Sony E3 2018 Press Conference (9PM EST/6PM PDT)

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Not hating and I'm probably not.

I got bored as fukk playing the last arkahm game.

Last Spider-Man movie I enjoyed had Toby in it.

Everything they show about this game other than the open world swinging looks heavily scripted and mindless.

Not my type of thing at all:manny:

How you get bored playing batman tho that arkham series was legendary!!???? :mindblown:

Last edited:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Coli always going to Coli..Microsoft bought 5 studios and all of a sudden y'all want to crown them like you haven't seen what has happened to the last studios they purchased.

Sony dropped GoW and Detroit this year with Spiderman coming later this year...MS has dropped Cuphead and Sea of Thieves with Jump Force coming this year.

We're closing the generation out with TLOU2, GoT and Days Gone vs Forza, Gears and Halo.

It all speaks for itself.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How you get bored playing batman tho that arkham series was legendary!!???? :mindblown:
First game was cool. After that the gameplay was too shallow to keep me hooked. That combat is basically QTE with visual clues instead of button prompts. Spiderman looks the same.

Don't know why they took the serious cinematic approach. Spider-Man would be the perfect game for insomniacs crazy/humorous sandbox style of story and gameplay.

But they went the boring/safe route and made another serious in tone emotional cinematic movie game like the rest of Sony's games.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
First game was cool. After that the gameplay was too shallow to keep me hooked. That combat is basically QTE with visual clues instead of button prompts. Spiderman looks the same.

Don't know why they took the serious cinematic approach. Spider-Man would be the perfect game for insomniacs crazy/humorous sandbox style of story and gameplay.

But they went the boring/safe route and made another serious in tone emotional cinematic movie game like the rest of Sony's games.
You sound miserable dog. :smh:

How do you watch that and fix yourself up to say it doesn't have the sandbox "story/gameplay" of Insomniac games? The nikka is zipping throughout the city, juggling foes with cool combos and webbing shyt around him to fight while cracking jokes but you say it's too serious and "cinematic". Your fanboyism is clouding your judgement.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

While I agree that the first Arkham game was the best the series was pretty good at keeping things fresh.

Batman being a detective holds up better than I think a Spider-Man trilogy would and that's my biggest concern with the new spidey games.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz

How do you watch that and fix yourself up to say it doesn't have the sandbox "story/gameplay" of Insomniac games? The nikka is zipping throughout the city, juggling foes with cool combos and webbing shyt around him to fight while cracking jokes but you say it's too serious and "cinematic". Your fanboyism is clouding your judgement.

this rhetoric has plagued this game since its first showing.

I think they should have showed the openworld game play (which looks very good and free flowing) that they showed after the conference and led up to the set piece.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

I clearly said everything other than the open world web swinging.

Those are just the mindless random thug encounters which get old quick especially with that shallow combat.

In all the story stuff they've shown it's heavily scripted with them taking control of spidey for cinematic reasons every two seconds with huge explosions and Spider-Man running around (seemingly) killing folks.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

I think they should have showed the openworld game play (which looks very good and free flowing) that they showed after the conference and led up to the set piece.
It's clear the open world gameplay is there, but it doesn't seem the missions are based around that idea. The web slinging looks fun, but how long is that gonna stay compelling?

There seems to be nothing in the world that makes you want to explore/test spideys abilities. Looks empty except for the random thugs.

They have not shown a mission with dynamic sandbox gameplay. Just that scripted stuff.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
While I agree that the first Arkham game was the best the series was pretty good at keeping things fresh.

Batman being a detective holds up better than I think a Spider-Man trilogy would and that's my biggest concern with the new spidey games.
After the first nothing about the arkahm games I would describe as "fresh"

They added the batmobile and that was absolutely trash.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

My only gripe with the arkham series was the last one and the reliance on the batmobile and the last boss fight... it did have alot of great moments and a good story...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

notice how those who espouse this rhetoric ignores the gameplay that is shown. So gameplay video exists of doing said things as well as a cover feature but we're supposed to entertain someone claiming the game only has scripted set pieces for missions? How come i know this and specific folks seem oblivious?