SONY Execs Warned Not To Cast Denzel Washington In Big Budget Movies Because Black Leads Flop

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Hollywood been racist, I don't get why some of you find any of this surprising.
Well for me it's not really about being surprised it's just interesting. It's always sobering to see just how deep-rooted white racism truly is. Some whites just cant help themselves. They can smile all in your face but deep down they'll always see you as something different. Even whites who claim not to personally harbor racist feelings perpetuate systematic white supremacy and this illustrates this as well(similarly to the Atlanta Hawks letter). I also find it telling that the media is talking about everything except the racism angle of this story. Some are actually defending Sony trying to paint them as the victim, trying to shame anyone who prints the emails.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Perry and Oprah

Speaking to CNN, Oprah Winfrey offered another take on the leaks. "I would hope that we would not stand in such harsh judgment of a moment in time where someone was hacked and their private conversations were put before the world," Winfrey said.

Producer, director and actor Tyler Perry echoed Winfrey's statements in a separate interview with CNN.

"I think we all make stupid mistakes, and may say stupid things or a joke here or there, but unfortunately this all came back to haunt [Amy Pascal]," Perry said. "But I do not believe she is a racist."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/15/ava-duvernay-sony-emails_n_6329276.html

Man why the fukk do black folks keep caping for white people :mindblown:?

luvaznpoon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
carries over into the video game and comicbook industry as well :yeshrug:

its funny how everyone knows cacs wont support black protags as much, while still claiming there's no such thing as racism. meanwhile, we dont understand the shyt because we grew up on the same white media they grew up on.

:wow:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i do believe black acts can sell, blade started the whole serious comic book adaptation and snipes gets absolutely no credit for it.

but i'm saying, black leads usually under perform when compared to white protags with similar budgets.

Its partly because we don't come out and support to compensate for those who will not watch it because the lead is black..

The only thing we show up for are Tyler Perry flicks, and as of late, Kevin Hart flicks

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Many folks have said on this thread that Will Smith is the exception on black actors doing big overseas. Why? What makes him that exceptional, compared to a Denzel?

Also, does the leak indicate how much promo was done overseas? Where the promos were done? Did they hit markets with lots of black viewers? And what was their marketing budget overseas?

I want some receipts brehs :feedme:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That was exactly what I said when I saw the trailer, but by the time it came out I forgot all about it :manny:

Was it good? :lupe:

Nah, it was pretty terrible. It was like an extremely inferior version of "Man On Fire".

Fred.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its partly because we don't come out and support to compensate for those who will not watch it because the lead is black..

The only thing we show up for are Tyler Perry flicks, and as of late, Kevin Hart flicks

i mean, partially, i guess. but you cant blame us for the lack of international sales. white supremacy is global and asians, indians, europeans, etc shy away from black leads as well.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I know this first hand I work in IT Infrastructure. My point is i certainly don't care about Sony being hacked but It would be more worth while to hack the pentagon, CIA, NSA, etc. Rather than make demands about some movies lol.

I setup a honeypot network and IDS for my company. Penetration attacks are done hourly....

Those agencies do get hit ( Esp by Hackers from China and other groups outside of the USA ). Its usually the lower level government sites that get hit the hardest LOL. I"m sure alot of their systems ( CIA, NSA ) have no way in from the outside world. I've been to the NSA a couple of times and there's no such thing as a door knob at that place( just about everything requires a card ). I kind you not, they made me use one of these
Phone.rotator%20image.jpg
to make an outside phone call..lol

Reasons why companies like Sony get hit and exposed like this is because of the higher ups not taking security seriously.

Last edited: