Sony & Disney’s Marvel Team On Third ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Title

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
The new deal was signed late on Thursday night. Negotiations involved top players from both studios, including Sony Pictures chief Tom Rothman, Feige, and Walt Disney Studios head Alan Horn. In exchange for lending Feige’s producing prowess, Marvel and Disney will receive roughly 25% of the profits, according to insiders. Disney will retain its merchandising rights. As part of the arrangement, Spider-Man will also appear in one future Marvel Studios film.

Looks like Disney got what they wanted
Spider-Man Will Stay in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The fact that this news dropped on my B-day :wow:

jsfvzf47m5p31.jpg

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Breh my boy said that shyt and I’ve never forgotten it. We were talking about the reported split Disney wanted and the numbers and he said “Mickey doing foxy brown math right now. That shyt don’t add up at all”:russ:

Mickey wanted to give Sony a 360.....shyt more like a 720 deal. :mjlol:

Spiderman is Marvel's premier character....they were trying to be ridiculously greedy at Disney. shyt made no sense. fukk I look like taking a deal where I earn less than a fully self funded and promoted Venon movie that made almost 250 million less. :skip:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
they wanted more than 25. Mickey wanted 50/50 on top of the merchandise. Like I said, once the foxy brown math went out the window, they came back to earth. 25 percent plus the early gross and the merchandise is more than enough
exactly. trying to go from 5 to 50% :mjlol:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Mickey wanted to give Sony a 360.....shyt more like a 720 deal. :mjlol:

Spiderman is Marvel's premier character....they were trying to be ridiculously greedy at Disney. shyt made no sense. fukk I look like taking a deal where I earn less than a fully self funded and promoted Venon movie that made almost 250 million less. :skip:
Like I said then: the day any exec said yes to that deal, that’s their last day on the job. No accountant in the world was going to be cool with that shyt

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Madame Web rumors had Marvel Shooked:banderas:

Sony was and Is In Control, Marvel right now have The Absolute Carnage Arc going on right now that's doing great numbers and The Spiderverse in Marvel have so many great villains and Characters that Sony could of easy piggy backed off of Marvel and Marvel will never put Spiderman on the sidelines like they done to Fantastic Four.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Sony was and Is In Control, Marvel right now have The Absolute Carnage Arc going on right now that's doing great numbers and The Spiderverse in Marvel have so many great villains and Characters that Sony could of easy piggy backed off of Marvel and Marvel will never put Spiderman on the sidelines like they done to Fantastic Four.
We still doing this :unimpressed: