Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6B

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The irony in you making a statement about broken views of history and then making the statement in bold. I think you meant most successful Xbox games.

Yeah forget perfect dark, donkey kong country, golden eye, battletoads, killer instinct, etc. its all ab out xbox Kinect sports :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The irony in you making a statement about broken views of history and then making the statement in bold. I think you meant most successful Xbox games.
I’m not making it up
Sea of Thieves Is Rare’s Fastest Selling Game Ever

Their Nintendo 64 games have a cult following but the weren’t really great money makers outside of 007 and Donkey Kong. Nintendo didn’t sell them cause they were printing money at the time :beli:

They are the largest and most successful they’ve ever been right now under Microsoft.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m not making it up
Sea of Thieves Is Rare’s Fastest Selling Game Ever

Their Nintendo 64 games have a cult following but the weren’t really great money makers outside of 007 and Donkey Kong. Nintendo didn’t sell them cause they were printing money at the time :beli:

They are the largest and most successful they’ve ever been right now under Microsoft.

So which is it, is it the most successful or is it not, because sea of thieves sold 5 mil as of december.

And it came out 4 years ago

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So which is it, is it the most successful or is it not, because sea of thieves sold 5 mil as of december.

And it came out 4 years ago
5 million copies and countless money in dlc. Game still going strong and more popular than it was 4 years ago.

the studio is the largest it’s ever been an working on multiple projects.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
5 million copies and countless money in dlc. Game still going strong and more popular than it was 4 years ago.

the studio is the largest it’s ever been an working on multiple projects.

It basically took them 16 years to put out one mildly successful service game and one game in development hell

Microsoft is just not known for their ability to build successful studios

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It basically took them 16 years to put out one mildly successful service game and one game in development hell

Microsoft is just not known for their ability to build successful studios
No this is just you weirdo Sony stans narrative.

Rare was gonna die. That’s why Nintendo sold them. They are now one of the most successful devs in the game.

That’s facts.

In reality the majority of studios Microsoft has built have been very successful.

All time, Rare has 4 very successful games. Two of them are on xbox

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't understand the argument. Rare during it's Nintendo days and Rare today are 2 different companies. The exodus and brain drain that occurred really set them back decades.

Prior to MS acq. vs after are 2 diametrically opposed outlook and productivity. Revisionism with SOT. When it launched it was abysmal. It took them number of years to get their sh!t together post launch. Rare themselves don't want to revisit their old IPs.

Sony's golden handcuff deal with Bungie is shrewd business move. Bungie won a lot in their negotiations but this aspect is an absolute win for Sony. Medium and long term.