Sony hiring a manager to "identify and execute inorganic growth opportunities through acquisitions, investments or joint ventures"

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Microsoft forced Sony to make acquisitions and abandon organic growth :skip:
Well yeah, but they didn’t abandon organic growth. Just added a position for inorganic acquisitions similar to what M$ is doing

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Sounds like a M$ problem to me.

:manny:
Seems y’all have got away from the initial point.

What difference would it have for consumers if microsoft just moneyhatted all the major 3rd party games as opposed to buying the publishers? :sas1:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Seems y’all have got away from the initial point.

What difference would it have for consumers if microsoft just moneyhatted all the major 3rd party games as opposed to buying the publishers? :sas1:
Nothing. if they (or anyone) purchased close to 20 developers within the span of 2 years I still wouldn’t agree with it

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
And it's the reason capitalism needs strong regulations. Consolidation has never been beneficial for any industry in the long run. I don't know why yall think this time will be different.
Who is saying regulation isn’t needed? Blocking company acquisitions because you simply don’t like them is not regulation. If you can’t actually display the harm a merger will actually cause to consumers then there isn’t a reason to stop it.

I think when a company owns 70% of a segment of the market that’s not a good thing. It’s never a good thing for consumers for a single company to dominate anything.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
I could see them picking up Bloober Team depending how the Silent Hill 2 remake goes.

I'd be sad to see that, The Medium was the first big release I played on my Xbox and Sony would definitely make the sequel exclusive.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Nothing. if they (or anyone) purchased close to 20 developers within the span of 2 years I still wouldn’t agree with it
So when I say market consolidation already exists due to third party exclusivity agreements and shouldn’t exist do you disagree?