Sony announces Vita TV

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
If this is competing with the Ruko, Apple TV, Google TV etc
can this thing play mkv files and use the PS netflix and MLB apps?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
People spend as much on an Apple TV to stream media to their TV and a Roku. This can do that and play Vita / PSP / PS1 games. The bad part aboit it is it fragments the market but then again the Vita market is non-existent. To me this is better than all those Android style home consoles.
Bu bu but all we care about is the games...

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
I'm glad to see Sony is at least trying to address all of the Vita's issues.
It should be interesting to see how this compares to the 2DS sells.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
This is great news for me. I thought I would have to buy a PS4 to play all those interesting indie games but I can just buy this instead and save 300 bucks.

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
lets talk about why the vita doesn't have an option to connect to a tv
Unless Sony was going to stream the games to TVs from the Vita, it's not really feasible. The best way they could have done it this way would have been allowing gamers to use controllers for the Vita while it's in HDMI Out mode.

This is a better option IMO. Just think about it. If you have a big HDTV, you're not going to be sitting an HDMI cable's length from it while viewing. That's what you'd have to do with a Vita with HDMI out without a DS3/DS4
:huhldup:

It's great for Vita owners though, if they want to have a wider audience they should start bringing more TV streaming apps to the Vita to make this thing really appeal to that AppleTV, Roku crowd. If this thing had those sports apps found on it's competitors I would consider it.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
damn, I thought this was gonna be a vita add on or something that would allow me to hook my vita up to the tv, stream ps4 games to it, and use vita/ps4 apps on the tv as well.

Ill pass.

-DMP-

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Nah, you need a PS4 to stream PS4 games.
That was a troll post, you should of ignored it

Why is it a troll post? Im not allowed to like indie games now? My XBLA and PSN game list would disagree with that.

And why would i need a PS4 to play games that are also getting a release on the Vita?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why is it a troll post? Im not allowed to like indie games now? My XBLA and PSN game list would disagree with that.

And why would i need a PS4 to play games that are also getting a release on the Vita?
If your goal is to play PS VITA titles then you're good, you can't play PS4 exclusive titles that are only available on PS4 though with this...