Sony acquires Bungie for 3.6B

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
They bout to release Marathon on Steam. If Sony bought em then why isn’t it a PS5 exclusive? No wonder Sony losing money they making bad decisions...

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They bout to release Marathon on Steam. If Sony bought em then why isn’t it a PS5 exclusive? No wonder Sony losing money they making bad decisions...

There’s no incentive to making a 1994 game exclusive - im referring to impending realese of Classic Marathon - and Sony’s current strat is seemingly multiplayer games day and date with PC and single player games with a later port

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who is this random twitter account though? That could be something one of you Coli brehs typed up on your phone :unimpressed:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I don't understand the argument. Rare during it's Nintendo days and Rare today are 2 different companies. The exodus and brain drain that occurred really set them back decades.

Prior to MS acq. vs after are 2 diametrically opposed outlook and productivity. Revisionism with SOT. When it launched it was abysmal. It took them number of years to get their sh!t together post launch. Rare themselves don't want to revisit their old IPs.

Sony's golden handcuff deal with Bungie is shrewd business move. Bungie won a lot in their negotiations but this aspect is an absolute win for Sony. Medium and long term.
Man I haven't heard about Rare in a minute. Back in the day they were the GOAT developer. I still remember the first time seeing Donkey Kong Country, Star Fox, and Killer Instinct as kid :mindblown:

My mind couldn't even process wtf I was seeing.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA

Legendary finessing by Bungie leadership:whew:
Absolutely.
They got that check and said fukk it.
Left the Sony Execs on Read.
Helped kill the TLOU MP game.
Laid off people, told their developers to shut the fukk up and put out more seasonal trash.
Laughed at their customers and said gimme that money.
Amazing.

:wow:

Destiny seemed like it was about to be back