Sony Denies It Is Cutting PSVR2 Shipments aka fukk Bloomberg

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
You were lying to yourself if you thought this was going to be a success. Everything about it screamed DOA. Closed system, tethered system, no backwards compatibility with ports from the Quest 2 or mid games. You will be judged by what you are compared to the Quest brand. Oculus took VR mainstream, no one else did and unlike consoles, not a lot of people are going to keep multiple current VR sets around. It's the one thing that Sony is trying to do and that's stave off homogeneous products, how why they don't allow PC interoperability. They want everything in their walled off garden and bit by bit, that's being taken away from them. The tech is crazy in the PSVR2. Note how I didn't mention price because I think the Quest 3 will be similar in price, but it will sell. I watched one of my kids take the Quest 2 yesterday from the rec room, to the living room to his bedroom. None of the rooms mentioned has the PS5 in there. I point this out because this is the level of freedom that the Quest has afforded people. You can't tell me most people really care about graphics when minecraft and fortnite are the two most popular games in the world. The value proposition has to be something else here and Sony totally missed it.