Sony & Disney’s Marvel Team On Third ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Title

Jards

All Star
Daps
Sounds like they’re gonna send him off to the multiverse. You know damn well Sony wants a Spider-Man vs Venom movie.

this will give marvel the chance to write Spider-Man out of mcu
Makes sense - Multiverse of Madness is the movie before

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Happy he's back but if I was a Sony exec or employee, I'm not sure I'm happy about that deal. Disney gonna keep creeping up until they take all the profits from them.

yeah, but Sony has the power in this situation clearly. Spidey will always print money regardless of Disney trying to Deebo. The success of their non MCU movies right now makes the situation easier as well.

No one again in their right mind is going to take a trash deal when you are the one that owns the character. Sony's new CEO was promoted from CFO. He ain't dumb.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like they’re gonna send him off to the multiverse. You know damn well Sony wants a Spider-Man vs Venom movie.

this will give marvel the chance to write Spider-Man out of mcu

Don’t see how either of these are related, there’s nothing that happened in the first Venom movie that made it impossible for Venom to suddenly exist in the same universe as MCU spidey.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I also wonder if this has anything to do with it as well?

Disney Inks Expanded Distribution Deal With PlayStation Vue

Disney Inks Expanded Distribution Deal With PlayStation Vue
8:39 AM PDT 9/27/2019 by Patrick Shanley

• EMAIL ME

twdc_psvue-780x405_copy.jpg

Courtesy of Disney

The new deal will bring the newly-acquired FX and National Geographic channels to the platform, among other offerings.
The Walt Disney Company will keep offering content to PlayStation Vue — Sony's OTT streaming service that launched in 2014 — and its customers as the company unveiled a comprehensive distribution agreement Friday morning.

The new deal expands on the previous agreement and includes the newly-acquired FX and National Geographic networks — which Disney attained as part of its 20th Century Fox merger earlier this year — as well as ESPN’s new ACC Network.

Additional Disney-owned channels that will continue to be offered through PlayStation Vue include ABC, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, Freeform, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPNEWS, ESPN Deportes, ESPN College Extra, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Bases Loaded, SEC Network, ACC Network, Longhorn Network, FX, FXX, FXM, Fox Life, National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild, Nat Geo Mundo, BabyTV and ABC News Live.

Overall, PlayStation Vue offers 80 channels. As of May, the service has over 800,000 total subscribers. The service is supported by devices outside of the PlayStation family of consoles (though it is, of course, available on the PlayStation 3 and 4 systems), including Roku players, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Android TV, as well as various mobile devices.

Sean Breen, senior vp, Disney media distribution, calls PS VUE "an attractive offering" and said Disney "look forward to continue serving subscribers the full value of our content."

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
they wanted more than 25. Mickey wanted 50/50 on top of the merchandise. Like I said, once the foxy brown math went out the window, they came back to earth. 25 percent plus the early gross and the merchandise is more than enough
They had merchandise rights before this deal, Sony sold it to them. Its business 101 to high ball at first in negotiations

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Hopefully they can continue negotiating on a long term deal. Otherwise, these movies will probably be written in a way to send Holland off to the Sonyverse and leave the MCU behind.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They had merchandise rights before this deal, Sony sold it to them. Its business 101 to high ball at first in negotiations
They were never losing those rights tho. That was already there. Yeah you start high but you don’t start that damn high lol. We all said, well most of us anyway, that a 25% profit makes more sense.