Sony Denies It Is Cutting PSVR2 Shipments aka fukk Bloomberg

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What you want me to say?

I have my thoughts on the comment but :manny: I'm not gonna go back and forth with Sony stan gang

So Sony is straw manning Bloomberg? Seems like the article mention sales projections being cut and not actual production which is what Sony disputed. Idk really and don’t care lol

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
What you want me to say?

I have my thoughts on the comment but :manny: I'm not gonna go back and forth with Sony stan gang

This is just Xbots trying to spin the denial. They wouldn’t manufacture headsets they don’t think they can sell. Companies don’t store extra units in warehouses they ship directly to retailers. So if they reduce their sales forecast they would reduce their production.

Remember at launch when Bloomberg claimed PS5s were over heating and had only a 50% yield :mjlol:

Still waiting on that Switch Pro too. :takedat:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is just Xbots trying to spin the denial. They wouldn’t manufacture headsets they don’t think they can sell. Companies don’t store extra units in warehouses they ship directly to retailers. So if they reduce their sales forecast they would reduce their production.

Remember at launch when Bloomberg claimed PS5s were over heating and had only a 50% yield :mjlol:

Still waiting on that Switch Pro too. :takedat:
Just gonna quote this from one of the tweets

The original story never said cutting production it was about cutting sales expectations, which Sony never denied. Instead, they come out with an unrelated statement about production. How is this so hard to grasp? Sony is pulling a slide of hand with words.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Who thinks it going to do crazy numbers? Even Bloomberg initial story only had 2 million units. VR is a niche market. Some of us just like VR and are excited for another great head set to hit the market.
The narrative and back and forth about shipments for this product don't seem worth the time to fanboy about is all. It's a matter of wording and semantics. I don't know if I can call it a potential flop, because I don't know how successful Sony thinks it will be. That's why I'm reading the comments like... it doesn't really matter :laugh:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I honestly couldn't care less if they cut production or projections.
As much as I love PSVR and the platform overall, I think this is bad timing on Sony's part.
I've said before that Sony should have waited a bit more for the PS5's to be more easily accessible on store shelfs before releasing PSVR2.
This peripheral is too expensive for the majority of people to purchase within the first year of them purchasing the console itself.
On top of that, the AAA games on PSVR2 are too limited right now for most people to justify the purchase.
RE8 will keep people entertained for 20+ hours. The majority of the other games look like they are going to be 5 ish hours of an experience that while being dope, will be short lived and those types of games aren't going to shift the market like Sony needs to do.
Sideline Sony stans can tase me later. I actually own a PSVR and pretty much every game that matters for it.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People get mad if you compare VR to 3D but they both have the same limitations when it comes to mainstream appeal. Expensive, not that much content, and the biggest huddle of them all: nobody wants to wear extra shyt to enjoy their entertainment. VR offers a way more immersive experience than 3D so it can sell more but it's always going to have a ceiling on what it can do because of the helmet.