hardware to advance.

So is IOS holding Unreal 5 back????:ohhh:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
That’s don’t make sense.

Games need tech/engines to exist.

What I always said was that modern game engines were made to scale.

This is a modern game engine and it was built from the ground up to scale to a wide variety of hardware.
Can you show us Cyberpunk 2077 running on the Nintendo Switch? Or COD 4 running on the PS2 when the PS2 was still selling crazy around that year.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Obviously lots of things will be turned down/off.

Y’all’s narrative going in was that things couldn’t be turned down/off. Devs just had to ignore old hardware to advance.

So is IOS holding Unreal 5 back????:ohhh:
The engine is supported though many features will likely be unavailable and poor on older devices so most likely certain games will not even bother with certain hardware. Doesn't mean they'll just make a PS5/XsX game and then turn off of a few features and have it on a weak Android phone. Like, Arkham Knight is made with Unreal Engine 4 and UE4 is supported on Android/IOS. Doesn't mean Arkham Knight will be doable the way it's intended for a tablet.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Can you show us Cyberpunk 2077 running on the Nintendo Switch? Or COD 4 running on the PS2 when the PS2 was still selling crazy around that year.
Again. If the devs wanted to port those games down they could.

We see games like Doom and The Witcher being ported down to switch right now.

It’s economics. If the devs felt it was worth it. They’d port it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The engine is supported though many features will likely be unavailable and poor on older devices so most likely certain games will not even bother with certain hardware. Doesn't mean they'll just make a PS5/XsX game and then turn off of a few features and have it on a weak Android phone. Like, Arkham Knight is made with Unreal Engine 4 and UE4 is supported on Android/IOS. Doesn't mean Arkham Knight will be doable the way it's intended for a tablet.
Sure everything can’t be scaled.

but epics own words is that this demo is scaleable tied to resolution.

Lower the resolution for lower hardware.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Again. If the devs wanted to port those games down they could.

We see games like Doom and The Witcher being ported down to switch right now.

It’s economics. If the devs felt it was worth it. They’d port it.
Isn't the Switch getting an inferior version? I mean yea COD 4 was also ported down to the Wii and yet it was such an inferior version at the time.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
This article gonna piss some people off. But this is for the people who claim that the Xbox Series X "fukked up" focusing on CPU and GPU.

“We didn’t [want to bring Scorn to current-gen consoles] because we want our game to be played at 60FPS. That would be close to impossible without big sacrifices. Next-gen is about responsiveness, smoothness and a lot less time wasting. The problem with these features is that they are not easy to sell in videos or screenshots.”

With so much focus on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 revolving around the move from mechanical hard drives to solid state storage, Peklar believes that the biggest change between this generation and the next is on the pure power afforded by the CPU at the heart of Series X.

Everyone is touting the SSD as the next big thing, and yes SSDs will help a lot with loading and moving assets, but the biggest culprit that is creating problems in the current generation is the CPU,” Peklar explained to us. “That’s where the biggest difference compared to current generation will come from.
Scorn Interview: Delving Inside the Xbox Series X Exclusive - MSPoweruser

So all this talk of the Series X "botching next gen" is just ridiculous.

Edit: And like I said CPUs aid in A.I, physics, etc. Especially going from these trash ass Jag CPUs.

Last edited: