Sony announces Vita TV

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
People spend as much on an Apple TV to stream media to their TV and a Roku. This can do that and play Vita / PSP / PS1 games. The bad part aboit it is it fragments the market but then again the Vita market is non-existent. To me this is better than all those Android style home consoles.
I think thats the worst thing you can do because the argument was finally being made that you should buy a vita. I am not sure what percentage of games use the touch screen though. I know that the accelerometer is important in mutant blobs attack...thats one of my favorite vita games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
For what it does, yes. I don't know Sony's projections on the amount of units they expect to sell, but that shyt is dope. Dunno why you hatin'.

It's dope for people in the market for an ouya. Not a very big market.

It's a missed opportunity for hardcores a such as yourself who already owns a ps3/4

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It's dope for people in the market for an ouya. Not a very big market.

It's a missed opportunity for harcores a such as yourself who already owns a ps3/4

How is it a missed opportunity? Being able to play Vita games with my DS3 on TV and play my Ps4 in another room on another TV without moving it from the main TV?

For ahunna ? Sounds like a win to me.... :yeshrug:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How is it a missed opportunity? Being able to play Vita games with my DS3 on TV and play my Ps4 in another room on another TV without moving it from the main TV?

For ahunna ? Sounds like a win to me.... :yeshrug:

You can already play most vita games with your ds3. The ones you can't play with the ds3 won't be as good on your tv as they are on the vita.

Are you really excited about laggy controls just so you don't have to move the ps4? Why would you leave your ps4 in a room being unused anyway?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I assume all that remote play stuff will have input lag

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That's not true at all. I've had plenty of good things to say about Sony consoles, it's just that around here if you aren't praising them every step of the way you get labled as a bias fanboy.

I honestly mean it when I say Sony could have made something special with the ps4 vita integration. But as it stands it seems like they are just trying to check features off a list to say they have them.

The should have scrapped the camera all together and packaged the vita with every ps4. That would have given devs incentive to do some cool exclusive things with the hardware. Also if they were banking on remote play so hard, then they should have given the ps4 multitasking capabilities. That way someone could be watching Netflix while your using remote play. That would make the feature really worthwhile lag and all.

Like I said it seems they are just trying to check features off a list, instead of making a real cohesive playstaion experience that would set it apart from its competitors.
The whole watch Netflix and game on remote play simultaneously is laughable for a game console. Playing games is too strenuous to offload resources like that.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You can already play most vita games with your ds3. The ones you can't play with the ds3 won't be as good on your tv as they are on the vita.

Are you really excited about laggy controls just so you don't have to move the ps4? Why would you leave your ps4 in a room being unused anyway?

1. You CANNOT use a DS3 with a vita
2. If the Vita TV input lag is bad, then I just won't use that feature. However, playing Vita, PS1, Ps2 games on the Vita TV is dope. Can't knock that.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
why didn't they build hdmi-out into the Vita in the first place?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
1. You CANNOT use a DS3 with a vita
2. If the Vita TV input lag is bad, then I just won't use that feature. However, playing Vita, PS1, Ps2 games on the Vita TV is dope. Can't knock that.

1.Yes you can. 99% of vita games are also on ps3/4. The ones that are not use the vitas touchscreen/tilt controls so they would have to be gimped in order to play on your tv.

2. Once again it's dope if you don't already have and don't plan on buying a ps3/4 or a regular vita.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
why didn't they build hdmi-out into the Vita in the first place?

probably because you'd need a long ass cord considering the big screens people have today. Sitting up close probably isn't the best thing to do.
1.Yes you can. 99% of vita games are also on ps3/4. The ones that are not use the vitas touchscreen/tilt controls so they would have to be gimped in order to play on your tv.

2. Once again it's dope if you don't already have and don't plan on buying a ps3/4 or a regular vita.

Bruh, I HAVE A VITA. NO YOU CANNOT. IT DOESN'T SUPPORT DS3.

http://uk.playstation.com/psvita/support/general/detail/linked391549/item391543/Connectivity/

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sony says it won't so until its proven otherwise I'll be taking their word on it.

A controller going directly to your tv has input lag.

For remote play your inputs would have to go from your controller to the vita tv from there to your ps4 where they will be processed then they have to go back from the ps4 to the vita tv and to your tv.

There will be input lag, how much is the question. And how will other people using your home network effect it.