Sony COO: SIA doesn’t have an understanding on how to translate their work into profit.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
It's going to be just like streaming and music services.

A handful actual exclusive titles but overall most things will be timed exclusive and on multiple platforms.

To much money too pass up, especially when things cost as much as they do to make
What's the incentive for publishers with that future? Wouldn't MS, Sony and others make more money publishing and releasing games on their own platforms as opposed to the opposite ?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Oh now it's obvious :heh:
I mean...nothing in your comment is new information.
A handful of exclusives and mostly multiplatform games has been the norm since forever.
Was anyone making a claim that Sony ONLY releases first party exclusives?
I think the sentiment for BOTH consoles has been "I love THESE exclusive games so I got THIS console, but I DO spend a ton of time on the great multiplatform games as well". You gotta be a super saiyan god level stan to ONLY play the exclusives.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What's the incentive for publishers with that future? Wouldn't MS, Sony and others make more money publishing and releasing games on their own platforms as opposed to the opposite ?
Gotta make the money in all areas possible when the things you are funding cost more than Blockbuster Hollywood movies.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean...nothing in your comment is new information.
A handful of exclusives and mostly multiplatform games has been the norm since forever.
Was anyone making a claim that Sony ONLY releases first party exclusives?
I think the sentiment for BOTH consoles has been "I love THESE exclusive games so I got THIS console, but I DO spend a ton of time on the great multiplatform games as well". You gotta be a super saiyan god level stan to ONLY play the exclusives.

They make it complicated for themselves because microsoft has been flopping for like 15 years now.

Question: “why should i buy this console over that one”

Answer: “this console has better game offerings, through 3rd party and first party offerings”

Aka Playstation gets every 3rd party game, including exclusives as well as award winning first party titles. Xbox owners are gaurunteed neither. Thats how its been for 5 generations now

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don't see anything wrong with the statement. :manny:
The same is true for literally every platform.
@The Mad Titan said it in the context like it was some sort of diss meant only for Sony.
Because it is. for years we’ve heard “exclusives” are the only reason to own a console and sony would NEVER put their games on other platforms.

Dudes went from “I’ll get it on PC” :jawalrus:
To “Nobody’s gonna wait for playstation games on pc” :stopitslime:

to “I can’t afford a PC” :sadcam:

:mjlol:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
They make it complicated for themselves because microsoft has been flopping for like 15 years now.

Question: “why should i buy this console over that one”

Answer: “this console has better game offerings, through 3rd party and first party offerings”

Aka Playstation gets every 3rd party game, including exclusives as well as award winning first party titles. Xbox owners are gaurunteed neither
I always assumed people buy Xbox first because they feel the need for Halo, Gears of War, Forza, etc and people but Playstation first because they feel the need for The Last Of Us, Horizon, God of War, etc.
Outside of that, I've always said everyone is playing the same games...meaning that everyone is spending the overwhelming majority of their gaming time playing multiplatform games.
I've been pretty consistent as far as that goes. I used to clown all these guys for going back and forth on which consoles has the most "P's and FPS'".
Console choice is about which exclusives you want most, and what platforms your immediate friends play on. It's really not more complicated than that.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Because it is. for years we’ve heard “exclusives” are the only reason to own a console and sony would NEVER put their games on other platforms.

Dudes went from “I’ll get it on PC” :jawalrus:
To “Nobody’s gonna wait for playstation games on pc” :stopitslime:

to “I can’t afford a PC” :sadcam:

:mjlol:
You're not wrong.
I never understood the "I'll just get X on PC" joke. I don't care to play on PC.
Even with a competent gaming PC, I very much prefer sitting on the couch with my feet up playing on my 65" oled with 7.1 surround sound experience, and no I don't care to plug my PC into my TV.
In my mind, I never even count PC ports as multiplats. That's just me though. I know on here that's a very serious talking point to many.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
sia.jpg
She needs to hire new marketing to understand the profits