Sony announces Vita TV

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No it's not. It could have been done. The X1 could do it.
What can you remote play the Xb1 on? There was a video out showing somebody on an Xb1 playing Rise and going back to the dashboard and the gams suffered from visible slowdown

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
probably because you'd need a long ass cord considering the big screens people have today. Sitting up close probably isn't the best thing to do.

Bruh, I HAVE A VITA. NO YOU CANNOT. IT DOESN'T SUPPORT DS3.

http://uk.playstation.com/psvita/support/general/detail/linked391549/item391543/Connectivity/

You are not paying attention. YOUR PS3 ALREADY SUPPORTS MOST VITA GAMES. Therefore you can already play "vita games" on your tv with the ds3.

Also EVERY single vita game announced recently is also coming to ps4. Therefore you can already play those games on your tv with a ds4.

Any game that doesn't fall into these two categories uses the unique vita harware, so you still wouldn't be able to play them on your tv or they would have to be changed drastically.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
There will be input lag, how much is the question. And how will other people using your home network effect it.

Very true.

Thankfully no one in my house other than me uses anything with lots of bandwidth (granted online gaming and remote play doesn't use nearly as much bandwidth as people think, especially locally).

I don't think the input lag will be bad though. If they release a product with shytty input lag touting it as one of the best features of this and PS4 remote play..... :snoop:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What can you remote play the Xb1 on? There was a video out showing somebody on an Xb1 playing Rise and going back to the dashboard and the gams suffered from visible slowdown

No the games don't suffer any slowdown nor do the apps.
Digital Foundry said:
"Snapping in apps alongside gameplay, media or other apps works exactly as advertised with no adverse performance impact to speak of.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You are not paying attention. YOUR PS3 ALREADY SUPPORTS MOST VITA GAMES. Therefore you can already play "vita games" on your tv with the ds3.

Also EVERY single vita game announced recently is also coming to ps4. Therefore you can already play those games on your tv with a ds4.

Any game that doesn't fall into these two categories uses the unique vita harware, so you still wouldn't be able to play them on your tv or they would have to be changed drastically.

No you can't bruh, I tried...PLENTY of Vita games. It's the other way around (playing ps3 games on Vita) and those are VERY limited.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Which vita games are you excited about playing on your tv?

All of em. :manny:

Still will probably have to use the actual Vita as a "controller" due to the touchscreen. It's critical in games like KZ mercenary for the melee kills and interrogation. (shyt is dope as fukk if you got a Vita).

AlphaOne

OFT XI E Squad
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey / XO
Who gives a fukk about Vita, cancel that abomination and make some AAA's.

Looks like I'm gonna have to be the voice of the real world on here since it's nothing but stans crying about the others imperfections.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-16-wii-u-gamepad-wireless-latency-is-less-than-many-hdtvs
Nintendo has proven you can do second screen gaming with less input lag than your HDTV has.

Different technology. The wii u gamepad connects directly to the wii u, it doesnt use your home network, and the signal doesn't have to pass through an extra device, or a TV. This is what I mean when I said Sony should have doubled down on the vita/ps4 integration it would have been better. They should have used tech similar to the wii u.

And with all that said, plenty of wii u owners have complained about input lag.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
This shyt only impresses the most ardent of fanboys. To regular everyday consumers it will be confusing as fukk.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
This shyt only impresses the most ardent of fanboys. To regular everyday consumers it will be confusing as fukk.

It's supposed to compete with Apple TV, Roku, cheap media streaming boxes, android consoles, & etc.. I don't see why that's hard to understand.

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Who gives a fukk about Vita, cancel that abomination and make some AAA's.

Looks like I'm gonna have to be the voice of the real world on here since it's nothing but stans crying about the others imperfections.
The Vita is a GREAT device to play games on. I am just not sure why Sony is not forcing double down development of PS3 games on to it since its basically a mini PS3 in your pocket.

That whole streaming games to another room is a niche market...most people don't care about that. All that smartglass, Wii U, Vita TV, and all that other nonsense is only good in a limited number of situations.