Sony Denies It Is Cutting PSVR2 Shipments aka fukk Bloomberg

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony needs "The Mario, or sonic or tomb raider" of VR or this VR push will ultimately be just another step in "normalizing" it more.

Overall I don't think VR ever takes off like non VR gaming but I don't think it can have its own nice ecosystem.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Takashi Mochizuki writing a doom and gloom article about Sony? No way! A niche luxury add-on selling upwards to 300k in 4 1/2 weeks in the US only is not a disaster. This guy just makes shyt up.

SymbolicOne09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sony needs "The Mario, or sonic or tomb raider" of VR or this VR push will ultimately be just another step in "normalizing" it more.

Overall I don't think VR ever takes off like non VR gaming but I don't think it can have its own nice ecosystem.
The experiences are already available. Playing firewall on the original psvr it was hard to go back to regular fps unless i was playing with rl friends .. to a lesser extent astrobot for platformers and now that gt7 is in vr i havent touched forza horizon 5.. give it time.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

People keep saying "well if they had THIS game and THAT game".
The games exist. Right now. They're amazing.
Price and timing. That's the problem.
People are just BARELY getting their hands on a PS5.
It blows my mind why Sony is trying to shove PSVR2 down everyone's throats just coming off of a pandemic, global supply chain shortages, massive job losses, and now smack in the middle of an economic crisis with potential war right around the corner.
Sony AND MS should let these consoles rock for longer than usual.
This isn't the time to drop a "mid gen refresh" or $500 peripherals.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
It blows my mind why Sony is trying to shove PSVR2 down everyone's throats just coming off of a pandemic, global supply chain shortages, massive job losses, and now smack in the middle of an economic crisis with potential war right around the corner.
I can't buy this breh. You can't play footsies with peripherals. It's got to be all or nothing. We've seen this with the PSP, Vita and PSVR1. You can not halfstep. The Quest 3 is going to run $500ish this year. That's going to sell out whatever their allotment will be at launch. In the VR space, your device is defined against the Quest line. It's the standard, irrespective of if it is the most technologically advanced of them all. PSVR2 falls short. Crazy tech means nothing if you shoot yourself in the foot with everything else.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

If it had a Killer game that was PSVR only, things would be much different. Sony stans wouldn't stop talking about it and they'd be flying off the shelfs, instead you have what you posted.

I don't disagree with you over all but a PVSR game that you can only experience on it and that makes people want to buy it for that one game doesn't exist. A elden rings, Zelda, or hogwarts.

VR needs software to move units even more so than Consoles and PSVR being both console exclusive and VR... well they need killer games even more so. Because trust is some sick VR game comes out and I deicide I gotta play it, but I can get it on quest for 299 vs pvsr2 for 500 :francis: