Sony Denies It Is Cutting PSVR2 Shipments aka fukk Bloomberg

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People keep saying "well if they had THIS game and THAT game".
The games exist. Right now. They're amazing.
Price and timing. That's the problem.
People are just BARELY getting their hands on a PS5.
It blows my mind why Sony is trying to shove PSVR2 down everyone's throats just coming off of a pandemic, global supply chain shortages, massive job losses, and now smack in the middle of an economic crisis with potential war right around the corner.
Sony AND MS should let these consoles rock for longer than usual.
This isn't the time to drop a "mid gen refresh" or $500 peripherals.

Yeah, it's really just this. fukk most people look like buying a peripheral that costs as much as the damn console it's meant to be used with? :gucci:

AND there's not really a game that you absolutely MUST play on it? Get directly the fukk out of here.

Daps
Takashi Mochizuki writing a doom and gloom article about Sony? No way! A niche luxury add-on selling upwards to 300k in 4 1/2 weeks in the US only is not a disaster. This guy just makes shyt up.

It's a disaster if it isn't in the stratosphere of your shareholders and executives financial forecasts and expectations, which by all accounts this is. RE6 is a top 6 selling title ever for Capcom (was top 3 before Monster Hunter's explosion in popularity last gen)... but because its initial sales expectations were so astronomically unreasonable (7 million in Fiscal year 1 alone) on account of its crazy production costs it was a financial failure that almost bankrupted the company. Same deal with any blockbuster Hollywood movie that rakes in half a billion+.... but still loses money at the end of the day because it spent almost that much on marketing alone.

300k sales for a $550 niche peripheral shouldn't be seen as anything but a success in a vacuum, yea... but if the cost of production and advertisement is high enough and Sony executives think that PSVR2 needs to sell just as many if not more units than PSVR1 did in similar timeframes... then even that can be a failure to them.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
So not only is PSVR2 a flop, but you dumbass nikkas on here that swore Sony would be the company to take VR mainstream obviously dont know what the fukk you're talking about.

And I'm willing to bet that those statements about having a bunch of studios working on VR games was a cap too. I guess lying when launching hardware is par for the course with Sony these days.

Rain

đź‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If this was wireless and compatible with PC, I may have bought it.

They need to drop the price too. Can’t justify paying more for a peripheral than the console it has to connect to.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
i've played mine like 3 times

waste of money :to:

That's wild. I play GT7 almost every day now, and can't imagine going back to 2D -- the immersion is that good. I'm maybe halfway through Horizon and played a little bit of Resident Evil, but those are great experiences and very enjoyable. Maybe my mind is blown because this is the first VR headset I've owned since the VirtuaBoy, but I definitely feel I'm getting my money's worth.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
That's wild. I play GT7 almost every day now, and can't imagine going back to 2D -- the immersion is that good. I'm maybe halfway through Horizon and played a little bit of Resident Evil, but those are great experiences and very enjoyable. Maybe my mind is blown because this is the first VR headset I've owned since the VirtuaBoy, but I definitely feel I'm getting my money's worth.

how much sony paying you :mjgrin:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
how much sony paying you :mjgrin:

Nothing unfortunately :sadcam:

To be fair, I'm not saying it's an Earth shatterimg, mindblowing experience. It's not perfect -- I wish it wasn't wired and the mura effect is noticeable at times. But, I've logged hours into playing with the PSVR2, and feel I've got my money's worth out of it.