SONY Execs Warned Not To Cast Denzel Washington In Big Budget Movies Because Black Leads Flop

Adidacs

All Star
Daps
I want to say something, but I didn't go see The Equalizer either :mjlol:

You made a good decision, breh.

shyt was :scust:

I streamed it though, lol. :lolbron:

Those agencies do get hit ( Esp by Hackers from China and other groups outside of the USA ). Its usually the lower level government sites that get hit the hardest LOL. I"m sure alot of their systems ( CIA, NSA ) have no way in from the outside world. I've been to the NSA a couple of times and there's no such thing as a door knob at that place( just about everything requires a card ).

Reasons why companies like Sony get hit and exposed like this is because of the higher ups not taking security seriously.

:merchant:

This may be a stupid question, but do y'all think North Korea could be behind this?

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
the role denzel played was an odd one,the film was wack too me,not because of denzel,just the story line:flabbynsick:

denzel needs to make another "inside man":whoo::blessed:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i do believe black acts can sell, blade started the whole serious comic book adaptation and snipes gets absolutely no credit for it.

"The Crow" actually.

Fred.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Thing is, they weren't lying.

When it comes to making MONEY they have to think about shyt like that with overseas audiences.

Except this "unamed" producer is lying his ass off wanting you to think overseas audiences are anymore racist than back home...Hes giving himself a pass to be a bigot and extend those beliefs to his job...EVERYWHERE overseas is that much more racist than the 70% in America,based on what ? You mean the rest of the world which is minority cac is more racist than majority cac america,of course he doesnt expound on that he just says it as matter of fact i should believe it because hes a film producer

Hes a racist SOB with safety net excuses :camby:

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
I'm just trying to figure out why these so called hackers are going after Sony? Why don't they go after the federal government?

there's plenty of hackers that hit the pentagon every single day as well as other government agencies. in fact the USPS employee database got hit last month. What you think its one group of hackers that exist lol?

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
don't see any cism here stop reaching. didn't see the equalizer cause it looks generic as fukk but now i will to support the gawd denzel:myman:

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
I hardly ever see black leads for big budget films that aren't Will Smith or Denzel Washington. We honestly aren't given the chance in the first place for big budget international films so how are they so certain that we would come up short?

Meanwhile there are countless examples of white leads flopping and the machine trying to manufacture white stars and still coming up short but just like in every other facet in life white folk always get 1000 and 1 chances more than everybody else.

bright black

All Star
Daps
if a movie audience can be "racist" then that shyt applies to america as well...america is "racist" and promotes itself as an archetype for all other nations on the planet...the anti black programming america gives to its country is the same programming it gives every other country on earth...

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I say we invest in Nollywood. Could you imagine if Nollywood was supported by black Americans and blacks in other African countries? All black sci-fi, actions, comedy, etc. There would be no need for an audience outside of Africa and the black diaspora.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I say we invest in Nollywood. Could you imagine if Nollywood was supported by black Americans and blacks in other African countries? All black sci-fi, actions, comedy, etc. There would be no need for an audience outside of Africa and the black diaspora.

Nigeria is not a place you want to invest in now re: oil prices

bright black

All Star
Daps
Another example of "invasion of privacy" being of more harm to white racists than another other group.

the people talking about invasion of privacy full o' shyt...they wouldnt read or repost these private emails if they really respect privacy...the only privacy people truly care about is their own...

Last edited:

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if a movie audience can be "racist" then that shyt applies to america as well...america is "racist" and promotes itself as an archetype for all other nations on the planet...the anti black programming america gives to its country is the same programming it gives every other country on earth...

I agree the image of blacks have progressively gotten worse. And not just in the States. However, it is partly our fault. We've supported shows like love & hiphop, real housewives, and countless rap caricatures that degrade our image on an international level.