DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:russ:

I am coppin that tho

Sony already got you conditioned for that $70 pricepoint huh?:troll: You'll do anything to support except actually play the game:troll:

Destiny is cross-platform Brother Duck, maybe I can show you the ropes one day:youngsabo:

Crucible first:mjlit:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony already got you conditioned for that $70 pricepoint huh?:troll: You'll do anything to support except actually play the game:troll:

Destiny is cross-platform Brother Duck, maybe I can show you the ropes one day:youngsabo:

Crucible first:mjlit:

downloading now

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Destiny 2 is estimated to have a player base of 38.8 million players. It is the second most popular MMO of all time, second only to World of Warcraft.

:leon: could be more of a response wow

Didn't know destiny was such a popular mmo

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Halo 1 was developed by the two cofounders Jones and Seropian, Lead writer Staten, lead game design Armstrong lead art director Lehto. Staten is at 343. Lehto was at 343 then bounced. Seropian left a long time ago and Armstrong did Borderlands. And y’all know Bungie did Marty the sound composer dirty so that leaves only cofounder Jason Jones left. Destiny is his baby.

so yeah Destiny definitely has Halo DNA but it doesn’t have the whole OG team behind it cause they are all scattered or at 343.
Marty was more than just the composer. He was the entire sound guy, plus helped with the stories in the trilogy +odst n Reach.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Soooo…they bought Destiny for 3billion? This was Sony’s retaliation? They couldn’t have paid somebody to make some damn games like right now? We should be seeing 3-4 new games every month at this point, going on year two on next gen consoles. My cousins are over here playing Smite on a PS5…like what in the entire fukk?

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Or just choose wisely :ld:
"wisely"
jim-ryan-laughing.gif

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I’m confused because i always assumed Destiny was huge, this thread is teh first time I’ve seen people downplay it
It's a large game but it's a long running GaaS.

You need to compare it to gta online and mmo more Than you need to a yearly franchise like COD.

At this point their value is based on how many people buy expansions, season passes, silver, and other MtX until a new game releases.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Soooo…they bought Destiny for 3billion? This was Sony’s retaliation? They couldn’t have paid somebody to make some damn games like right now? We should be seeing 3-4 new games every month at this point, going on year two on next gen consoles. My cousins are over here playing Smite on a PS5…like what in the entire fukk?

Retaliation? I guess you don't know these multi-billion dollar acquisitions aren't something that's just done in a couple of days. Both acquisitions were most like planned sometime mid last year or something and not in direct correlation to each other. Granted, the timing is...convenient enough to get some folks riled up thinking one has to do with the other.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Retaliation? I guess you don't know these multi-billion dollar acquisitions aren't something that's just done in a couple of days. Both acquisitions were most like planned some mid last year or something and not in direct correlation to each other. Granting, the timing is...convenient enough to get some folks riled up thinking one has to do with the other.

Yeah,

Also, both acquisitions were announced before the companies quarterly fiscal reports, thats not a coincidence. They gotta spend that money this year